Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Signum

Trim : Design V6

Engine : z28net(l)

Year : 2006

Quote Originally Posted by ST200 View Post
    Caliper colour works really well with a dirty black car, lol. It does really work
    It will get fully cleaned and properly machined in the Spring/ summer but pointless doing anything with it as it is, not that I get much chance as it's normally wet and miserable when am not working

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Well the time has come for the ronals to come back off the car as finally got some newish rubber for the amgs, didn't want to buy new as mentioned before one or more if the front wheels may have a buckle so didn't want to splash out spending 500 quid on rubber to then have to look for another set of wheels, but looks like the wheels are fine, took them to a different tyre place as the one I normally use won't fit part with tyres

Anyway, 45 quid for fitting and balancing later I have the tyres fitted, and should do me a few months anyways.

Replaced the plastic spigots that I used originally for stronger ( I hope) aluminium ones and coated the hub with copper skip to aid in removing the wheels at a later date as they were a pita with the plastic ones.

Wheels suit it more than the vxrs ronals and seem to fill the arches ever so slightly better, plus no need for spacers, on the front at least, could probably get away with a 5/10mm spacer on the rear just to bring them out slightly.

Still got to give it a proper clean and then fix the little issues it's got since hopfully the better weather is now approaching like getting the shirt shifter fitted, replacing the oil pressure switch along with the new and hopefully uncracked header tank for the coolant.

Still need to see about getting it mapped as well but ideally want to get the exhaust finished first with a full 3 inch system.

3. Likes new boy, Dog_Book, GSiFan liked this post
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Finally managed to get a semi decent clip of the exhaust sound, still not perfect and not sure what's causing the pulsing sounds when the car is basically idling, may have to look into that, thinking it may be the better your on its way out as it's coming from the camera itself, and seems to get worse as the video goes on( the video in this post is just a small snippet from the full video which was more a mixture of town driving and cruising but not all that exciting unless it was accelerating.

Still on the fence on getting rid of the factory back boxes for either smaller boxes but equal in length or just getting rid completely and going full 3" straight pipe, as part of me likes the rasp but the other part wants to hear more of a roar, and given how the gas flows with how the factory back boxes are set up I think that's what's giving me the rasp.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

So for the last few weeks my old parrot ck3200 has been playing up and working when it want's, and seen an add for a used mki9200 on Facebook, and would kill 2 birds with one stone as would give me proper Bluetooth audio for the car for streaming from the phone as well as fixing the ck3200(which turns out was just a loose connection on the control box thing)

Now if you haven't read some of this thread, behind the dash of my signum is a mass of wires from the previous owner, think it may have had a tracker or something similar as there 2 unused fakra connections back there along with multiple fuse holders but no idea what they are for or what they're even plugged into. So removed what I can if the old parrot look from the sot lead, and plugged in the new one for the mki, now it cane with 2 looms and the one loom which was fully plugged was odly missing the two power pins from the connector so salvaging the spare loom for some pins managed to make it work ( will prob get a replacement loom at a later date as it is quite pikey the way it's been done but it works).

Still got to run the new mic up to the roof console and fully remove all traces of the old ck3200 unit, but that can wait as will also have to deal with this or at least tidy it up a lil bit.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Skoda

Trim : Fabia

Engine : 1.9

That's a snakes wedding you've got there mate. Good luck sorting it all out.

7. Likes bigdov liked this post
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by dmcn View Post
    That's a snakes wedding you've got there mate. Good luck sorting it all out.
    Yeah not looking forward to it, dunno what I might find 🤣

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Still got to tidy the wiring for the mk9100 up, but also have to figure out a work around that allows the music to play via that but also allows the cd70 nav instructions to broadcast over it as ATM the mk9100 takes priority will have to fully test it up when testing the levels the cd70 acts as if it's been muted, maybe a task for my next day off.

Traction control switch has also arrived and will be fitted soon as I've found it to be a hindrance in the snow we've had if late as it's seems it's overly sensitive in the signum.

One last thing, may have splashed out on a not so needed performance mod, but I guess you only live once, so I've went and bought an insignia vxr turbo which should be here by the end of the week. Tbf 300 hp off a stage one map would have done me, but the vxr turbo would always be an upgrade option and we'll eBay is evil when your bored, so having a quick Google I could potentially be looking at 320-340 ish and around 500-550 ft/lb out of the ole girl which is more than enough to get it going along plus will get rid of the diesel power band the car has, may have to look into injectors as not sure if the current ones will be enough but we shall see.

10. Likes Dog_Book liked this post
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra Estate

Trim : VXR

Engine : Z28NET

Year : 2007

Lovely plans with the performance mods but to get the most out of the turbo/remap I'd advise you swap your injectors for Insignia VXR. Your next weak point will be the clutch as the stock LUK will only take up to 385lb/ft (from what I can find) so take a look at this kit from CG Motorsport if you want to try and maintain a stock clutch pedal feel click me with more power. Interesting read on clutches here.
    Last edited by ST200; 19th February 2018 at 16:51.
    My Vectra VXR estate on-going diary > click me if you dare

12. Likes Dog_Book liked this post
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by ST200 View Post
    Lovely plans with the performance mods but to get the most out of the turbo/remap I'd advise you swap your injectors for Insignia VXR. Your next weak point will be the clutch as the stock LUK will only take up to 385lb/ft (from what I can find) so take a look at this kit from CG Motorsport if you want to try and maintain a stock clutch pedal feel click me with more power. Interesting read on clutches here.
    Injectors are on the list as from some digging I've found from those that have fitted the siggy turbo they found the STD injectors where getting or at near full duty to keep up with the demand. Gonna ask around as siggy injector don't come up very often but they are bount to have an OEM supplier like Bosch or deka that will supply them to vx.

Clutch I knew about, and will be factored in as the clutch that's in the car feels as if it's near the end if it's life cycle not slipping yet but pedal feel is starting to go, but still takes the factory torque for now.

Still got a few bits and pieces to sort first before I even look into fitting the turbo, it was just too good a deal to let it slip on by and then be kicking myself in the future when it came time to buy it.

Midlands - Head case Organiser Dog_Book's Avatar
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra Estate

Trim : VXR

Engine : Z28NEH

Year : 07

Nice one, got a tuner lined up to map that lot in properly once done?
    Vectra VXR estate 2007 Sapphire Black
    Teapot Tuned 245/300
    Eibachs B8's, fully loaded factory options

https://www.vectra-c.com/forum/calendar.php

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread Information