Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : vectra C sri estate auto+ hatchback auto x 2

Trim : est sri auto hatch design auto x 2

Engine : 1.9 cdti 150 x 3

Year : 08/07

Quote Originally Posted by northpole View Post
    Lol eco max is expensive and comma diesel.magic does the exact same thing.... It also ups the cetane number with 4 points...

So for less you get more of a similar product that is a more aggressive cleaner.... I know what I would buy.... but it has to be said Millers has a better reputation than comma diesel magic... mostly because comma diesel magic is less known...
    The comma diesel magic and the millers ecomax one shot are single use if one is cheaper than the other and then if they are of comparible quality then save your money and use the cheaper one. The Millers eco-max diesel addative you use at every fill as i said it costs around £13 for a 1/2 lt bottle this treats 500 lts of fuel this then works out at around 2 1/2 p per litre of fuel. This gives you 4 cetane more added to the cheapest fuel you can buy and a cleaning addative. If you want to put BP and shell advanced fuel you will be paying a extra 10p to 15p per litre for the privalidge. The BP and shell advanced fuels will make your diesel run better i will vouch for that. I donot work for anyone millers,bp or shell or anyone else for that matter other than 2 relatives who i look after there vectras. I just know what i have found by using the millers and bp,shell products.

2. Thanks G16RYO thanked for this post
    Likes northpole liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C Saloon( sadly died at age 20 due to a hart attack)

Trim : SXI limited edition

Engine : 2.0 16v DTI

Year : 2003

Mileage : 140000

Quote Originally Posted by autov View Post
    The comma diesel magic and the millers ecomax one shot are single use if one is cheaper than the other and then if they are of comparible quality then save your money and use the cheaper one. The Millers eco-max diesel addative you use at every fill as i said it costs around £13 for a 1/2 lt bottle this treats 500 lts of fuel this then works out at around 2 1/2 p per litre of fuel. This gives you 4 cetane more added to the cheapest fuel you can buy and a cleaning addative. If you want to put BP and shell advanced fuel you will be paying a extra 10p to 15p per litre for the privalidge. The BP and shell advanced fuels will make your diesel run better i will vouch for that. I donot work for anyone millers,bp or shell or anyone else for that matter other than 2 relatives who i look after there vectras. I just know what i have found by using the millers and bp,shell products.
    I think you need to lookup the specifications of both and you'll realize comma diesel magic gives you more for less money... Does the same cleaning and isn't a one shot product(one bottle carries more than enough to treat 800 liters of fuel)... it can be used like a one shot but it's based on cleaning the fuel system unlike the Millers one shot that is based on adding easier burn to the fuel thus giving you more MPG... Comma diesel magic removes bacteria/ water/ varnish / carbon / soot and other contaminates from the fuel system including adding lubrication to the moving parts as well as upping the cetane number by 4 points... the fact that it also has the cetane improver so gives you the added bonus of more MPG from easier burning fuel

I don't work for Millers or Comma either I'm just like you someone who used both products and found out that the comma product is better value for money... I have used it in a range of different car brands (all diesel) that needed cleaning with good results... mind you I'm the type to take the intake and it's related parts off and clean them out before adding the cleaner. I also use the 100%-3-2-1 method to make sure the fuel system gets the best clean the additive is capable off in a short period of time... PS the 100% is when you fill up the filter housing with the additive to give the injectors a shock clean
    Last edited by northpole; 28th March 2018 at 08:30.

4. Thanks G16RYO thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : vectra C sri estate auto+ hatchback auto x 2

Trim : est sri auto hatch design auto x 2

Engine : 1.9 cdti 150 x 3

Year : 08/07

I'm all for saving money ,i do see that comma diesel magic is cheaper even as a 400ml compared to either millers ecomax one shot or there addative at 500ml, but i can only see it on commas web site as a one shot product there is no mention of anything else even in there technical sheet. If you can buy a comma 400ml bottle and it will treat 800lts how do you measure it out as the bottle appears to have no means of measuring it out. The millers has and is easy to dispence at the filling station. I'll buy the comma if it doe's the same job or possibly better and is cheaper.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra c

Trim : SRi

Engine : 1.9cdti

Year : 2007

Both the products sound great and i will be using one of them to see cant do any worse than what it is at just now can only clean more than what has been cleaned i have only had the car 2 month now but i am abit of a dummy when it comes to things like this i will end up adding 2 much or not enough or something lol can you break it down for dummies lol sorry mate. Hope you can help say run my tank till nearly empty then go to shell half full my tank and how much of this stuff? Then run it till say quarter tank left and add more? Am not to sure how it works? Sorry for sounds stupid mate and also replace fuel filter and fill that up before fitting also? And think i will use comma diesel magic? Have you got a link to the stuff please so a dont buy the wrong thing lol ? Thanks all for help!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

The way that ad has put it on direction off use....

Pour entire contents into fuel tank prior to refuelling. Placement of Diesel Magic directly into the fuel filter is notrecommended

So what i fill the full tank then poor the full lot of this stuff in the tank with fuel and dont put any on my fuel filter?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by autov View Post
    I'm all for saving money ,i do see that comma diesel magic is cheaper even as a 400ml compared to either millers ecomax one shot or there addative at 500ml, but i can only see it on commas web site as a one shot product there is no mention of anything else even in there technical sheet. If you can buy a comma 400ml bottle and it will treat 800lts how do you measure it out as the bottle appears to have no means of measuring it out. The millers has and is easy to dispence at the filling station. I'll buy the comma if it doe's the same job or possibly better and is cheaper.
    I use another bottle that has the measurements on it... but it's easy
    Full bottle on full tank = 2:1

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by G16RYO View Post
    The way that ad has put it on direction off use....

Pour entire contents into fuel tank prior to refuelling. Placement of Diesel Magic directly into the fuel filter is notrecommended

So what i fill the full tank then poor the full lot of this stuff in the tank with fuel and dont put any on my fuel filter?

That is what they say... if you use the old filter..... if you are replacing it (highly recommend doing so as the products remove dirt from the tank) just top up the new filter with it. . It will start cleaning the injectors way faster.... I did write down how I use it anyway so just re-read my answers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

@northpole thanks bud i will do that i will get fuel filter changed ad alittle in the before fitting then brim the tank And ad the full 400ml of this bottle and see what it does run the tank till its just about empty then brim again with shell v power and see how i go thanks buddy

11. Likes northpole liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

This has been interesting reading as my Signum CDTi only gets 42 to the gallon no matter what I do.

I shall all try some of the things mentioned here.

Thank you.

13. Likes northpole liked this post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information