1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : GSi

Engine : 3.2 V6

Year : 03

Understand the more of a particular model the more accidents there may be for that model but would be better going on the driver not the vehicle. Someone who has driven for 20 years with no accidents doesn't suddenly increase in risk because they drive a more popular car lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : vauxhall signum

Trim : elite

Engine : z32se

Year : 2004

nothing to do with safety either, zafira is half a star more rated :O

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Saab

Trim : 9-3 Vert

Engine : 2.0

Year : 2000

Quote Originally Posted by Jones-e View Post
    Understand the more of a particular model the more accidents there may be for that model but would be better going on the driver not the vehicle. Someone who has driven for 20 years with no accidents doesn't suddenly increase in risk because they drive a more popular car lol.
    Statistics probably prove otherwise. I have had a number of cars recently from my 300+ bhp Vectra through to Lada nivas and Saab convertibles. The most expensive of them all to insure (at about £300 is the car i'm currently running around in a battered old punto, and i'll be honest the closest i've been to a crash in the last 10 years has been in this car. Simply because they tyres on it aren't as good as my last car. Statistics obviously showed that 34 year old males from Leeds are more likely to crash a battered punto then they are any of the other cars I have had (and they were almost, correct).

You have to remember that the cost of the car plays little to no part in the insurance cost as its the 3rd party costs that are the highest.

By comparison the Punto has only been my run around while I got my 944 through its MOT. The cost for 1 years fully comp insurance on that is £88.

I would guess that stats show that most zafiras aren't looked after properly have cheap tyres on them, and are driven by people be distracted by kids etc. They are also likely to be driven in town a lot where even at low speeds I can imagine a claim can quickly get expensive if some one is knocked down or all 7 occupants are injured.
    GSI's however will generally be driven by enthusiasts who look after the car, don't drive it with a load of kids shouting in it etc.
    So although you are still the same person when driving the zafira, the other factors around you are possibly very different.

I have to add that I don't work in the insurance industry, so if someone who does wishes to point out where my thoughts are wrong, then feel free. However I have read a fair amount on the subject and know a number of people in the industry who have explained bits and pieces to me.
    Last edited by Ziggy; 27th October 2015 at 10:55.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : GSi

Engine : 3.2 V6

Year : 03

Yeah it sort of makes sense but if you were to ask most people, "which do you think would cost more to insure a 03 Vec C GSi 3.2 or a 56 Zafira 1.8 Design" I think the majority would plump for the Vec, Still I am more than happy with the price so I certainly wont be ringing them up and saying its too cheap lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia 1.8 SRi

Trim : VX Line Red

Engine : 1.8VVT

Year : 2011

One that annoyed me recently was the length of ownership causing a price hike. I recently changed from my Vec to the Insignia, but noticed when the papaerwork came through, it stated that I'd owned the Insignia for 3 years, which was wrong.

I called them up to tell them, and promptly got hit with about a £30 premium hike. I questioned it, and they just waffled some crud about being a higher risk in a new/different car. To be honest, I'm a lot more careful in my new pride and joy, so if anything the premium should go down! Honestly, I think they just make it up as they go. I can't see them decreasing the premium next year just because I'll have owned the car for a year by then........

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia Grand Sport

Trim : SRI VX-LINE NAV

Engine : 1.5T (165)

Year : 2018

Mileage : 37000

Quote Originally Posted by Jones-e View Post

If only.... The greatest loading on a premium, leaving aside driver claims, penalty points and convictions is where you live. Those who don't live in designated 'high-risk' areas have no idea to what extent.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information