User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vectra CDTi 150 or Mondeo 2.2 TDCi ST?

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Vectra CDTi 150 or Mondeo 2.2 TDCi ST?

Hi All

Just after some opinions and/or experience, which is better a 56 plate Vectra 1.9 CDTi 16v [150] or a 56 plate Mondeo 2.2 TDCi ST? Comparing the best deals available and the colours I like the Mondeo is £2650 more expensive than the Vectra, is the Mondeo worth it, I know it has a higher specification and a little more power?

I have only owned/driven a 2004 Vectra and not the facelift which I am told drives a little better, I have driven the basic 2.0 litre Mondeo diesel in Ghia specification and it drove a little better than the 2004 Vectra, sharper steering and much much nicer gear change. Has anyone driven both Vectra C models and found the facelift better and also has anyone driven the Mondeo diesel ST?

I like the look of the Mondeo in performance blue more than the Vectra but is it worth the extra £2650? What do you guys think?

Ex Vec-C Admin & Founder Bainie's Avatar
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I considered a mondeo st when I got the vxr, looked at both the tdci and the v6 versions. In my opinion the tdci version isn`t as good as the v6, the tdci does not seem to have the same toys in it. I thought about a tdci because there are some cracking deals out there, looking around Aberdeen the mondeo was a lot cheaper than the vectra sri . In the end I didn`t go for the ford for 2 reasons, 1. the wife hated it (that is a hardy to overcome *lol*) 2. the interior is very dated, outside they look mean, especially in performance blue, but the interior lets it down .

The V6 I looked at was very nice, full red leather interior, sat nav etc ... delivery mileage for 17k !!!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

The 2.2 TDCi Engine in the Mondeo is a cracker. Smooth, powerfull and very torquey. Only thing in my experience, it drinks like a fish.

Also, the Mondeo is being changed in the next few weeks. If the £2650 is an issue now, think what it will be in a few weeks. I think the current Mondeo will age very suddenly, it already looks too old.

End of ther day it's your choice, but having looked at one myself in the last few weeks, I decided I'm staying with the Vectra for the time being.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Andrew SRI I have read here and there that they are a little more thirsty than the Vectra, how much by, what did you find a realistic figure to be?

I have to agree that the interior is a little bit of a let down, I have often heard Mondeo owners saying that the Vectra is too plasticy and yet to be honest I find the Mondeo to have a much cheaper looking more plastic interior. It is the outside of the car that attracts me, I prefer the interior of the Vectra.

How about driving comparrisons between the Vectra C and facelift model, is it noticeably different, is the gearbox better and how is the steering?

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

If you can afford the extra £2650, have a look at the vec V6 CDTi. They are not a lot more than the 1.9 to buy and the £2650 will pay for a lot of extra fuel & road tax! Plus the V6 will blow away a 2.2st mondeo. I know cos I've done it :-)

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

When I was using it last year, it was the height of summer, so the air con was on full tilt, plus it was an estate and it had less than 3000 miles on the clock.

However, I struggled to better 35 to the gallon, whereas my broken 2.2 would still give around 41-43. This is mainly motorway, on cruise.

As a result of this I would personally discount it. But like I say, it has to be your choice.

But a 3.0 would give smilar returns to the 2.2, but sound nicer and pull even stronger!!!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

i have driven the mondeo and was impressed by the performance and the gearchange but thought for a sport saloon i did'nt feel it handled or stopped as well as the vectra ! only my opinion though !

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Must admit edging back towards the Vectra, the economy sounds a little poor, I consider less then 40 MPG poor for a modern diesel.

On a related note I would like a better standard stereo than the CD30, does the CD70 that comes with the SAT NAV systems sound better than the CD30, I prefer to use MP3 and would like a little more volume than the CD30 likes to provide? No interest in the SAT NAV but it is only £500 more to get one with it fitted and if the stereo is better worthwhile?

Ex Vec-C Admin & Founder Bainie's Avatar
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I think the cd is better quality than the cd30, and the mp3 capability is great,(you can also get a cd30 mp3 as fitted in the astra vxr) 12 albums on a disk and it lists them in the colour screen to choose from. BUT the sat nav on the V6 St220 I looked at was a lot more modern looking than the vx unit, it had a huge double din screen on it.

The CD70 coupled with the bluetooth kit is great as well, the person calling comes up on the screen as well as you phone book etc, then you also get voice activated calling ..

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I know which I prefer:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast