User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  18
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Calling insignia owners: looking to buy, what features will I want?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Looking at my handbook it seems to suggest that a light will come on the dash which looks like a puff of smoke.

The book says "Illuminates or flashes yellow. Continue driving until the 'symbol' extinguises. If possible do not allow revs to drop below 2000 rpm"

Is this telling me that a normal regen is taking place or is it telling me to get my foot down before my engine packs in?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vauxhall Astra-J

Trim : Elite

Engine : 2.0 CDTi

Year : 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Exclusive BV View Post
    Is this telling me that a normal regen is taking place or is it telling me to get my foot down before my engine packs in?
    It's telling you this is the last resort. Do a full regen now or you'll have to drop it off at a garage to have a forced regen carried out. You have to drive it until the light goes out.

You don't get any visual dashboard warnings when a normal regen is carried out. Like I said earlier, Some people however have tapped into the heated rear window circuitry and fitted an LED on the dash to let them know. When a regen is being carried out, the heated window switches itself on.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    It's telling you this is the last resort. Do a full regen now or you'll have to drop it off at a garage to have a forced regen carried out. You have to drive it until the light goes out.

You don't get any visual dashboard warnings when a normal regen is carried out. Like I said earlier, Some people however have tapped into the heated rear window circuitry and fitted an LED on the dash to let them know. When a regen is being carried out, the heated window switches itself on.
    Is there any kind of guide to typical driving that avoids it?

For example, I would have typical daily milage of 20 miles or so, broken down into 2 or 3 journeys, but then at the weekend, I'll drive 70 miles in 2 stages on a motorway.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

A regen will happen when whenever the computer decides it's time to do it. Sometimes at the wrong moment, just when you've pulled up in a supermarket car park, or to get fuel.

You can miss one or two, but keep missing them or not letting a full regen to be carried out will put the light on.

My 2.0 CDTi Astra-J (same engine as the Insignia) usually carries out a regen anywhere between 350 to 500 miles. It takes roughly 9 miles to complete. I keep the fuel computer set to instantaneous consumption so I can see the sudden increase in fuel consumption when a regen is being carried out if I don't notice the deeper exhaust note and slightly lumpy running of the engine. I keep meaning to fit an LED.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    A regen will happen when whenever the computer decides it's time to do it. Sometimes at the wrong moment, just when you've pulled up in a supermarket car park, or to get fuel.

You can miss one or two, but keep missing them or not letting a full regen to be carried out will put the light on.

My 2.0 CDTi Astra-J (same engine as the Insignia) usually carries out a regen anywhere between 350 to 500 miles. It takes roughly 9 miles to complete. I keep the fuel computer set to instantaneous consumption so I can see the sudden increase in fuel consumption when a regen is being carried out if I don't notice the deeper exhaust note and slightly lumpy running of the engine. I keep meaning to fit an LED.
    This the LED to the rear heater?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Not as such. People have fitted a separate LED, which they've tapped into the door mirror circuit (as the door mirrors come on with the heated rear window).

The one on the dash button that indicates when you manually activate the rear heated window doesn't automatically come on when a regen is taking place.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Ah spot on will be doing that myself.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information