Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Signums

Trim : Elite / Exclusiv

Engine : 3.0 V6 CDTi / 2.2

Year : 2005

Mileage : 102000

Quote Originally Posted by bigdov View Post

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
    Some great work there. I'm having problems with my gear shift lever also. The movement is really vague and stiff and makes selecting the correct gear a challenge. I popped the cover off and noticed that the self centering spring on the yellow bush in your photo has slackened off so much it is next to useless. Do you know if the spring is replaceable? I can't find it on EPC, so suspect I'd need to replace the whole lever assembly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Signum

Trim : Design V6

Engine : z28net(l)

Year : 2006

Quote Originally Posted by GaryK220 View Post
    Some great work there. I'm having problems with my gear shift lever also. The movement is really vague and stiff and makes selecting the correct gear a challenge. I popped the cover off and noticed that the self centering spring on the yellow bush in your photo has slackened off so much it is next to useless. Do you know if the spring is replaceable? I can't find it on EPC, so suspect I'd need to replace the whole lever assembly.
    Couldn't tell you, suppose it should in theory be replaceable, but will just be finding a source for the springs, if vx sell them it will most likely be part of a kit and not a single part?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

So the lil snow we had at the weekend never really come to much up here, and well I'm now on holiday for the next week so decided to give the car a lil spring clean as the road salt has taken a liking to the black bodywork giving it a two tone grey look🤣

Starting with the wheels, which where sprayed with some sonax wheel cleaner and then rubbed with a wheel brush and small ISH detailing brush to get into all the books and crannies.

Before

During

After

Body work hadn't been attacked at this point just the wheels.

Nowy usual snow foam has turned to jelly or a conjealed mess so had to make some with some CG auto wash mixed into the bottle, did the trick, not as effective as proper foam but worked as a prewash before going over it with the two buckets.

Then came the proper hand wash with 2 buckets and then rinsed down with the pressure washer.

That's all I got done today, the plan is if the weather holds is to give the exterior atleast a good going over with tye DA to correct some of the flaws in the paint then apply some protection, not got a proper black wax yet so king if gloss will have to suffice, will see what I can pick up at the trade stands at TFS in a few week's.

4. Likes Matty2Fatty, GSiFan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Finally managed to get all the paneis a quick one stage correction using v36, glazed with poor Boyd black hole and then finally seajed with some Natty's blue ( had it from the vxr and have no other wax or sealant that can be easily machined on and my arms were dying at this point &#129315, wheels were sealed using poor boys wheel sealant, plastics and tyres shined up using CG trim stuff of which its name escapes me. Also gave the engine bay a lil tidy up.

Did have to modify the pipe into the coolant tank as it was still leaking ever so slightly so put some PTFE tape around the nipple on the tank to better seal it and hopfully that will be the end if that.

Won't say much more but will let the pictures do the talking.

6. Likes Matty2Fatty, GSiFan, Dog_Book liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

So another thing ticked of the list on the car this evening as i finally decided to fit the new x8r wiper push rods to try and cure the loose wiper arm which was attacking the scuttle panel every time it went on full speed, so armed with the wiper puller tool made at it, watched the lil video from x8r on how to replace it, looks simple enough, yeah wasn't that simple in reality

removed the bolts for the wiper arms, went to pull the drivers arm off and well it was well and truly seized on there, so much it needed extra leverage on the arm to get it to screw down and even after bending the arm it still wouln't budge, tried the passenger arm it it popped right up, so sprayed the drivers stub with some penetrating spray, left it to soak for a few minutes and tried again, and viola it finally gave in and released itself from teh spindle.

now tired to remove the scuttle panel, in the video it just lifted straight out, now obv they had already unclipped it from where ever it was clipped in, and i didn't want to risk damaging it trying to remove it or even damage the windscreen 2 months after getting it replaced , so wondered if i'll be able to get at the arms by just prying up the scuttle and i could, grab one of the old arms and it pretty much just pulled right off never even gave a fight, and the other arm was the same, that was the easy part, now had to find a way to press the new upgraded ones ontt the old ball joints, which I prop should have noticed did't give much room for a lot of tools to get in there, so settled on a set of small long nose mole grips which worked a treat, till i done cocked up and installed one of the arms upside down and it was hitting the metal frame of the wiper assembly, so had to try and pry it back off, which was no easy task as it was proper tight on there, but got it off, and on the right way and the other arm as well, tested they didn;t hit anything, and reinstalled the wipers making sure that they were clear of the scuttle and not impacting the window edge when in full operation and they don;e so all in all a job wel done, arms and hands are all cut to shreds thanks to the sharp edges on the scuttle panel frame but just glad i'll now be able to use the wipers at full speed without them slapping the scuttle or even having to worry of the linkages popping off when i really need them.

In hindsight or if anyone else attempts it, I would advice fully removing the wiper linkage assembly from the scuttle panel area as it would have made the job soo much easier and am just lucky I had access to a small set of long nose mole grips or else I would have been screwed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra GSi 3.2 V6

Trim : GSi

Engine : Z32SE

Year : 2003

Mileage : 256,000

The car is looking really spruce, bigdov.

Paul

9. Thanks bigdov thanked for this post
    Likes bigdov liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

well all going well will be picking up a view external bits and pieces for the car this weekend when am down south, all of which should transform the car just that little bit from the usual humdrum signum design to something a lil more sporty/ different

11. Likes Matty2Fatty, GSiFan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

well parts are mostly confirmed for collection this weekend , sadly only 3/4 of them will be fitted in time for Germany at the end of May as will need a few supporting bits done before its fitted else it would look off.

Checked all fluids this afternoon the coolant leak seems to have settled a bit now, still a slow trickle from the pipe but not as bad as it was, and engine doesn't appear to be burning any oil which is always a good sign, replaced the brake res cap as it was cracked on the upper rim, but all in all car is still running along nicely despite the engine on 164k miles now.

13. Likes Dog_Book, GSiFan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

So little 900 mile round road trip this weekend down to Northampton and back in the ole bus and she was fault less, at one point even nearly breaking into the 35 mpg bracket

But on the whole journey returned a pretty respectible 30 mpg which considering what it is is pretty darn decent.

While in the area did pick up a few parts as mentioned previously to change the look of the car slightly, so one trip to Bedford later and I now own a irmscher rear bumper/ splitter, granted needs a bit of work but as it's needing painted anyways fixing the damage from a a tow bar and the hole that's been peirced in the bumper is not an issue and did get it for a decent price.

On the way back up popped into Liverpool to pick up even more parts from a mate who returned his vec estate back to standard in the form if some pedals ( there is a foot rest to be bolted on but not got round to it yet) and some irmscher side skirts, but not got pics of them but again they will be going into the body shop next week with the splitter.

There was going to be a 3rd piece of external detail getting picked up from the same guy in Liverpool but it's currently in the body shop getting some work done to it as he was planning on doing osch in his estate so was getting his front bumper up to standard, now I know you may be thinking with all the irmscher goodies I've bought it would be alarm facelift irmscher front end? But you'd be wrong, it's actually a vectra vxr front end that is getting picked up and hopefully be with me before the car embarks on its little European road trip at the end of may.

There is one slight issue I need to get to the bottom of before Germany however, the car has developed a slight wheel wobble which gets worse under heavy braking, it's not there all the time and there's no feed back through the pedal so don't think it's brake related, my current thought is either a deformed tyre, a wheel weight has ****ed off or maybe the AMG wheels do have a slight buckle, but then again it's only started recently so thinking it's the tyres as one is getting low on the front and the other ones were part worns so I could get the wheels back on the car and get the ronals back on the vxr, will do some investigation into any possible cause when it clears up weather wise, did lift the front end up at the weekend to check for excessive play in the arm bushes and wheel bearing damage but couldn't find any and the wheels look straight enough :shrug:

But the vxrs hopefully going to be back on the road tomorrow so will be back to having 2 cars on the road again as I've seriously missed driving the lil Arden number.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Well got the cars wheels all checked out and not a single one shows any sign of a buckle, granted my method of checking is a tad on the crude side but it's works, basically all it consisted of was a piece of wood with a point held between 2 bricks, spin the wheel and if the wheel is straight the gap should stay uniform, and all 4 wheels were uniform.

Which requires me doing some more investigation as the most likely culprits are a wheel weight has fallen off or I've got a mishaped tyre, and considering I need new tyres on the front anyway, replacing them will also get balanced so kills 2 birds with one stone

While the car was in the air noticed a build up of black spot on the exhaust, and on closer inspection looks like one of the seams between 2 sections of pipe isnt properly sealed so got some exhaust gases leaking past so that will need fixing, but will give me a change to start the car up straight piped to see what it sounds like.

New pads have arrived for the rear of the car so just need to order disks so I can get the newly painted but still to be rebuilt calipers on the car.

Last update for today, got some new led reverse light bulbs and took 5 minutes to fit and they are a good improvement over stock even in daylight.

And the bulbs in question.

I am now tempted to swap out all the bulbs for these apart from the indicator as they are all tyecsabe bulb, just a tad expensive as it's around 40 quid for a full set.

Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread Information