Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : vectra

Trim : vxr

Engine : 2.8

Year : 2007

Quote Originally Posted by ST200 View Post
    It was a lovely vehicle to tinker with when I owned it, ran super when I'd given it the once over after purchasing it. I always keep my motors in the best condition I can so I do hope whoever owns it now is taking care of it & putting in as much passion as I did.

@veccy28 did you own it prior to myself?

Yep, I was the previous owner prior to you.

So, the history;

I had an St220 which was a fantastic car but dropped into a knackered C180. I always wanted a VXR vectra. (I should never have sold the St220 but there you go).

I bought the car in question from ebay. It was very low mileage when I bought it, and bought it as a private sale. The seller was pretty genuine and it was very cheap. He said the reason it was so low mileage was that it had been sat for around 18 months having an engine rebuild. The mot history showed that it had moved about 30 miles in a year, and the two years prior it had done about 800 miles each.

I can't remember the exact reason now, it was a few years ago, but I seem to recall the timing chain either broke or developed some serious problem which caused the engine to nuke itself. He had a lot of paperwork for it, but nothing really relating to engine rebuild. I cant even remember if it was done by VX, but i've a sneaking suspicion that it wasn't.

I took it for a quick test drive, and decided that I should take a punt on it, mainly because it was so cheap, the mileage was ultra low and I wanted a VXR that wasn't blue or black. As such, my options were very limited. Always wanted a VXR and I decided that if it blew up 6 months later, I'd take the hit and was just going to bang it on ebay it as spares/repair. Luckily it didn't, and I ran it for around 12-18 months. It was a very good car, but my biggest gripe was the misfire that you detected. I coudnt really be bothered getting it looked at, it was only on very rare occasions at the time and I could tolerate it.

The biggest issues I had were the fuel economy (i knew what I was getting into) and the ride. The roads round here were pretty gash and the ride was solid. I got to the point of hating how bumpy and uncomfortable it was, and potholes were just murder. The fuel was starting to get a bit pricey too. I also didn't really need an estate and it was just too big for my needs.

As such, I chopped it in a BMW Dealer in Preston who gave me £2500 for it against a 12 month old 525d saloon. They banged it through the auctions and a week later I saw it on the forecourt where OP bought it from.

2. Likes Dog_Book liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra Estate

Trim : VXR

Engine : Z28NET

Interesting read and thanks for sharing. I got virtually no paperwork with it when I bought it but could see it had been cared for & just required minor mechanic bits sorting here & there. It was just a spur of the moment purchase for the wife & I but knew they were very rare vehicles. Ran spot on once the plugs were charged but was getting ready for new coils when I moved it on, they were on my to do list had we kept it longer. We too felt the OE suspension was terrible, especially with the option 19s. Anyway it was still a pleasure to have owned a Vectra VXR, especially the uber rare estate.

PS The Courtenay Stage 1 map was amazing & transformed the deliverability, it was a totally different beast after the map
    Last edited by ST200; 11th January 2021 at 15:42.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Interesting read and thanks for sharing. I got virtually no paperwork with it when I bought it but could see it had been cared for & just required minor mechanic bits sorting here & there. It was just a spur of the moment purchase for the wife & I but knew they were very rare vehicles. Ran spot on once the plugs were charged but was getting ready for new coils when I moved it on, they were on my to do list had we kept it longer. We too felt the OE suspension was terrible, especially with the option 19s. Anyway it was still a pleasure to have owned a Vectra VXR, especially the uber rare estate.

PS The Courtenay Stage 1 map was amazing & transformed the deliverability, it was a totally different beast after the map
    The thing that struck me most was the markup on it. I got 2500 for it p/x. I imagine it went at auction for not much more than that really? And I think they had it on the dealers lot for 6k? We're definately in the wrong game :P

To be honest, i'd probably buy it back if it ever came back on the market. I've got a 2019 530d now which is mentally quick for what it is, but I do miss my Vauxhalls. I think even the Vectra, being 13+ years old still doesnt look that dated.

Just had a look on autotrader on the off chance it was on the market :P

If nothing else, i've got no pictures of the car, so it's great to see so many of them in this diary

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I sold it to https://mwperformance.co.uk/ who always have a few interesting vehicles for sale if your in the market for another performance Vauxhall.

6. Likes veccy28 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I sold it to https://mwperformance.co.uk/ who always have a few interesting vehicles for sale if your in the market for another performance Vauxhall.

Excellent, i'll take a look!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vauxhall

Trim : Vectra vxr estate and corsa b sxi

Engine : 2.8 v6 turbo 1.2 16v

Hi guys,
    just to let you know I’m the new owner of this car. She is doing well and is very spoilt lol I’ve replaced all brakes and suspension. It’s had a bit of body work done, been cleaned and under sealed underneath. Did A full service when I picked it up and Also has had oil changed every 6 months along with many other things. It flew through the last MOT!

9. Thanks ST200 thanked for this post
    Likes Dog_Book, ST200 liked this post
    Midlands - Vxr Owning Dick Dog_Book's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Engine : Z28NEH

Year : 07

Quote Originally Posted by Tom2811 View Post
    Hi guys,
    just to let you know I’m the new owner of this car. She is doing well and is very spoilt lol I’ve replaced all brakes and suspension. It’s had a bit of body work done, been cleaned and under sealed underneath. Did A full service when I picked it up and Also has had oil changed every 6 months along with many other things. It flew through the last MOT!
    Start a new diary with lots of pics of these new things
    Vectra VXR estate 2007 Sapphire Black
    Teapot Tuned 255/300
    Eibachs B8's, fully loaded factory options

Tech2 & MDI diagnostics + SPS

11. Likes Tom2811 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I better get my camera out then lol

13. Likes Dog_Book liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

@Tom2811 enjoy it as the wife & I sure did when we owned it. As @Dog_Book has said start a new diary, it's good to see what's happening to these rare cars. I always hoped it went to a good home after noticing it had been sold by MWP, sounds like it's getting the love it deserves

15. Thanks Tom2811 thanked for this post
    Likes Tom2811 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I’m enjoying it, very protective over it I will get some pics together and then set up a new diary soon! You did a great job looking after it yourself so I will carry that on!

17. Thanks ST200 thanked for this post
    Likes ST200 liked this post
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread Information