Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default key fob

key fob stopped working so we changed the battery and still no joy, wife took it to the dealer who said it was water damaged and not covered by warranty, not sure if youngest monster has been playing with it .. vauxhall have quoted me £83.60 for a replacement plus £19 for the key number

couple of questions, is there anywhere else i can get a new fob or is it a dealer only part and where would i get the key number, theres a 4 digit number stamped on the key and a serial number inside/on the fob itself

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Jaguar XF 3.0D V6

Trim : Black

Engine : 3.0D V6

Year : 0000

I would be asking about why they think it is water damaged (proof) and why it is out of warranty. Surely these unit has an IP rating (Ingress Protection) high enough to prevent water from entering the unit. What is the red seal for then???

Complain again, I know it's not a huge amount of money, BUT it is your money.

If these units have a decent IP rating (which I am sure they would), and if water has got in, then surely that is down to a manufacturing defect of some sort. Therefore covered by warranty.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

You think thats bad for my old Renault Laguna (02 plate) i only had 1 key it was a card that controlled everything because it was a key less car that had start button hence no key. I had it in my back pocket and sat on it and it snapped in 2. Couldn't start the car without it and it took 5 working days to get a new one from Renault and i had to get it towed to the dealer so they could program it to my car the card was £130 + VAT and £28 to have it coded.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Not sure if you've managed to get a replacement under warranty? But if you do need to pay I would question the price.

A while back I paid £86 for a replacement (I did give them the key code). Then I spotted on here the price should have been £37.50 + vat for the key, plus around £10-15 for it to be programed. Complained & they dedcided to just charge me £37.50 + Vat, mind it did take 3 mths to get the refund !!

Good luck

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I phoned 2 local Vx dealers to ask about the folding key - I was quoted:-
    £48 key + £35 to program + vat at the first &
    £48 key + £45 to program + vat at the second

£50 for the key I can stomach but another £50 for 5 minutes work programming - No chance I'll stick to Ye Olde style key thanks

Thread Information