User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Foam

  1. #1
    Regular Member Neil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The pool
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default Foam

    Again whilst in Halfrauds making use of the 3 for 2 offer I purchased a Foam Lance for me Kartcher

    What is the best stuff to put in the bottle to make the foam/snow effect when washing. Used some dilluted megs shampoo today but was far to thick.

    On the detailing days you see the boys getting a real foam up. What is it they use??

  2. #2
    Regular Member blr123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Dundee, scotland
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Hi Neil,

    It's Super Snow Foam most use from Autobrite Direct.......I think it's about a ten or 11 quid for 5lts

    As for dilution....it depends how dirty....for my car it will be about half full then warm water added and away you go, for dirtier cars I just fill it up and away you go.........5lts will last for ages

    When using remember to spray onto the wheels, tyres and into the arches aswell

    Also, the Karcher Foam Bottle is what I use although I do have a Hoscoil Suds Blaster on it's way so I'll let you know with pics how that goes

    Bryan

  3. #3
    Regular Member Neil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The pool
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blr123 View Post
    Hi Neil,

    It's Super Snow Foam most use from Autobrite Direct.......I think it's about a ten or 11 quid for 5lts

    As for dilution....it depends how dirty....for my car it will be about half full then warm water added and away you go, for dirtier cars I just fill it up and away you go.........5lts will last for ages

    When using remember to spray onto the wheels, tyres and into the arches aswell

    Also, the Karcher Foam Bottle is what I use although I do have a Hoscoil Suds Blaster on it's way so I'll let you know with pics how that goes

    Bryan

    Thanks Bryan

    Will get some of that with week!!

    With the Karcher Bottle do you still need to dilute it or is it straight in and let the machine do the mix?

    Neil

  4. #4
    Ex Vec-C Admin Stevel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Chester
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Ordered 25 litres this afternoon

    Just wanna see the car covered in foam. If it helps cleaning that will be a bonus

  5. #5
    Regular Member Neil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The pool
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    25 ltrs - is that a lifetimes supply then - apparently 5ltrs will last ages!!

    I've just this minute ordered 10 ltrs and shed loads of the Blue Roll stuff as Mrs Neil is getting a bit p155ed off with me using the bounty for mopping things up with!! Gotta keep the peace

  6. #6
    Ex Vec-C Admin Stevel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Chester
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    25 ltrs - is that a lifetimes supply then - apparently 5ltrs will last ages!!

    I've just this minute ordered 10 ltrs and shed loads of the Blue Roll stuff as Mrs Neil is getting a bit p155ed off with me using the bounty for mopping things up with!! Gotta keep the peace
    oops might have gone bit over the top

    Might foam the house to use a bit up in that case.




    Last edited by Stevel; 29th April 2007 at 21:31.

  7. #7
    Regular Member blr123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Dundee, scotland
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Thanks Bryan

    Will get some of that with week!!

    With the Karcher Bottle do you still need to dilute it or is it straight in and let the machine do the mix?

    Neil
    LOL at Steve......nice one

    Neil it's put into the Karcher bottle un-diluted either half full then add warm water or just fill it to the top and that's it away you go.........oh and just incase try and resist the urge to foam the kids, the wife and anything else that moves.........I couldn't resisit what can I say...........but it was funny though never seen the wife run sooooooo fast in all her life

    Bryan

  8. #8
    Regular Member Neil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The pool
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Cheers again Bryan - I will try to resist - but it could be quite funny - Little one hasn't seen snow yet so could have some fun!!

  9. #9
    Regular Member MLC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    uk
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    I nearly bought some..but the postage was as much as the snowfoam.

  10. #10
    Regular Member blr123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Dundee, scotland
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MLC View Post
    I nearly bought some..but the postage was as much as the snowfoam.
    It shouldn't have been.......normally it's £4 upto 30kgs.

    Bryan

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Snow foam???
    By VectraElite 2.2DTi in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 22nd February 2011, 10:24
  2. foam lance :D
    By WKD-mcc in forum Detailing and Car Care Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 1st May 2009, 16:37
  3. Smow foam
    By ade0303 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10th January 2009, 19:40
  4. Foam lance help
    By EARLEY in forum Detailing and Car Care Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10th December 2008, 16:58

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •