11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Signum

Trim : Design V6

Engine : z28net(l)

Year : 2006

Well rear seats are in, and the airbag light has gone off which means the damaged connection is fine . Thanks to @and181 for storing them and helping fit them.

Otter than that nothing else is changed, still git the fronts to fit along with the door cards with the rear blinds.

Will have to look at that one way valve again as car feels like its leaking( the suction noise has cone back along with the hard pedal after hard acceleration) so think it's flip the seal again, will whip it off tomorrow and check, gonna also fit a boost gauge to the car as would help see if uts got a vac leak or any other issues related to the vac system or boost. Got s fee old gauges laying around to test to see if they work then can see about plumbing then in.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

well the little aluminum valve failed once again and tbh was getting sick of opening it up to reseat the rubber diaphragm every few days so sourced a more OEM looking solution in a sealed plastic one, granted was the wrong size ever so slightly at 8mm over the 6mm of the factory pipework, but i'll make it fit

But thought I'd do a lil upgrade while it was off at the same time but fitting a boost gauge, sadly none of the gauges I had spare worked and the one that did was a digital gauge and well was missing the sensor for it, so found a gauge on line from a breakers for 4 quid, took a punt on it and well it arrived and powered up and wasted no time in getting it fitted( already had the vent adapter bought along with a reducing t piece( 6mm to 4mm t)).

only issue is never had any red vac pipe that would fit, but did have loads of yellow stuff from upgrading the vac lines in the vxr which would work perfect so used that instead, still needed fed through into the engine bay, but that wasn't really an issue as the previous owner had already cut a hole in the grommet for the wires that he ran through it.

Granted did have to squeeze the 8mm one way valve into the 6mm silicon pipe but least i know its tight

Did a test of the gauge before routing the pipes and wiring it all in( had tested it powered up already but obv couldn't test the vacuum feed of the gauge, and being a mechanical gauge doesn't need power to work )

Next thing was power, which was just going to use the spare plug under the ash tray for the light( which I don't have fitted) but when removing the glove box found a set of insulated female terminals which weren't plugged in along with other various plugs and things which I haven't got a clue what they are used for, but they were put in by the previous owner, but not to just throw caution to the wind, tested them with a multi-meter and low and behold they are ign live and feeding a 12v feed, so results, makes my life that little bit easier, so crimped a few spades on and plugged it in, and then set about the dash vent, and then fitted it all up.

All done

While under the bonnet, decided to swap the red vac hoses on the front to yellow to see what it would look like and thing yellow on black will be the theme for the signum, was going to go red on black, may have some red high lights, but who knows.

And yes may have noticed I've fitted a set of induction cones to the car, was initially just to see what they sounded like and well i do kinda like the induction noises you get from cones, and especially a v6 induction roar.

Got the looms from plasma sittin on the table waiting to be fitted, but finding decent weather of late to rip the front interior out is proving rather difficult, so that me have to be put back for a while, was hopping to do it this weekend but rain is on and off and not really wanting to risk it.

Did also though i'd finally fixed the cruise control the other day, got an other stalk, plugged it in, worked great for the first section of the journey till i had to break to come off at the next junction, upon re joining the next part of the motorway it came on and then immediately went straight back off and hasn't worked since, so back to the drawing board on that one, staring to think it may be down to tracking as I know its ever so slightly out so maybe picking up a slight variation in speed between the wheels, don;t think its cim related as the rest of the functions work as it should and is really intermittent, need to get the tracking sorted i know, but do plan on swapping the joms out( really not happy with them, maybe am expecting more after coming from a vxr with B8's and eibachs or the 156 with its eibachs and GTA shocks but still, the joms don't fill me with confidence in the slightest.

May have its first show in a few weeks so will have to tart it up for that( potentially taking it down for hull motor show if not will be attending trax in october)

3. Likes Dog_Book liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Induction noise from the cones

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Gonna keep this short, basically finally got the front seats wired in and working, they are certainly an upgrade to the cloth ones, and are a tad more comfortable which is a bonus.

May need to swap out the pretensioners on one if the seats as now got an airbag light, either that or I've disturbed the other plug which I broke when I fitted the rears last week.

Only been given a quick clean and still need a proper deep clean to bring them back up, but fairly happy with them.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

6. Likes pattz123, RBH, watchman, Dog_Book, GSiFan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

So had a go at fixing the cruise one last time, by cleaning the contacts inside the unit with contact cleaner but that still didn't work so one last ditch attempt to fix it meant ripping the column module apart to gain access to the inner workings of the cim unit.

The black bits are the bits am interested in as they are the stalk modules, whipped them off and the indicator one had a build up of crap under neath on the contacts so cleaned that up and while in there did the same for the wiper ones.

Did swap the wiper one for the indicators one as it sees less actual use. And then rebuilt the dash unit.

With the steering wheel back on was time to test it, and am glad to report that the car now finally has fully working cruise that works without fault, only issue I now have is the TC light has come on but putting that down to the steering angle sensor needing calibrated.

So popped through to @and181's to drop somethings off and pick stuff up and while there used opcom to reset the steering angle sensor and now have no more warning lights

So far have done around 70 odd miles and the cruise is still working which is somthijg it's never done.

Cruise does seem to help with the economy ever do slighty, managing a quite respectable 30 mpg on the way home.

8. Likes Dog_Book, pattz123, watchman, Matty2Fatty liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Well it made it too hull and back this weekend, it's first proper road trip and it managed it with ease.

Was a tad dirty when it got there but nothing a little BSD detailer and black hole couldn't fix.

Now I know what your thinking, how could I just use quick detailer and a glaze over the car , well the paintwork needs fully corrected for swirls and marks anyways so a few more isn't going to hurt.

The trip back up the road it was required to lug the show gear back home which it done with ease, granted it did Lower the rear even more than normal but still didn't rub or catch.

That's 2 proper gazebos( plus the 8 weights for them), 3 tables, flags and bases and the banner and frame plus all my stuff in the rear and still had room to spare.

Fuel consumption wasn't at all horrid either considering that it was fully loaded and still nerds the tracking sorted, sitting at 70-75 most of the way save a few avg speed sections and some stop start traffic it managed a fairly respectable 31-32 mpg which from a 2.8 v6 I don't think is all that bad.

Prob could push 400 miles from a tank, was sitting at 370 miles and was just above the red with the fuel light not even on yet.

10. Likes GSiFan, Dog_Book liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra GSi 3.2 V6

Trim : GSi

Engine : Z32SE

Year : 2003

Mileage : 256,000

That is a nice looking Signum!

Paul

12. Thanks bigdov thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Will apologise before hand as the next few updates is something Ive been meaning to post on here for a while but kept forgetting

04-09-2017

So I've had a slight issue with the coolant slowly draining away( takes a good few weeks before the light comes on) but the other morning coming home from work the light came on and on the uphill section of the m90 the car felt like it was misfiring or holding back( has been fine since) so naturally had to have a little dig around to see what was what, left it too cool down for a while.

Took the cap off and looked to have plenty of coolant, so started it up expecting the coolant to drop, and it never gave it a rev and the coolant started to bubble and rise, which started to worry me, but as the oil was still golden knew it wasn't the head gasket and put it down to either old coolant or contaminated coolant.

So weekend comes, cancelled plans I had in order to investigate the cars issues, so off with the bumper and had a poke around the engine bay and all the various water and air pipes in order to see what may be causing the Missfire and use of coolant expecting to find a wet patch somewhere or a split pipe, finding nothing decided to just drop the coolant and flush the system out with fresh water.

That's the coolant that came out, so not the best colour so thinking its probably overdue a change and possibly the leak has been it boiling off or the system not pressurising so swapped the old coolant cap over for a spare one I had off the vxr to rule that possibility out.

05-09-2017

Well turns out bleeding these cars are a pita either that or I've lost a hell of a lot of coolant since driving to work as the level light came back on, but car was still blowing warm air and wasn't overheating any so there's still coolant there, plus would explain why it barely took 5l of coolant when it has a capacity of 7l so guessing there's a few air bubbles that are working their way through the system as I drive it so the level is dropping, I'll give it a few days then see hopefully it levels off

20-09-2017

So coolant seems to have stabilised after fitting the black cap off the vxr( known good cap) still got the coolant level light on but that's down to either a faulty sensor or corrosion on the contacts.

Had to buy a replacement maf the other day as well as tye car went into limp and that was the cause, also had an almighty misfire as it went into limp but only on boost, and when scanning and clearing the code the maf code was always pending.

Have on order some new suspension goodies coming from Germany as had enough of the JOMs, hopefully they are hear before trax so can at least get the rears fitted to lift it up at the back.

The ole gal also has some new shoes in the form of some 18" merc AMG wheels, which are staggered with a 9j rear and Iirc 8j up front, but the trial fit went great, just need to get one welded( dropped off this morning) so sadly have to get a replacement tyre as tye one that was fitted to it was found to be misshapen when it was removed so had to be binned, so got a pirelle pzero( part worn at a 265mm rear on a 35 sidewall buying new wasn't an option this close to trax) enroute and should be here Friday.

The offset of the tyres just brings them flush with the body work, fronts may need some narrower tyres as they have the possibility of catching the body work on the wing. But will see what happens when they are eventually fitted, hopefully in time for trax.

23-09-2017

Well wheels all fitted and looks sweet.

24-09-2017

Well the wheel story ain't over yet, had to get them balanced, well 3 of them anyways as driving back from HQ there was a quite noticable wheel wobble especially above 60 mph so popped into my local tyre fitters and got them to have a look at them and get them balanced, first off they said the wheels have a slight buckle and that may be the source of the wobble so balancing may not have an effect, but after removing the wheels and putting it back on the machine they balanced up better and with all 3 done, hit the road again and needless to say no more vibration on normal speeds and then some .

Some more pics taken at home

25-09-2017

So was equally as board tonight and we'll the weather had kinda cleared, so decided to repair the pretensioners clip that I kinda broke when fitting the rear seats( picked up a decent connector from a local scrappies at the weekend)

So the offending artical

Had kinda left my terminal extraction tools elsewhere so as the clip was ****** anyways just carefully destroyed it using snips being careful not to damage the pins in the plug

Carefully replaced the pins noting which ones went where and then cliped it back into its little holder on the floor.

And the moment of truth, starting it up and hoping not to see the red light of the airbag failure and low and behold it is no more.

Unfortunately still got the coolant level warning light on the dash which I think is a fault tank sensor but since the sensor looks to be incorporated into the tank it means I need to source a new expansion tank for her along with the integral sensor

In other news tho, my new AC delco oil pressure switch arrived from the states, is a newer part number so hopefully it isn't as suseptical to the same issues the older switches are, still not looking forward to fitting it as access don't look easy, but I'll get it fixed sompoint in the future, plus only cost me 16 quid, granted there was a 10 quid postage charge but it's still cheaper than the 60 quid plus delivery I was quoted for the same part in the UK.

Think thats me back upto date with this, may be some bits ave missed but tried to date them as I had done them.

14. Likes Dog_Book liked this post
    Midlands - Vxr Owning Dick Dog_Book's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra Estate

Trim : VXR

Engine : Z28NEH

Year : 07

Haha same with mine, i think our 2 engines were built together expect mine got the different cams Mine is coming from the states about £27, according to tracking its almost here

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ACDELCO-OE-SERVICE-D1800C-Switch-Oil-Pressure-GM-12674782-GUARANTEED-ACDELCO/321126794793?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid =p2060353.m2749.l2649

I just presumed as the engine hadn't blown up its a faulty switch, did a oil change and flush to make sure.
    Vectra VXR estate 2007 Sapphire Black
    Teapot Tuned 255/300
    Eibachs B8's, fully loaded factory options

Tech2 & MDI diagnostics + SPS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Dog_Book View Post
    Haha same with mine, i think our 2 engines were built together expect mine got the different cams Mine is coming from the states about £27, according to tracking its almost here

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ACDELCO-OE-SERVICE-D1800C-Switch-Oil-Pressure-GM-12674782-GUARANTEED-ACDELCO/321126794793?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid =p2060353.m2749.l2649

I just presumed as the engine hadn't blown up its a faulty switch, did a oil change and flush to make sure.
    Lol same place I got mine from, ordered last Tuesday and arrived today after clearing customs.

Yeah, did trigger alarm bells when it first came up, but since it then turned off when the clutch was dipped or the toms dropped below 1500 assumed oik pressure was actually fine, plus is only came on when giving it some and after reading a few similar stories over on vxro kinda set my mind at ease till a read up on how much of a ***** it is to change .

Not sure if they actually have different cams, think it's just the later v6s that got the different cams, the earlier ones like those in the signum and early vxrs just differed from the map fitted, engines were identical in every other respect?

Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread Information