340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra Estate

Trim : VXR

Engine : Z28NEH

Year : 07

• Tools pictured are what i used to unpick the loom i was given with the add on for the passenger dimming mirror as i forgot to show it in previous posts. I then made up the missing part of the loom from the body to door side and spliced it next to the seat as mentioned before. Also some of the wiring i bought which was mostly sourced from https://www.almsolutions.co.uk/index...ggh7lhh3pm2775
    • Thanks of course to Dean aka @plasma for guidance in obtaining the correct parts. The male and female pins needed for this came from RS Components.

IMG_5977.jpgIMG_5978.jpg
    Vectra VXR estate 2007 Sapphire Black
    Teapot Tuned 255/300
    Eibachs B8's, fully loaded factory options

Tech2 & MDI diagnostics + SPS

Midlands - Vxr Owning Dick Dog_Book's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

• Used LHD German passenger seat belt fitted as original has lost strength to return the belt fully. Quite straight forward, remove the sill panel first pulling it away from the body where the blue clip is then it all comes up and out. I had previously cleaned all inside the trim to remove fluff but this wasn't enough, the metal guide bar behind the pillar trim still had something sticky on it so all brushed clean then wiped down and bar cleaned with silicone spray. Still not perfect but better than before. The cap on the body can just be pulled of once you get nails behind it, i just pulled the nut guide out as i didn't have any long enough 13mm sockets to reach it so might be a special tool so had the magnet pen handy.

IMG_5995.jpgIMG_5996.jpgIMG_5997.jpgIMG_5998.jpgIMG_5999.jpgIMG_6001.jpgIMG_6002.jpgIMG_6003.jpgIMG_6004.jpgIMG_6005.jpgIMG_6006.jpg
    Teapot Tuned 255/300

3. Likes watchman, Alin Bogdan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

• Acquired a set of the original VXRacing AP Racing calipers, carriers and http://www.reyland.co.uk/ 362 dia hook discs. New hoses being ordered from https://www.goodridge.co.uk/ which by the markings on the old ones were made by them also but without fully stainless fittings. Full refurb kit from https://www.coordsport.com/ will get A2 stainless cap heads for the carriers as the old ones were all corroded badly. Have a set of rear Remy refurb calipers along with tuftrided Zimmermann drilled discs and GM pads to be painted at the same time as the AP's

IMG_5918.jpgIMG_5920.jpgIMG_5925.jpgIMG_5942.jpgIMG_6013.jpgIMG_6107.jpgIMG_5348.jpgIMG_5351.jpgIMG_5360.jpgIMG_5363.jpgIMG_5887.jpg
    Teapot Tuned 255/300

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Engine : 2.8 V6 Turbo

Year : 2008

Mileage : 73000

Hi Dog Book, I'm new to the forum - I also have a sapphire black VXR estate. I have read through your diary with great interest - excellent job.
    Could you tell me where you got your boot liner from please? I've got a genuine one, but it's really naff and I'd like to replace it with something better.
    Cheers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Hemgray View Post
    Hi Dog Book, I'm new to the forum - I also have a sapphire black VXR estate. I have read through your diary with great interest - excellent job.
    Could you tell me where you got your boot liner from please? I've got a genuine one, but it's really naff and I'd like to replace it with something better.
    Cheers.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vauxhall-...k/301622584691
    Teapot Tuned 255/300

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Engine : 2.8 V6 Turbo

Year : 2008

Mileage : 73000

Cheers DB, got one on order.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

• Late service changed the oil and filter with flush out, added Activ8 on fill up 250ml, air filter, cleaned sensors MAF etc, all new spark plugs (gapped to .7mm) after 20k and 2 years and the had worn to a gap .9mm! Also new plenum chamber gasket. Pipes are a bit oily so i can only guess the engine is worn or the turbo seals are but it doesn't really use any oil between services each 6 months. Snapped a hose clamp but luckily found a new one in my stores from previous cdti ownership. This is nearly a month late but instead of around 6-7k miles over 6 months its only been 2589 miles since the last change in January.

IMG_6172.jpgIMG_6170.jpgIMG_6171.jpgIMG_6176.jpgIMG_6177.jpgIMG_6179.jpgIMG_6180.jpgIMG_6181.jpgIMG_6182.jpg
    Teapot Tuned 255/300

9. Likes watchman, RBH liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

• Coolant tank cap replaced as it was falling apart, Nevlock supplied it very cheap and its genuine. As the seals are new its very easy to tighten and remove. The seals are not squared unlike the old one.

IMG_6402.jpgIMG_6403.jpg
    Teapot Tuned 255/300

11. Likes watchman, Samyam, northpole, GSiFan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

• Engine mount replacement, front QH rear Febi and right genuine GM. Mainly a E14 socket and spanner and E18 socket a 13mm socket/spanner and 18 spanner i think it was Front and rear come out easily enough, rear the actual bracket on the engine needs taking off first when you find the 3rd bolt that's hidden when your on your back under the engine on a drive Jack the gearbox remove the battery (surprise surprise) then undo all the bolts on the mount and the bracket and earth strap. Lower box and slide bracket out then remove and replace mount. Refit it all followed by the rear then front mounts. Oh and undo the D/P to cat flange so the rear mount bolt can be extracted. So, the double clunk has not gone infact its a little more pronounced but the car feels tighter like the engine isn't moving around so freely and best still without any more cable adjustment the gear changes have become more precise quicker and not notchy as it was before especially going from 1-2 2-3 or down. This feels more like @MCD 's smooth low mileages Vectra change which is a pleasure, that's comparing a 160k car to a 90k one but that's where im aiming here to make it like new again. All the old mounts didn't have any noticeable excess deflections but did have fractures around the rubber where it would have been moving for many years. The gasket wasn't leaking but it looks like at some point gases have been trying to get out either side, new layered gasket fitted with some sealant and 3 new stainless flange headed bolts installed.

IMG_6364.jpgIMG_6365.jpgIMG_6395.jpgIMG_6400.jpgIMG_6401.jpgIMG_6430.jpgIMG_6431.jpgIMG_6432.jpgIMG_6433.jpgIMG_6436.jpgIMG_6438.jpgIMG_6439.jpgIMG_6440.jpgIMG_6441.jpgIMG_6442.jpgIMG_6443.jpgIMG_6446.jpgIMG_6437.jpg
    Teapot Tuned 255/300

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Trim : Exclusiv

Engine : 1.8 VVT

Year : 2006

Mileage : 117K

Great to see all the maintenance and mods you have been doing on the VXR, keep up the good work mate.

14. Likes northpole, Dog_Book liked this post
Page 41 of 55 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread Information