User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: A few questions from a new Signum owner...

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default A few questions from a new Signum owner...

First of all I'd like to thank those feeding the forum with info and who answered my first posts, I have found it full of useful information, the How2s are great and the people seem very pleasant. I have just purchased a 54 plate 3.0v6 Signum Design and am loving it.
    However I do have some more questions!
    1) The car has 40k on the clock and it was 12k since the last oil change and I am thinking of replacing the oil and filter, my local dealer (Monorep Hayes) were quoting 33+vat for the filter and 42+vat per gallon of the recommended oil. Complete rip off I know, I have found the filter for £23 at autovaux.net and was thinking of using Mobil1 0w40. National Tyres will do the lot for £40, which is very cheap, but they use BP Visco 7000 0w40 which is ACEA B3/B4 rated, the service book states that this can be used but only on a 1 year cycle. The last service is due in 5 months and it will get another change then too. What do you reckon?
    2) I know Ive only had it a while but the thought of tuning it is already entering my head, Ive seen how the tuning boxes compare to the remaps. But how do they affect reliability?
    3) Final question! I used to own a small hatchback and am having a few problems when reversing into tight spaces as I cant judge the length too well and am **** scared of scratching it. Anyone had any success with aftermarket rear sensors, Local dealer will fit colour coded ones for approx £150.

Sorry to leach all this info out of you guys, hopefully as I go on I will be able to give something back!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

hi and welcome to the site

i was worried about damage when backing up so i am fitting this at the weekend the same as ACE TAG
    see the link http://forum.vectra-c.com/showthread.php?t=21847

there is a seller on ebay that took an offer on this for £55 so if your intrested let me know and i will pass his user name on for you

baz

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

isn't it still under manufacturers warranty? maybe worth getting a stealer service as the last one so any probs can be identified and done under warranty?

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vauxhall

Trim : Astra Twin Top

Engine : 1.9cdti

Year : 07

you need to post some pictures.as its the LAW evidently........and we so love looking at other ppls pride and joys

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

What they quote you for the oil and filter is about right for a main dealer. I'd be surprised if national tryes only charge you £40 when they find out what the filter cost is. If its still under warrenty I would get a main dealer to service it and check it all over for any faults before any MOT if it needs one. Although its not needed to have a main dealer look at it to keep the warrenty.

From what I have read its only boxed ones that seem to break down, although there are lots of peeps on here who run mapped ones and boxed ones with no trouble at all. I think I wil go for a remap when the time comes as its not fooling the ECU then.

Go for the rear wireless camera. Looks cool for the money!

Welcome and get some pics up!
    Now I need a turbo to keep up!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I dont like the idea of leaving the same oil in the car for >10k, so wanted to do a change until the next service is due in 5 months, as i will cover 5-6k in that time. Then I will take it in for its last service before the warranty expires and sort out any warranty problems.The national tryes website came up with the price when i put in my reg number and cofirmed it was for a 3.0 signum, but as you say they would have kittens when they realise that only covers the filter.

Is the filter easy to get to? Does anyone have diagrams of the engine? Im not averse to a bit of DIY, but I'll have trouble trying to explain to the missus that I want to jack my new car up to service it!

The wireless camera does look really cool and its a good price, but I think the audio versions would suit me better as I can look around while reversing and listen for the beeps. Still it would be good though wouldnt it, it'd be fantastic if you could replace the dash screen and get it come up there.

didnt get back until it was getting dark tonight but I will pop up some photos when i can.

Heres the detail from the National tyres website, they even added a 10% discount!

OIL7 Oil & Filter change - Visco 7000 0w-40 (over 2300cc) (Diesel) £40.00

OILDIS Oil Disposal Charge £1.00

DISCOUNT 10% Discount -£4.10

TOTAL £36.90
    Last edited by marly; 18th April 2007 at 21:29. Reason: adding some comments

Thread Information