Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Bluetooth

Hi,

Is there a definitive answer regarding the best bluetooth kit to fit to the vectra.

I would love one that used the screen in my car. I have seen a few references to the Parrot kit as well as the Vauxhall kit but unsure which one to go for. Any pics available if it fitted?

I have the CD70 SatNav if that matters.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I personally can't recommend the Parrot 3200LS Colour enough ... superb bit of kit. You may wish to double check your handset will be compatible first though @ http://www.parrot.biz

HTH

Dave

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I installed the Parrot 3200 & apart from having a faulty head unit on the 1st one I have no complaints - easy to fit & works well even with a Nokia N73

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I got the parrot 3100 (I didn't think the extra money for the screen on the 3200 was worth it) and it is just superb.

Works with both Qtek 9100 PDA and Nokia 6230i

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Happy Parrot 3200LS owner here too. I bought the just launched Autoleads SOT-109 lead and literally had the kit fully fitted and working in under 30 minutes. The SOT-109 is only suitable if you have the prewired phone VDA loom behind the glovebox. Takes the power and links to the headunit from here without need to remove h/u or cut any wires. It cuts sound source and displays MESSAGE on display during call.

Quote Originally Posted by G.O'Rilla View Post
    I got the parrot 3100 (I didn't think the extra money for the screen on the 3200 was worth it) and it is just superb.

Works with both Qtek 9100 PDA and Nokia 6230i

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I have the Parrot 3200 kit installed as well. There are a few different options on where to fit the unit, some use the air vent, others on the dash, i chose just to the right of the stereo, as everyone says, easy to use, works through the stereo speakers and come's up as external on the stereo when in use with the CD70.
    Voice activation and if you have photos stored on your phone for people the photo will appear on the parrot screen as well as the phone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by tonyt View Post
    I have the Parrot 3200 kit installed as well. There are a few different options on where to fit the unit, some use the air vent, others on the dash, i chose just to the right of the stereo, as everyone says, easy to use, works through the stereo speakers and come's up as external on the stereo when in use with the CD70.
    Voice activation and if you have photos stored on your phone for people the photo will appear on the parrot screen as well as the phone.
    Mine (3100) is above the right air vent.

Photos of callers?? Now I know why I didn't get the 3200........ most of my contacts in photos look as though they should be holding up a little board with numbers on it

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I have done several Parrot CK3100 installs now, and it really is a fantastic bit of kit. On the newer facelifted Vectra's (as well as the current Astra's) you need a SOT122 adapter lead AND an ignition-controlled live feed - the cigarette lighter on a Vectra is the best source of this (note: on an Astra this source is constant live - DOH - as I discovered on Saturday evening).

Also, make sure the "mute" lead from the Parrot unit is connected to the appropriate pin on your head unit (via the SOT122 lead) then your head unit says "Extern In" when you're on a call - otherwise it won't show anything out of the ordinary. There's a little diagram on the top of your head unit (once you remove it) showing you what connectors are what on the back of the head unit.

Lastly, on CanBus Vectra's (rotary controls on the steering wheel, NOT buttons) you don't need a radio code when removing the radio - it's mated to the ECU on the car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

The more I use it the more impressed I am with it. The Engineer who installed it (correctly) also said it was the best bit of kit he had seen - in fact went by his recommendation as he has done several installs for me

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

A couple of my mates fit car kits for a living in the Norfolk Suffolk area and cant speak highly enough about the parrot kits, getting one myself soon as the Nokia pile of ****e car kit (CK20w) keeps freezing the head unit (CD70), and its becoming troublesome !!!

Go for the 3200 all +'s that ive heard ! and im gonna have one 2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information