0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : vectra c

Trim : exclusive

Engine : 1.8 VVT

Year : 2006

Update -Managed to seal the Aerial today was a bit fiddly as i could not remove the rear wash hose (any tips how this comes out of the base for future reference ? ) Did not force it in case it split but would not come apart so had to seal it all while still on car .Radio does not work it comes on but crackles even after trying to tune in but it did this before i even got to work on the interior and Aerial .Was working last week but think the water might have got inside the Aerial as it was wet through.

Next job is to do side quarter windows while i have trim out even though they don't seem to be leaking .Do you need to replace the plastic nuts or are they reusable on the window? Will be doing it when i have a bit more time and weather permits.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : 1.8vvt

Trim : SRi

Engine : 1.8xer

Year : 2008

Mileage : 20,000

Unplug the blue connector that sits under the headliner,thats the aerial cable connector and see what condition its in,may want a squirt of wd40 to remove any water and condensation-------Dave

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Sealed the aerial and it seems to have stopped the leak from there only trouble is there is still some water getting in from somewhere. I have taken some more pics where i think it is coming from.Looks like it comes in on passenger rear where i have arrowed it number 1.Then it runs down and comes out at number 2 in other pic.You can then see where is runs number 3 and pools at the bottom number 4.Anyone have an idea where this could be coming from,got a smaller amount on the rear drivers side in a similar place as well
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by automan; 11th February 2018 at 15:48.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : 1.8vvt

Trim : SRi

Engine : 1.8xer

Mileage : 20,000

the seals around the quarter lights that's are just above the area are known to leak,you might want to remove the quarter lights and reseal them with some clear silicone---seems you have got the boot trim stripped out anyway------Dave

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Skoda

Trim : Fabia

Engine : 1.9

I've been reading lots of threads on this subject as my Vectra suffers from the same issue. I'm almost convinced that the clips which hold the external roof strips in place are the culprit.

I removed the strips today and the clips were practically rattling about. The rubber seals have deteriorated over the years and no longer form a seal where the rivet enters the roof. If I was you I'd take a look at those. The pics you posted show similar marks to where I have them. I think the water runs down the pillar and then drips off onto the boot floor.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Trim : sri

Engine : 1800 vvt

Year : 2007

Quote Originally Posted by dmcn View Post
    I've been reading lots of threads on this subject as my Vectra suffers from the same issue. I'm almost convinced that the clips which hold the external roof strips in place are the culprit.

I removed the strips today and the clips were practically rattling about. The rubber seals have deteriorated over the years and no longer form a seal where the rivet enters the roof. If I was you I'd take a look at those. The pics you posted show similar marks to where I have them. I think the water runs down the pillar and then drips off onto the boot floor.
    you've hit the nail on the head..on my vec hatch (god rest her soul) I drilled the rivets out throughly cleaned up the area... sat each bracket on a bed of silicon sealer then fastened down with stainless steel self tapers wiped excess sealer away,job done

7. Likes dmcn liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by dmcn View Post

Thanks will take a look .Do the rails just clip off ? is it possible to put silicon sealant round the clips and rivets rather than drilling them out? Also noticed the rubber seal on the very corners at the bottom facing towards the boot on my rear quarter windows lifts up a little .Have put some sealant in for now as weather been crap so have not removed rear quarter windows yet to fully seal round but will be doing when weather permits then i'll look at roof rails after this.
    Last edited by automan; 12th February 2018 at 16:19.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by dave1419 View Post
    the seals around the quarter lights that's are just above the area are known to leak,you might want to remove the quarter lights and reseal them with some clear silicone---seems you have got the boot trim stripped out anyway------Dave
    Cheers Dave but i think my issue is further up as lights look dry round that area but i will seal them as well to be safe when weather permits.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Skoda

Trim : Fabia

Engine : 1.9

Quote Originally Posted by automan View Post
    Thanks will take a look .Do the rails just clip off ? is it possible to put silicon sealant round the clips and rivets rather than drilling them out? Also noticed the rubber seal on the very corners at the bottom facing towards the boot on my rear quarter windows lifts up a little .Have put some sealant in for now as weather been crap so have not removed rear quarter windows yet to fully seal round but will be doing when weather permits then i'll look at roof rails after this.
    Well, the way I see it, you've got a couple of options.

1. Do as you suggest and seal round the clips and rivets. Might work, but might not. Also, the sealant might cause little pools to form when water gathers between the sealed clips. The sealant might act like little dams.

2. Drill out the rivets and replace. Either with new rivets or small self-tappers. Also with the use of some sealant.

3. Get rid of the clips all together (Maybe just the back ones) and seal the holes with sealant. Then stick down the rails with some mastic or sikaflex. You shouldn't need access again. Bit extreme but will guarantee no water getting in.

Also, the metal clips which are used to secure any roof rack may also be worth sealing round.

Hope that helps.

11. Thanks automan thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra c 1.9cdti

Trim : Elite

Engine : Cdti

Will have to watch out for this when the heavy rain starts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information