1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : 2007 Vectra

Trim : SRi XP T Saphirre Black

Engine : z20net

Year : 2007

Mileage : 80k

Default Finally Got Saphirre Black spot on:

Thought i'd share some experiences with restoring the paint on my 07 Saphirre black Vectra. Now i bought it with 65k and 3 previous owners, so there is some history i can never rectify without going for a full respray.

My solution for this now 10 year old car, over the 2 years and 20K ive owned it has been two stage!

1. Investing in a DAS6 DA polisher and spending a good few days going over it with Megs Ultimate compound, followed by Megs Ultimate Polish. This removed ALL swirls without needing anything more agressive.

2. I coated this in Megs Carnuba... and had a go at the Magic Fusso. To be fair, after this the car looked almost factory fresh... appart from the odd faint scratches.

3. Real world says this doesnt last... and not for want of any clever washing techniques.. this dusty world does not support a black car. I have now moved onto Poorboys blackhole. I know its a filler, but thats whats needed.. i use this with either their EX detail... or Dodo Juice Purple Haze.... I also Buff with the DA, on low setting with a soft microfibre head.

4. Up keep requires jet washing... drying with microfibre towls, and a good quick detailer.... lots of good mircofibre cloths always in stock.

The results are a soft to the touch paint, amazing deep black colouring, and a real sparkle in the sun... Who says Black can pop properly....
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Likes GSiFan, RBH, new boy, Dog_Book, watchman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra GSi 3.2 V6

Trim : GSi

Engine : Z32SE

Year : 2003

Mileage : 256,000

That is a fine looking Vectra!

Mine is the earlier sapphire black. I am hoping to get it partially resprayed at some point, funds permitting.

Paul

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra SRi

Trim : XP1

Engine : 1.9 CDTi 150

Mileage : 66000

I can't talk when it comes to black, but that looks a really good job and looks very nice indeed.

This is something I really need to do with mine, but I fear the time it would take will direct me to have someone else do it for me

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Trim : GSi

Engine : 3.2 V6

Mileage : 39k

That looks like the time & effort was well worth it, it looks very slick.

What have you got on your B-pillars, they look shiny?

I got a Das6Pro plus Meg's 105 & 205 plus all the other goodies to go with it last Christmas but it's pointless doing mine until the building work at the school opposite me finishes due to all the crap they're throwing in the air. The wait is cracking me up!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra Estate

Trim : VXR

Engine : Z28NET

I'll drop my black Touareg off at the weekend so you can go nuts with it Mike looking very nice.

I've just go no interest in detailing, don't get me wrong I love a clean car but spending hours using this that and the other on the body bores me. I much prefer getting messing on the mechanical and electric side keeping the car running sweet instead of spending my time getting rid of swirl marks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : 2007 Vectra

Trim : SRi XP T Saphirre Black

Engine : z20net

Mileage : 80k

Quote Originally Posted by GSiFan View Post
    That is a fine looking Vectra!

Mine is the earlier sapphire black. I am hoping to get it partially resprayed at some point, funds permitting.

Paul
    I thought about respray... but then i would have to be extra obsessive with the up keep.. i spend enough time as it is

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_BlackSRi View Post
    I can't talk when it comes to black, but that looks a really good job and looks very nice indeed.

This is something I really need to do with mine, but I fear the time it would take will direct me to have someone else do it for me
    I dont drive it daily.... or weekly tbh nowadays due to change in commute... so detailing is a long term project... gets me out of the madness of the house and i tinker on the drive...

Quote Originally Posted by AntB View Post
    That looks like the time & effort was well worth it, it looks very slick.

What have you got on your B-pillars, they look shiny?

I got a Das6Pro plus Meg's 105 & 205 plus all the other goodies to go with it last Christmas but it's pointless doing mine until the building work at the school opposite me finishes due to all the crap they're throwing in the air. The wait is cracking me up!
    B-Pillars are genuine VXR trims.... bit of sod to swap over, but really work with the black imo. I know what you mean about the dust. The beauty is.. when you finally do detail it... the dust will hose off when it settles on the shiney surface!

Quote Originally Posted by ST200 View Post
    I'll drop my black Touareg off at the weekend so you can go nuts with it Mike looking very nice.

I've just go no interest in detailing, don't get me wrong I love a clean car but spending hours using this that and the other on the body bores me. I much prefer getting messing on the mechanical and electric side keeping the car running sweet instead of spending my time getting rid of swirl marks.
    For some reason i had you down as a detailer also? What you cant see on my car is all the work underneath... nearly all running gear now refresh, alot spent on engine, mainly service.. its running sweet and with a stage 1 tune.... good fun too (now on 83k) . Ive also put alot int subtle external... including the AFL conversion.. bit of an epic that one!

Cheers fellas.... lovin it!
    Last edited by MCD; 9th August 2017 at 13:07.

8. Likes Dan_BlackSRi, Dog_Book, GSiFan, pattz123 liked this post

Thread Information