Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra c

Trim : SRi

Engine : 1.9cdti

Year : 2007

Default Poor mpg...?

I have a 1.9cdti 150, and i get about the same miles as i did on my 1.8sri. I know best going by gallon but i put £20 of fuel in my 1.8 sri and get to work and back 4 days and i thought getting this 1.9cdti i would get more miles but going same road and same driving i get round about the same 120-130 miles for £20 that was good for my 1.8sri but poor for my 1.9cdti question is what sort of things could i do to make fuel consumption abit better on my 1.9cdti will be doing a good service to start with. But what else could i be looking at doing? To help this when i get all bits done that needs to be done i will be looking at getting it remapped after other thing sorted. Any advice please?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : CDX

Engine : 1.9 CDti

Year : 1996

Mileage : 180000

I have a 1.9 cdti - 150 bhp - average consumption about 55mpg.

£20 = 200 miles there or there about.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C Saloon( sadly died at age 20 due to a hart attack)

Trim : SXI limited edition

Engine : 2.0 16v DTI

Year : 2003

Mileage : 140000

either clean the intake/ egr / boost sensor/ intercooler and all the boost pipes... or have a terra clean or carbon clean done... both will help cleaning up the intake... but if you ask me the best way of doing it is to take the parts of and than jet wash the lot... except for the boost sensor... that will need some electrical contact cleaner ...

it also helps if you run a clean air - and fuel filter... and while you are at it best to run a injector cleaner additive like comma diesel magic or rhino diesel treatment.... if you are going to do that make sure you top up the fuel filter with the additive so it's in a higher dosage so it will clean the injectors faster... the rest you add to the tank.
    Last edited by northpole; 26th March 2018 at 12:05.

4. Likes Grumpy1954 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra c

Engine : 1.9cdti

Year : 2007

Quote Originally Posted by bigwul View Post
    I have a 1.9 cdti - 150 bhp - average consumption about 55mpg.

£20 = 200 miles there or there about.
    i am getting about 29-30mpg according to the onboard comp.

Quote Originally Posted by northpole View Post
    either clean the intake/ egr / boost sensor/ intercooler and all the boost pipes... or have a terra clean or carbon clean done... both will help cleaning up the intake... but if you ask me the best way of doing it is to take the parts of and than jet wash the lot... except for the boost sensor... that will need some electrical contact cleaner ...

it also helps if you run a clean air - and fuel filter... and while you are at it best to run a injector cleaner additive like comma diesel magic or rhino diesel treatment.... if you are going to do that make sure you top up the fuel filter with the additive so it's in a higher dosage so it will clean the injectors faster... the rest you add to the tank.
    i am new to the diesel engines this is my first ever diesel so just trying to get use to them and at that i am no mechanic so alot of that dident make much sense to me lol i ave heard of the terra clean before can look into getting that done. But for the other stuff i will need to get someone that knows what there doing to sort most of that out for me while i am there so i can help and well learn at same time i am hoping will need to do something as i am getting just over half the miles that others are getting i got diesel to get more miles out of it going backward and forwards to work each day now i seem like inam just paying the extra fuel prices to get same amout of miles i was getting on the 1.8sri

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vauxhall Astra-J

Trim : Elite

Engine : 2.0 CDTi

Year : 2013

Quote Originally Posted by G16RYO View Post
    i am getting about 29-30mpg according to the onboard comp.
    The BC is nothing but a toy. An inaccurate one at that. It also doesn't give an "accurate" reading for approx. 15 miles into a journey on some of the range settings.

Most accurate way is to brim the tank, reset the odometer trip, do some miles until the tank is down to ¼ on the guage, then brim the tank again and whip out a calculator and work it out for yourself.

Also, as diesel is more expensive than petrol, you'll get less gallons of diesel for £20 than you would petrol.

And cold weather has an affect on diesel fuel consumption too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

but you should see a higher average to that... I do 400 to 500 mpg on half a tank and I have a less refined 2.0 dti....

That all said what I told you to do is just nuts and bolts... with the howtodo on this forum you will be just fine taking the parts off and a jet wash is easy....

A terraclean is the most effective of the two as they do it for longer and I have experienced it first hand.... this was on my mates Audi Quattro A6 2.5 tdi the car ran smoother and picked speed up faster than before at a lower rpm it also made him go further on a full tank of fuel.

But it is costly... he paid 120 pounds for the terraclean and the prices are still the same now with your car being 1900cc You can expect a quote of 90 pounds

8. Likes Grumpy1954 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C Facelift

Engine : Z18XER

Year : 2006

Mileage : 84000

Quote Originally Posted by northpole View Post
    but you should see a higher average to that... I do 400 to 500 mpg on half a tank and I have a less refined 2.0 dti....

That all said what I told you to do is just nuts and bolts... with the howtodo on this forum you will be just fine taking the parts off and a jet wash is easy....

A terraclean is the most effective of the two as they do it for longer and I have experienced it first hand.... this was on my mates Audi Quattro A6 2.5 tdi the car ran smoother and picked speed up faster than before at a lower rpm it also made him go further on a full tank of fuel.

But it is costly... he paid 120 pounds for the terraclean and the prices are still the same now with your car being 1900cc You can expect a quote of 90 pounds
    500mpg??!!! Holy sh..

10. Likes Matty2Fatty, Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Toyota Aygo

Trim : x-pression x-wave (nav)

Engine : 1.0 VVT-i

Year : 66

Mileage : 13400

Quote Originally Posted by BORNXenon View Post
    500mpg??!!! Holy sh..

Nothing that, I quite often get 999mpg. . . . . . when I lift off the throttle. . .

Alan

12. Likes Matty2Fatty, Grumpy1954, Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Seriously when I only do long trips and utilize the right foot instead of the cruise control 500 mpg cruising at 60 mph.... I found it is the speed that uses less fuel...I don't do it often though as it is grandpa driving no over taking and hanging behind lorries... But it can be done!

14. Likes Grumpy1954 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Ford Kuga

Trim : Titanium

Engine : 2.0dtci

Year : 2014

Mileage : 1200

At roughly 30 miles a day, assume 15 miles each way, borderline whether it's enough to show much difference, even with a clean air and fuel filter. The car should be fully warm over those distances, but you don't get great mpg over relatively short distances. if your prices are similar you'll be getting, for £20, diesel, 14.5 litres (a hair over 3 gallons) and petrol 17.5 litres, ( a hair under 4 gallons). 120 miles from 3 gallons is 40mpg which would be fair for diesel over those distances.

16. Likes Big Dave, Brady liked this post
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information