Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : vectra 2007

Trim : sri

Engine : z18xer

Year : 2007

Quote Originally Posted by andyrfc View Post
    Going to need to do mine soon, how does the wiring trough come off as I dont want to break it
    The one on the RH side of the engine? it just pulls up & unclips. The flex conduit at the Cambelt end pulls up, though mine was somewhat disintegrating - so I later obtained a replacement length from Ebay, I could not find it on sale at all locally!
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Black-Spir...53.m2749.l2649 its the 10.1 mm size.

You will need to unplug some sensors & the breather pipe hidden at the back, don't lose it's clip. My ace chap: Ian from Feltwell did the job, with me assisting - about 30 mins.
    Any further questions, just ask!

2. Thanks Pomeo thanked for this post
    Likes andyrfc liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : Exclusive

Engine : Z18XER

Default Well Bonded Bolt just at OSF of rocker cover

Did this rocker cover gasket today. It took a lot longer than expected as the bolt near the solenoid sheared and the rocker cover was well bonded on. Managed to split it and get it off . I guess sods law as all the rest came out easily. I suppose 13 years + I shouldn't be surprised. Thanks for the link to the flex conduit.
    Note to self .Get some hermetite or equivalent as its not easy trying to locate with the seized stud still in position. I suppose even with that out too its not easy without something holding the gasket in situ.

I'll see how it holds up and reconsider my options when the time comes.
    Will need to do it again when doing the belts.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : Exclusive

Engine : Z18XER

Quote Originally Posted by Pomeo View Post
    Did this rocker cover gasket today. It took a lot longer than expected as the bolt near the solenoid sheared and the rocker cover was well bonded on. Managed to split it and get it off . I guess sods law as all the rest came out easily. I suppose 13 years + I shouldn't be surprised. Thanks for the link to the flex conduit.
    Note to self .Get some hermetite or equivalent as its not easy trying to locate with the seized stud still in position. I suppose even with that out too its not easy without something holding the gasket in situ.

I'll see how it holds up and reconsider my options when the time comes.
    Will need to do it again when doing the belts.
    Got a new rocker cover and gasket off ebay under £30 delivered . It even came with a new oil filler cap and all the screws and locating studs.

Had to drill the locater bush and old screw out as even with heat it wouldn't budge.

Problem now is after a few miles it struggles and real heat off of the cat .An awful lot more than normal. A real burning smell too.

Requires further investigating.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information