Page 28 of 57 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: Northpole's Vectra C SXI

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C Saloon( sadly died at age 20 due to a hart attack)

Trim : SXI limited edition

Engine : 2.0 16v DTI

Year : 2003

Mileage : 140000

well i bought the injector seals... as the problem is back and the only thing that can cause the leak back is the seals so i bought complete kit and am going to replace them when the weather is dry as it's quite a big job, not hard but have to remove a lot to get to the injector seals....

also had a nice surprise one of the ABS sensors is acting up, wnet to check why and found that tone of the bolts to the wheel-bearing actually came out and knocked off the metal circlip of the drive shaft boot. So i found a **** ton of grease in my wheel, the knuckle, on the knuckle and almost everywhere else... Kinda suspecting the ****** garage that did the alignment as i used an impact gun to tighten the bolts so why the hell would one come loose? I tightened it back with a spanner and it hasn't come off yet....

anyway i now need to take the whole bearing off as the removal of grease out of the ab sensor setup hasn't worked... but it's going to rain all day so this will wait until it's a dry day. so i can tackle both things... a the joy of having others work on my car when i'm not hanging about.... it's always the same... when i watch their every move it's always done right, but i needed to do a **** ton of things that day so i just dropped the car off and went about doing what i needed to do.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Sorted out the abs sensor today... i remembered i had a spare from when I changed the wheelbearings a few months ago... pulled of the bearing and swapped it for the old one... problem solved for now... the new bearing will get s clean up. As I found the sensor ring is covered in grease (yeah I split the lot) but it can be rescued so I will do so and put it on a shelf.

The injectors aren't done yet but they are on the list as I forgot to get the intake gaskets... duh!.

3. Likes Dog_Book liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Did the injector seals and the hard starts are gone, so is the white smoke on a cold start, plus it starts within a second! F- yeah!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

i also noticed that the engine noise is way less than it used to be...with mine being a dti it is kinda sounding like a tractor and it always changed engine note when the butterfly valves moved position ( it does this at 3000 rpm) well that change over of noise is completely gone... mind you it doesn't surprise me as the butterfly valves in the intake were bent because of the rock-like carbon build-ups. i bent them all back when i cleaned the intake. made sure it operated flawlessly before i put it back on. now the only noise is from the vp44 fuelpump and i don't have a problem with that.

right so i'm planning to do an engine flush, than replace the oil, oil filter, fuel filter, pollen filter and air filter. I might just buy a panel Pipercross sport filter as they state that they are 30% less restrictive than an oem filter... that should give the car another kick up the backside and help to unleash some more power.

6. Likes Daywalker, davoc220, Vwdub2000 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra c estate

Trim : Life

Engine : 1.8

Year : 2007

I used this engine flush and it took everything out. I have tried many. Even now 3000miles later, oil is still golden.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

8. Likes davoc220 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Vwdub2000 View Post
    I used this engine flush and it took everything out. I have tried many. Even now 3000miles later, oil is still golden.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
    I always use STP's flushing oil, it does the trick... but my oil will get dirty because it's a dti and it still got the egr in full function. Good stuff that x-flow by comma, I did use it but in this case I shall not be using it. Since I already ordered it all picking it up tomorrow.

The trick with stp is dump it in and run the car for an hour... instead of the prescribed 10 minutes, thanni use an oil transfer pump to clear òut the oil filter housing and the corners of the sump. And this is what I have been doing for ages... I leave the sump up off and dump a litre of turpentine down the oil filler and leave it to drip out for an hour...

Gives a clean as hell engine

10. Likes Jon1796 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Did the big ass service.. it went smooth for once... just a little spill of oil but since I used the turpentine to do an extra flush the actual oil-spill just washed away with some hot soapy water. So i ran the car for 45 minutes with the STP engine flush... actually turned the sticky oil into a watery black mess without any foam. I than removed the sump plug and drained all the oil, while that was draining i replaced the airfilter, fuel filter and at than I removed the old oil filter.. i than took 1L of turpentine and chucked it down the oil fill and some down the oil filter housing so i could clean up the little nooks and crannies of that. used some paper towels to clear the last bits off.

so I replaced the following:
    - air filter for a lifetime Piper-cross sport panel air filter (I put the stickers on the airbox)
    - oil filter (put new seals on the lot too)
    - fuel filter ( new seals on that too) topped it up with diesel booster to aid it to start quicker)
    - 5L of full synthetic 5w40 from Shell

Car started on the second swing of the key just left to reset the service counter.
    Took me an hour to do it all this included the 45 minutes of running the car with the engine flush. and the stuff cost me 58 pounds this included the STP engine flush, Redex diesel booster and the Pipercross Panel filter... the oil I already bought months ago but if i add that it would come to 18 pounds (used my mates trade-account) so at 76 pounds i did a service that others would probably pay a good old 200 pounds for if they would have it done by a garage...

also the panel filter makes the car sound better not throaty

12. Thanks Vwdub2000 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

So a driving after the big service update:

the car breaths better, because of the clean intake, the pipercross airfilter and now normal working butterfly valves. It also has a slightly deeper engine note, less tractor noise at idle and it idles slightly lower... Did a hard pull on the slip road onto the motorway, 3rd gear hits an astonishing 85mph without hitting the rev-limiter! what sorcery did i unleash upon this engine? before the big service the car would almost redline at 70 mph in 3rd gear...

14. Likes Vwdub2000 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

yesterday I removed the fresh powersteering fluid, because it howled like a banshee after it was replaced with fresh vauxhall specific powersteering fluid. when i removed the old oil it was filthy and gritty... and thought that the new oil would be better... well when i removed it it was nasty black but not gritty anymore... so i filled it up with this

and topped it up with some fresh vauxhall specific powersteering fluid...

low and behold the whine reduced to almost nothing after a drive, it occasinally would be there but not as loud a it used to be... enter this morning when i had to drop someone of at work in the ****** early hours, well long story short the whine has seemed to have disappeared completely. it was a good old 30 mile drive. But even when the wheel is turned to full lock either side no more whines, low pitched or high pitched. result!

so to the other people that have a whine coming from the EHPS, i suggest you do as i did, replace it for a few weeks, than drop it and add the lucas first and top it up with the vauxhall specific powersteering fluid, as i almost went and replaced the darn thing... this was a cheap tester to make sure it needed a replacement before getting the replacement pump that would cost me an arm and a leg...yeah the one that is mounted in front of the OS front wheel-well instead of the steering rack is seriously expensive, so much that it would warrant me getting rid and replacing the whole car, not that i would with all the parts i recently replaced.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I decided to give the headlights a quick clean up ( de-fog the lot).... enter the brake-fluid method, basically get a clean cloth,papertowel, juan sheet, or whatever you prefer to use... put some brake fluid on the material of said wiping stuff you prefer, and be careful not to touch the paint... de-fogging this way takes about 30 seconds a headlight, just make sure you wash it off when done as brake-fluid is corrosive and will keep eating it's way through the plastic lens... (tip: spray some wd40 afterwards and wipe it off saves you from washing the complete car, it neutralizes the brake-fluid plus it also cleans and it is water repellant)

I have yet to try it on a polisher but because it works so fast, i've never done it...

17. Likes Daywalker liked this post
Page 28 of 57 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread Information