11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Signum

Trim : Design V6

Engine : z28net(l)

Year : 2006

Well got the car tracked this morning and safe to say the rear was massively out which I kinda guessed given the "fun" drive I had on Friday where the rear end didn't feel connected to the road, well put it this way the rear toe was that far out that it didn't register on the machine till it was brought inline for the initial calibration.

But once that was sorted it the wheels were quickly pointing in the right direction, front was a few degrees out of toe which was a lil off as it wasn't really touched in the last year but it's fixed now.

The drivers rear camber is the only thing causing issues as it couldn't be brought in line to spec but it's not massively out and it could be any number of things throwing it out, and as the tech mentioned I could replace everything on the rear and still not fix it so just one of those things I need to live with I guess, but definitely feels much much better to drive than it ever did.

While out and about popped into a few exhaust places for quotes for to get a 3" cat back system made up and it's now booked in for Tuesday morning to get it sorted , can't wait.

Sent from my OnePlus 5t using Tapatalk

2. Likes northpole, Dog_Book liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Trim : Best

Engine : 2.0T

Year : 2008

Too much negative camber at the rear is usually caused by wear in the upper control arm bushes.

4. Likes bigdov, northpole liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Made a start to the lower splitter for the vxr bumper, needed rubbed back and some bits filled in to level them off and to hide some of the cracks.

Have had problems with it as there's something reacting with the primer which is causing it to crack so have had to strip it right back to the plastic as it was previously silver at one point it seems and it's that silver that's causing the reaction, so it's currently tripped back and filled in again waiting for some plastic adhesion promotor for the paint to aid the primer sticking, so once that's here will level it off again and hopefully that will be on by next week ready for its European road trip.

Also ordered new disks and pads for the fronts to try and cure the vibration under heavy braking once it gets warm, so thought may as well upgrade the pads.

Car has had a lil work done and tbh am over the moon, it's went from this

To this

Twin AMG style pipes that work well with the lines of the bumper and obv it's now sporting a full 3 inch systems which then goes to 2 small stubby boxes ( as the fabricator called them) to which is taper's to 2.5 or 2.75, but give the guys credit the system sounds absolutely awesome on full chat, has a proper V6 roar now.

Now know the sound quality isn't the best but will give an idea of how it sounds especially on boost, and surprisingly it's not that droney when cruising on the motorway, can still have a normal conversation without shouting.

Slightly better video taken on the phone, still fairly quiet at idle when warmed up, but definitely more bass and the rasp is now gone.

6. Likes davoc220, Dog_Book, northpole, RBH liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Brake disks arrived from autodoc last night so hopefully get them fitted next week, just going plain Jane disks again.

Finally making some progress on the vxr bumper or atleast its lower splitter, got some plastic promotor which is basically like a sealant for plastic and stops it from absorbing the solvent in the primer, as well as that got a proper 2k primer to spray on and soo far soo good, will need some sanding to flatten it off once it's dried and or possibly a few more coats to fix some of the issues but it is a filler primer so should hide some of the minor marks, but looks like an back on track for getting it fitted for Germany.

Know I won't be perfect but so long as it passes the 2m view Mark I'll be happy then I'll get it properly sprayed when I get back home.

Replaced the wiper linkage with a used eBay item as the arm had loads of play in it, which I originally thought was just a worn out bush but turns out the expensive supposedly uprated ones I fitted last year had a few mm of play between the arm and the nylon bush which when applied to the wiper arm gave it it's 1 inch if play, luckily the replacement one had the factory arms on it but was solid enough that it had absolutely no play do just swapped it out and now the wipers have very minimal play so hopefully won't be attacking the scuttle panel when on full speed.

While in there fitted the heated insignia washer jet's that I got from @Woody last month, so that's one retrofit ticked off the list.

Some more pics of the cars new pipes and how it looks from underneath.

And it's cold start, still not a great video as didn't realise how much the bass off the exhaust would rattle the phone also no proper holder so you get some Scottish cloud's

8. Likes Dog_Book, davoc220, northpole, watchman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Wow, been a while since this was updated lol.

It survived the European road trip this year once again amassing 3700 miles in the space of a few week's, and never missing a beat., done opeltreffen osch and naturally had a blast on the autobahn, tunnels this year were a blast with it's new pipes .

Gave it a quick wash before heading out to Europe.

Mods wise not much has happened, made progress on starting to install a little pi based car computer with a cid interface but its hit a brick wall till I find a touch panel that will fit in the CID housing., got a set of power folds to be fitted once I get a the proper door modules as mine sadly doesn't have the right modules.

Main thing is I've finally got rid of the massive dent that was in the bonnet as one of the guys I went to Germany with was breaking a sapphire black signum and offered it to me free of charge.

Was a little rough as it had been sat for the best part of a year but quick wash and a going over with the DA it came up nicely will need a proper machine polish as will the whole car but least it's not dented anymore.

And that's pretty much it, will be taking it to trax in a few weeks time and will then prob see about getting its winter wheels ready for the cooler weather coming in.

Do have a quick video of the exhaust in motion recorded on a lil gopro copy with an external mic clipped to the bumper as other vids didn't do the exhaust justice and neither does this but it gives a better idea of how it sounds more so when moving and under load.

And how it now stands next to the vxr( signum does need cleaned but it's on 185k miles so it can be forgiven )

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

10. Likes Dog_Book, watchman, tom5190, Apple81 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Found a water feature in the spare wheel well over xmas but hadn't had take to investigate.

One of 2 culprits is either the old deteriorated aerial seal or the rear lights, started with the aerial seal as you can tell its seen better days.

Abd to make sure it wasn't going to leak, sealed with some vaseline, was pretty much the only water repellant substance I could find that wasnt bearing grease which would just have made a mess.

No idea if its worked as we've not had much rain the past few weeks but hopefully that's it else will change the rubber on the lights or get new ones as tempted to try tinting the rear lights slightly to lesson the red

12. Likes Dog_Book, watchman, tom5190 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C

Trim : Exclusiv

Engine : 1.9CDTi

Year : 2008

I feel your pain on the aerial seal, where did you get yours from?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by tom5190 View Post
    I feel your pain on the aerial seal, where did you get yours from?
    Got it off Ebay, not a genuine seal but if it does the job

15. Likes tom5190 liked this post
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728

Thread Information