Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default headunit, which 1???

I'm trying to decide which of these 3 Alpine headunits to get.
    IVA-D310E
    IVA-D100E
    IVA-D900R
    i have a rear camera to put on the car and a vdo satnav system in my car already. dont know if i'll bother with the ps2 or not.
    the 310 on provides 1 av in plus standalone camera. perfect if im not going to add ps2 or 3 later on.

i have a vx single din facia coming already. will the wiring it comes with still allow me to use the steering wheel controls???

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Don't think so I had to get 2 alpine adaptors to use steering wheel controls on the Alpine head I just fitted, only problem is the HUD does not seem to get any information from the Alpine at all, however the steering controls work perfectly.
    I know the units I have are for Non CAN bus equiped cars, and that seemed to be correct for my 53 Sigma.

Word of warning it gets a bit tight behind the radio possition in the dash so best advice be neat and tidy, unlike the butchers that factory fitted the parking sensors. Also the on my single din adaptor the fit is not wonderful in the centre of the dash at the top, I think the top sits about 2-3mm proud of the surrounding. From some of the pictures I have seen on this board it is fairly common. It is A VX type not an after market one.

The other confusing thing with the kit is a piece of foam this I believe is to fit below the din cage to give it a little support, well it seems to do that quite well, as there are no instructions for it's use I just kind of assumed.

Ian B.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I have the Alpine 310 in my car at the Moment, it IS A NIGHTMARE when it comes to cables behind the head unit It gets tight behind there, there are lots of cables and little box things that you need to put somewhere, I done it myself over a good few hours, it was a pain in the proverbial.

Alpine do various adapters for the cars and they can be pricey, and its yet another box to put somewhere - but really useful.

As for the Inputs, Im sure that there are A.V. Expansion Boxes that connect into the Ai-Net of Alpine Units - Again, MORE BOXES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

there is an av expansion box to give u 3 inputs. checked out the units yesterday.looks like the 310 is choice due to its feel. the av processing ox will do for now. the expansion box is like another $500. where did u put the av box????

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

OOdles of space behind the Glove box, you may need to move a couple of things, also space behind facia near the air vents (got my hands free phone speaker up there) I know I could have got the Alpine adaptor to put phone audio through the system, however I got advised they were not too reliable so thought I would save £50.

Now space for the Sub amp that is another whole can of worms.
    Getting there though.
    Ian B.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

i have my speaker and bluetooth box behind the lower pocket. just fits in there.

amp in boot. easy. :P

its a shame they dont make the little unit smaller. what stuff did u move and where did u move it. dont feel like pulling ur car apart to take pics do u???

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

May have to next week I have to get a cable from the battery to the boot.
    Moved the Front parking sensor around a bit to get the CK7W control box in, got the little box for the steering wheel controls up above the glove box.
    Quality of the factory fit wiring is attrocious, they do not cut cables to length just bundle them up with tape and stuff them so called out of the way.

CD changer 1 went in the boot rear pasenger storage area, managed to find ultra small Genesis amp to go in boot rear storage drivers side. Small issue with ventilation but working on that.
    I have an old Kicker 12 inch sub which takes up half the boot which is not acceptable, so may cast around for a design that uses clam shell 8 inch subs or 4 X 5 inch in clam shell tripple chamber band pass system.

However that route needs serious woodwork and maths if it is going to work.
    A french company called Focal produce 5 inch subs but not found a price on them yet.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I Have the AV box in the boot at the moment, Im thinking of moving it elsewhere though - there is a lot to do in the Car, More Amps going into the Car as well, so Cables are going to be EVERYWHERE lol.

Ive got a Feeling that the 5in Focal Sub will be fairly costly, They are top Quality speakers though!! Well worth the Money

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I managed to squeeze Kicker SS65.2's in the front doors which i am quite pleased with running direct from the Alpine high power head unit so must try to find the cash for another pair for the back. I will try to get you those pictures to you later in the week. Do you want ones of the back as well?
    Ian B.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by breezephil View Post
    I Have the AV box in the boot at the moment, Im thinking of moving it elsewhere though - there is a lot to do in the Car, More Amps going into the Car as well, so Cables are going to be EVERYWHERE lol.

Ive got a Feeling that the 5in Focal Sub will be fairly costly, They are top Quality speakers though!! Well worth the Money
    i surppose with the av unit in the boot i only have to run 1 av cable to the unit. better than squizing all of them down for amps. i have speaker wire and rca cables in the car already from the previous owner. just need good speakers after the headunit.

alpine have small subs for utes and another setup for hatchbacks. did look at the to much but might be worth a look.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information