User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What Is "mopping" & How Is It Done?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Fingers crossed it will get done today ready for the bank holiday. I'm not getting my hopes up because theyve had my car since monday & all they have done is give me a free full valet! Jesus christ do i really want a valet? No. I want the dam spots off the ****** car!!! I feel that i cant go in there & be too demanding because the manager keeps telling(like if i am deaf) that they are not liable & that they are doing me a favour by trying to get it sorted? This for a problem thats been caused by another building even though the car was in their care & in their dam car park!!! I know if i go in there ranting & raving they will wash their hands with me & tell me to take the car elsewhere.

For anyone who lives in north london,this is the PNG waltham cross branch so beware!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Trading standards.. give them a ring and see what they say.. then go back armed with the old "I've spoken to Trading Standards" ammo.

Worked a treat when my mate had his sunroof repaired.. they cracked the windscreen then tried to blame it on leaving the car out in the sun!! Funny how a windscreen gets cracked at a windscreen repair place!! Then they say "we'll do you a new one for £60".. he went back after speaking to Trading Standards and got a nice new windscreen free of charge. It's in their care, it's their responsibilty!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I've recently had a load of 'holograms' and swirls appear on my car. The holograms are the most annoying cos they really stand out when the sun shines.
    I use the 2 bucket method and only use megs lambswool washmitt and microfibres so cannot understand what the hell is causing it?

I haven't got a pc but could do with getting rid of them, has anyone got any ideas?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

GUTTED. car still sitting in vauxhalls car park gavering dust. looks like i'll have to wait till next week now. the car has been there all week & for what? a free valet! The manager has gone awol in some sort of meeting when i try to get hold of him & when i do get hold of him its all promises,promises,promises. Good old vauxhalls.they talk a good game but deliver jack s***.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by blr123 View Post
    Enfield......is that close to Leeds?.......
    Define Close. About 200 miles

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Basil View Post
    I've recently had a load of 'holograms' and swirls appear on my car. The holograms are the most annoying cos they really stand out when the sun shines.
    I use the 2 bucket method and only use megs lambswool washmitt and microfibres so cannot understand what the hell is causing it?

I haven't got a pc but could do with getting rid of them, has anyone got any ideas?
    Hi Basil,

The only way it could be holograms is if the car had been machine polished, you can't inflict holograms by hand same goes for buffer trails.

It sounds like you have a good wash method going there, could the holograms have been there when you bought the car?........the only way to remove them, or I should say the easiest way to remove them, is to have the car machine polished by someone who knows what they're doing, you could try Megs Scratch X but hey that will take ages and you'll have arms like iron bars.

I could put you onto someone in your area but remember it won't be cheap but the finish will be "as new" again

Bryan

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

If the car was in their care then they are responsible.... if they want to claim the costs back from the builders then thats up to them, but they are responsible for your car while they have it, unless you signed some sort of damage waiver.

As suggested, I'd call Trading Standards and Vauxhall customer care.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

they are not responsible the builders are, you can only be liable for what you can control (or sometimes reasonably foresee) You cannot be held liable for the actions of another if they are not in your employment, under contract or working to your instruction or request. Go and see the builders - get their insurance details and start blaming the people who caused your problem.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by blr123 View Post
    Hi Basil,

The only way it could be holograms is if the car had been machine polished, you can't inflict holograms by hand same goes for buffer trails.

It sounds like you have a good wash method going there, could the holograms have been there when you bought the car?........the only way to remove them, or I should say the easiest way to remove them, is to have the car machine polished by someone who knows what they're doing, you could try Megs Scratch X but hey that will take ages and you'll have arms like iron bars.

I could put you onto someone in your area but remember it won't be cheap but the finish will be "as new" again

Bryan

Hi Bryan,

The holograms wern't there when I bought it they seem to have just appeared the last two times I washed her, dunno how tho.

Might try the scratch x route to see how I get on but would like some more info matey of someone in my area that could give her a once over, don't mind the price if the results are worth it

Cheers Bryan.

Ex Vec-C Admin & Founder Bainie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by rob 2.2dti View Post
    they are not responsible the builders are, you can only be liable for what you can control (or sometimes reasonably foresee) You cannot be held liable for the actions of another if they are not in your employment, under contract or working to your instruction or request. Go and see the builders - get their insurance details and start blaming the people who caused your problem.
    If the car is in their care they are resposiblw for it, The bulider could blame a contractor working for him, who could blame the company he hired a piece of equipment from, who could blame the sopplier of said equipment, who could in turn blame the supplier of a componant which failed, who could blame .....etc ..... etc ... The garage had the car and are responsible for it, and are insured, let their insurance company find out who to blame, certainly not your fault for leaving a car with them !!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information