Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra c

Trim : SRi

Engine : 1.9cdti

Year : 2007

Wink Gary’s flame red xp vectra

Hi there well i have been on the site for abgood while now and i have never done one of these so thought its about till i tryed it out. I will keep it updated on things i do along the way, First off i have had a few vectras and also a signum over the years. So after all the vectras i have had a seem to feel like this is the vectra i have been waiting for... abit about the cars history I bought it about 2 weeks ago (27-01-18) its a 1.9cdti 150bhp its a 56 plate flame red xp1 is abit rough round the edges but over time hoping to get it how i want it to look. Its done 155.000 miles with full service history clutch and duel mass flywheel was done at 141.000 and timing was done same time with proof and receipts and also for alot of things done over the time the car has had one owner from new i am the second owner. The first owner had got a car on finance and left this parked up for just over 9 month after mot run out, i never seen the car for sale. How i came about it as i seen it parked up for months about a 10 min drive from me in a drive and had never seen it move i dive past it every other day and it always caught my eye anyway i thought one day few weeks back to knock on the door and on the off chance see what the owner was doing with it and as it happened he was thinking of selling so came to a agreement and bought it it needed a new windscreen had a big crack right across it as while it was parked all the bad weather we had recently something had fallen off the roof and hit it and it had no mot and body was abit rough so after getting it home it started the next day trying to get it on the road.
    in the last 2 weeks its had.....

how it looked when i got it home.

then the work began.....

new windscreen fitted,

then it started to get things ready for its mot. After taking it to my mates garage found out it only needed wheel baring 2 tyres new wiper blades and a brake light bulb so now its mot’d and added a set of sri wheels i had at the house to get rid of the steel wheels and the bauld tyres for its mot i added a set of aero blades I have also replaced the cd30 head unit for a cd70 nav with coloured screen display and a set of hid’s gave it a good wash... this is it now

still to do i have a full set of heko wind deflectors to go on and also a set of signum chrome fog surrounds and a set of them leg reg plate light units instead of just the bulbs i have also bought myself a new private plate that will be going on it soon as i get the v5 through in my name to get it send off again for my newbplate to go on so will get that all fitted soon and a wee picture taking its also booked into the body shop for the 22nd of this month to get all the front end resprayed and also front vgrill colour coded along with boot strip colour coded along with other little bits painted like rear wheel arches little bits tided up i have a set of eyebrows there also that i will send off to body shop to get painted at the same time so over all in the last few weeks its been coming along nicely in a few month should look lots better and i will be on the lookout for a set of snowflakes also but wanting a set of 18inch ones not the 19s anyway seem like i have just went on and on as i said my first time doing this so dont be to harsh lol thanks

2. Likes Dog_Book, pattz123, dmcn, GSiFan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Monaro

Trim : VXR

Engine : 6.0 LS2

Year : 2006

Great read mate, really nice to see one being rescued and restored back to a former glory. I’ll keep a close eye on this one specially as it’s flame red too. All the best fixing her up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by RichM View Post
    Great read mate, really nice to see one being rescued and restored back to a former glory. I’ll keep a close eye on this one specially as it’s flame red too. All the best fixing her up.
    Thanks mate thought i would give it ago at one of them i will keep it updated as it goes as best i can haha cant wait to get my plate on it now and get it to the paint shop and yes mate red xp dont see many near me i only know of one more and its a mates who is also on this page @RBH who has a stunning red xp also so when i seen it sitting for so long and not moving i had to go and see what he was doing with it glad i did in the end so hoping all goes to plan now

5. Likes RichM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : Sri Xp

Engine : 1.8

Year : 2008

Its not rbhs red xp mate its mine. Its being broke lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Trim : VXR

Engine : 2.8 V6 turbo

Mileage : 44,000

Defo the best colour mate and well done for rescuing her

8. Likes G16RYO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Skoda

Trim : Fabia

Engine : 1.9

Looking good mate. Big improvements already!

Look forward to your updates. This will run alongside my own recent purchase diary.

10. Likes G16RYO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by weerab1.8 View Post
    Its not rbhs red xp mate its mine. Its being broke lol
    i seen him in it a few weeks back he hasent sold it already has he?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Trim : Sri Xp

Engine : 1.8

Year : 2008

It was me u seen in it. Rbh is my dad

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by weerab1.8 View Post
    It was me u seen in it. Rbh is my dad
    Haha i thought that was your name on this haha so thats ur dads name on this cool. And why u breaking it? Mate looked great.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Well while the rain had been off and it was dry most of the day I decided to fit the new bumper i bought instead of getting my own one resprayed i got the opportunity to get another genuine XP1 front bumper in the same colour as my car thanks to @weerab1.8 cheers mate so decided since it was dry today to fit it i also fitted my new red side repeaters and also new front elec window swithes, while i had old bumper off i took my Vgrill off it and left it off new bumper as i will be colour coding it so fitted new bumper and took my signum fogs that I bought few days back off old bumper and fitted them to new bumper and must say looks 10 times better now just need to get grill painted and fitted again anyway here is some pictures.

Last edited by G16RYO; 13th February 2018 at 20:10.

15. Thanks Angel1368 thanked for this post
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information