0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : GSI

Engine : 3.2 V6

Year : 2003

Mileage : 104k

Default Kerry B's GSI

Love Vauxhalls, so when my 1972 Victor FE had problems I needed a Vauxhall daily driver while it was off the road. As luck would have it advertised locally was a 2003 Vectra GSI, priced at £800 ono, I contacted the seller, told £700 cash would seal the deal, so after 2 bus journeys and a ferry trip along with a visit to the bank to get the cash, I was finally in front of a lovely looking GSI. I spoke to the lovely lady owner and I had a good look over the car, lifted the bonnet, engine was warm ( yikes ) was told battery had been flat as it had been sat since October, ok I can accept that, then I opened the oil filler cap 😱 there was about an inch of horrible Mayo hanging off of the cap, to say that my heart sank was an understatement. Now I've always been told that Mayo is a bad sign, I really didn't want to be getting into engine problems, especially on a car that I didn't know and that I was about to spend £700 on !
    I thought that if it lasted long enough while I got my Victor sorted ( dead starter motor and a split in the join of the petrol tank ! ) then I could just sell it on again, it has mot until end September 2018 but I needed a better deal just in case it went pop on the way home !
    So there I was still umming and arhing when the seller said that as I obviously liked Vauxhalls ( I was wearing a Vauxhall coat ) and we had spoken about my other Vauxhalls and I was not likely to wrap it around a lamp post ( not a lot of hedges or trees up here !) that she would accept £100 for it !!!!!
    Would you believe I still had to consider the fact that the Mayo was a problem but eventually paid the money.
    All this was happening between 11:30 and 12:30, I had to make my mind up before my insurance was due to start at 12:30.
    So I slowly drive the GSI away, I was told to watch the brakes as it had been sat for so long, I was expecting some resistance so I gently applied the brake while driving to clear the surface rust and they worked fine.
    After doing some shopping and driving home I checked out this forum, first search Mayo........not a problem as long as there is no oil in the water.........yippee.
    So now I am the proud owner of a 2003 Vectra GSI 3.2 V6, thankfully the money that I saved will go to getting a full service and belt change, last record of it being done is 2008 at 79k.

2. Likes Grumpy1954 liked this post
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Kerry B's GSI

Pics taken after I had given it a quick clean and then it started snowing !
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. Likes northpole, RBH, Grumpy1954 liked this post
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C

Trim : SXI limited edition

Engine : 2.0 16v DTI

Mileage : 140000

that is a nice car mate Welcome to the club!

6. Likes KerryB liked this post
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Kerry B's GSI

So problems that I have found so far.

Boot warning light comes on, i tried to push the lower catch down and tighten up the bolts, but no difference, it still lifts slightly even when it is closed and locked, further investigation required.

Passenger window switch not working, window does go up and down with drivers switch so that is on the to do list.

Fuel filler flap broken, at some point the inner catch has been broken so the locking pin goes into a "C" and not an "O", will replace filler flap.

Both headlights have condensation inside, drivers is much worse, both have had holes drilled into the front inner corner. I have dried them out but both gradually get more water inside them. Priced up a new pair at local Vauxhall dealer £200 each plus vat !

Parcel shelf clips missing, ordered a pair of genuine ones from eBay for £4.95 delivered, now fitted.

Rear badges missing and Hyundia GSI badge fitted, will order original badges and remove none original GSI badge.

Rear seat has a hole in the bottom drivers side fabric panel, looks like a child seat was in place maybe and has worn out the fabric, on the hunt for replacement seat.

Drivers seat has usual wear to bolster, hopefully a tint and recondition will bring this back good again.

Rear window tint is scratched and holed in a few places so that will be removed.

Battery is a tiny 55ah, battery blanket is in the boot pocket, will replace battery with correct 65ah one.

Missing the warning triangle and the first aid kit, if anyone has pictures or codes for the correct ones they will be very much appreciated as I have seen too many variations that all say they are for the Vectra C.

Rear REG lights stay on when I lock the car, only stay on for about 10 mins but annoying all the same, I believe that this is due to the car thinking that the boot is still open so I am hoping it will fix when I fix the boot lock.

I can't seem to get the interior lights to come on when I open the door, they are either on or off, I have set it as described in the owners manual but it still doesn't work, is there a secret fix to this I am wondering 🤔

I think that is everything for now, but I am sure I will find things as I go, still very happy with her though.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Kerry B's GSI

Silly I know but these were missing and they were only £4.95 for the pair off of ebay so a quick cheap fix really and they stop the parcel shelf from moving.
    Attached Images Attached Images

9. Likes Dog_Book, Grumpy1954 liked this post
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : 2004 sxi

Engine : 1.8

£100 ! its worth more in parts! thats a pretty good deal tbf

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra GSi 3.2 V6

Trim : GSi

Engine : Z32SE

Mileage : 221,007

£100? Lucky bar steward! You stole it!

Welcome to the forum and what a great purchase! I have been falling in love with mine for 11 1/2 years now. I have modified mine but I totally understand why someone would want it to be factory correct.

The "mayo" under the oil filler cap is not unusual. I tend to clear mine out whenever I check the oil, which is weekly at the moment because mine has leaks. I will get them sorted when the Spring comes, hopefully. Just keep it clean in there and scoop out the gunge using blue hand towel - carefully, so as not to lose any tissue inside the engine. Then keep an eye on it.

Mine has 216,700 or so miles on it, of which I have driven all but the first 42,000 miles. I really like the car. It is very comfortable, sounds glorious through my relatively subtle Powerflow exhaust and pulls like a train, especially as the engine comes on cam at about 2,500 revs/min! Mine is polyurethane bushed throughout and runs on Bilstein B6 dampers and Eibach springs. The handling is fantastic for such a big, heavy old bus!

I'll stop blathering and let you talk about your own car. Enjoy it!

Paul
    2003 Vauxhall Vectra GSi 3.2 V6

12. Likes KerryB, Dog_Book liked this post
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

100 pounds... bring that car down to me don't fix it i'll give you the same money so you can go find another one lol!

14. Likes KerryB liked this post
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I even made sure I got a receipt so I knew I hadn't misheard her and I knew people wouldn't believe me !!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Dude I believe you I saved mine from going to the scrappy but paid more (not much to be fair)for it and it is a 2.0 dti... mine is a saloon and that is why I saved it not much of them are still running around.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information