User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vectra c 1.8 coolant expanding in tank and coming out overflow need help

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra c

Trim : Sri

Engine : 1.8

Year : 07

Default Vectra c 1.8 coolant expanding in tank and coming out overflow need help

Hello people Harrysdad helped me out alot with my car so far
    i have a Vectra 1.8 Sri vectra c 1.8 z18xer
    i had coolant leaking and the top cap came off anyway i flushed the system and i thought everything was good
    then all of a sudden water raised rather fast in the header tank and came out of the overflow i thought ok might be the cap as there are 2 sorts so i got 1 of each to try
    now i always put my old cd30 back in the car to test the coolant temp on the dash it went to 90 and on the cd30 display went to 106 no fans so i spoke to Harry
    and i decided to buy Op-com to test the fans now this what i got from the Op-com any help would be great
    i got Op-com and tested all 3 parts of the Fan part 1 and 2 the fan kicked in part 3 nothing
    i also got 2 codes i cleared them but i got
    p0597 -04 Collant thermostat valve circuit open
    p0115-14 Engine Coolant Temperature circuit low imput
    Last edited by Stebo1212; 17th January 2017 at 14:24. Reason: Typing mistake sorry

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

HELLO M8 I HAD FEW PROBLEMS LIKE THAT WHAT I DID THINK ITS THE BIT ON THE RADIATOR LIKE WERE THE WIRES GO TO I TOOK IT OFF AND CLEANED THE TERMINALS AND THEN FAN SPEED 3 WORLING OK ALSO NOW BIT AGO I GOT THIT BIT FROM THE SCRAPYARD AND REPLACE THAT SWITCH BIT WERE THE WIRES GOES TO THE FAN YOU COULD TRY THAT SOME THESE BITS ARE LINKED THE THE FAN SWITCH BIT p0597 -04 Collant thermostat valve circuit open WHAT YOU WANT TO DO PUL PLUG BIT OFF THEN CLEAN THE TERMINALS WITH SOME SAND PAPER I DID THEN TRY FAN AGAIN CHEERSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
    p0115-14 Engine Coolant Temperature circuit low imput

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Just check for air in system as well

Just check there not got air in the system also when air bubles keeps coming out the radiator cap some times it can be sign head gaskit could be going did water look like got any oil in it or check just few things check first cheerssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra c

Trim : Sri

Engine : 1.8

Year : 07

Cheers i will try cleaning all the connectors just brought the thermostat so fingers crossed should get rid of the other code will try do this and see if fan works thanks for reply

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

ok if not sure what you are doing just give us a call ok cheerssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vauxhall Vectra

Trim : Vectra

Engine : 2 litres

Year : 2008

Hi Stebo1212,
    It seems this is an old problem you had. Interestingly, I am having the same problem on my Vectra 1.8 Sri, 2008.
    Wondering if you were able to iron the issues on coolant expanding back into the expansion tank and out of the overflow?
    This is the problem I am having right now, and I am not able to enjoy driving my Vectra now. I keep topping up with water! I was advised to leave the water tank cap off to clear any air, but this is not doing it. Hmm...
    Looking forward to some advice folks!

Much regards,
    Oseii
    Isaac

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : vectra 2007

Trim : sri

Engine : z18xer

Year : 2007

Quote Originally Posted by oseii View Post
    Hi Stebo1212,
    It seems this is an old problem you had. Interestingly, I am having the same problem on my Vectra 1.8 Sri, 2008.
    Wondering if you were able to iron the issues on coolant expanding back into the expansion tank and out of the overflow?
    This is the problem I am having right now, and I am not able to enjoy driving my Vectra now. I keep topping up with water! I was advised to leave the water tank cap off to clear any air, but this is not doing it. Hmm...
    Looking forward to some advice folks!

Much regards,
    Oseii
    Isaac
    I'm having a similar problem, I think a new expansion tank will fix it. Just ordered one from an ebay seller for about £!6 guaranteed for 2 years! Complete with cap. I suspect there is a hairline crack in the old tank, that lets the air out & with no "Cushion" water will be forced out. If the rubber seal on the cap fails, I think the same thing can happen. The float level warning switch can go porous, & give a false low level as well. I believe it is a reed switch, with a magnet in the float. As it is sealed in, not repairable.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Further to my last, the new Expansion tank (Chinese) seems to be working OK - I hope it passes the test of time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

It IS a reed switch, with difficulty, I extracted the sensor from the old faulty tank. There must be a magnet in the float.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Opel feature - coolant system problem...

Quote Originally Posted by beavor-bob View Post
    Further to my last, the new Expansion tank (Chinese) seems to be working OK - I hope it passes the test of time.
    Is there any news on replaced coolant tank with cap? How is it working now and what mileage have you passed with new tank?

I have vectra c with Z18XER motor for last 10 years and currently ~270.000km on board. Once had a problem with original coolant expansion tank - float sank and turned dash low coolant level lamp on. Had to change it and bought new original one. Ever since I'm fighting with coolant cap problem (last 20.000km). Lower and smaller O-ring (on the cap) is not keeping pressure in system and lets coolant out. Non-returnable safety valve in the cap can not experience high pressure situation where it would let coolant out, because O-ring lets coolant out.
    How do you know when cap is problem? If you tighten it easily with two fingers (no resistance - friction-less cap screwing) then your O-rings in the cap are problem. I tried original cap from astra H and couldn't screw it with two fingers but had to use complete hand and maximum power. Very big difference in resistance.
    My story further - bought original new cap and had same problem. Then I ordered one from Austria (supposing they have better parts quality) and got same problematic cap.
    Then I ordered thicker O-rings and enlarged inside diameter of the O-ring slot on the cap with teflon tape and solved the problem. Only thing is that O-ring will wear in some time due to higher pressure and will have to be changed again. Till then I'm estimating every cap screwing if it is easy or difficult enough.
    Totally dissapointed at aftersales parts quality and service in official Opel services. (I always bought ORIGINAL spares in official Opel services)

PS. Normal working temperature for this motor is 103-108 Degrees Celsius (changed several original thermostats and always get this results when OBD2 logging my driving).

https://www.vectra-c.com/forum/showt...14#post2511114
    Last edited by strela; 1st March 2020 at 23:12.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information