Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : vauxhall signum

Trim : elite

Engine : z32se

Year : 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Caveman_nige View Post
    the Mitsubishi turbos for the saab are bolt on, TD04 from other cars don't fit.. You can go to other turbos from other makes but you would need a different custom manifold and a custom downpipe plus a custom map from somebody who really knows what they were doing and also bigger 630cc injectors with a new loom plus a bigger 255lph walbro fuel pump..

I had the 16T with bigger 255lph fuel pump, 3" stainless downpipe and 100cpi sportcat, 630cc injectors and loom, a big Maptun intercooler and a Maptun remap.. And lots of smiles....
    Ye man I bet, I got a vx magazine here and there is a section on vectra c members who went for a dyno day, a guy with td04, forge intercooler, 630cc injectors 3" exhaust and he hit 300bhp...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra c

Trim : Sri edition 100

Engine : 2.0t

Year : 2003

Mileage : 72k

Hi yeah I had the whole engine out wish I'd done this then lol this is my weekend job to get it running have the Sri edition 100 looks like green injectors on there are they different? How much power was ur car putting out? Sounds like Impreza power......

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia

Trim : Elite

Engine : 1.6T SIDI Petrol

Year : 2014

i never got mine properly dyno'd after all the mods were completed, i was pretty much a work in progress between Maptun and I.. I modified the turbo even further in the end to get more power.. As no vec or signum owner had modded their 2.0 turbo that far before i allowed mine to be a guinea pig and signed a disclaimer to that effect, it had a modified saab aero map custom map for it.. At its best I would have put it around 290bhp.. I had it dyno'd at 260bhp just after the 16T turbo was fitted but before it was modified further and running on the first untested map, on that test i also had a massive boost leak and standard intercoolerl, but we were after some figures that I needed to send to Maptun for a further map tweaks etc..

My car was written off a few years ago now, the engine mods (other than the Maptun intercooler) are now fitted to another very happy forum members car. From what I understand he Is enjoying them a lot, i don't think he has dyno'd it himself, he just really enjoys the power that it throws at him...

As for Imprezas, i only ever had one that was willing to go up against me (i didn't make it a point of choosing scoobies either as i slaughtered a few S3 amongst others as well), my signum ate this scoody for breakfast and he would not even acknowledge me afterwards... All wings and stupid loud exhaust, what they call 'all show and no go', they did nothing for him...
    Last edited by Caveman_nige; 27th June 2015 at 11:05.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Signum

Engine : Z20NET

Year : 2006

Mileage : MC 87000

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra c

Trim : Sri edition 100

Engine : 2.0t

Year : 2003

Mileage : 72k

You musta cried a bit when car was written off well guna tackle this turbo am sure I'll be here for more advice would you also block of the dump valve on turbo and put a bov on system elsewhere purely for the sound for me lol or would you leave it. Fmic will be a future mod Iv already looked and thought it looks tight in there how was yours mounted?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia

Engine : 1.6T SIDI Petrol

Year : 2014

Quote Originally Posted by joker View Post
    why bother, with 14T turbo the 381cc injectors will do all thats required... if you go for bigger turbos and need a bigger fuel pump then go straight up to 630cc injectors... the LEH is not a saab engine and was not as good as the NET anyway.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra 1.9CDTI

Trim : SRI

Engine : 1.9

Year : 2005

Im in the market for a Z20net, and I'm looking for the green/grey 381cc injectors but only ones i appear to be able to find are the 630cc one on eBay,

And while I'm here, will the standard turbo from an 04 reg be fine with the 381cc injectors?

Sorry to jump on peoples threads, just didn't feel it was worthy of a new one

TIA

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : vauxhall signum

Trim : elite

Engine : z32se

Year : 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Vectrac-1.9 View Post
    Im in the market for a Z20net, and I'm looking for the green/grey 381cc injectors but only ones i appear to be able to find are the 630cc one on eBay,

And while I'm here, will the standard turbo from an 04 reg be fine with the 381cc injectors?

TIA
    Probably better if you pm nige for this kind of info

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia Tourer

Engine : 2.0 CDTI (160ps)

Year : 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Vectrac-1.9 View Post

TIA
    381cc injectors will over-fuel the engine without a map to run them correctly and you won't see the benefit anyway with the standard Garret turbo on an '04 car. If you're not going to upgrade the turbo, don't upgrade the injectors it won't need them, just get a stage one map done.

Also if you do go down the road of upgrades and decide to go all out and fit the 630cc injectors you need a new wiring loom for them made up as the connection plugs are different, the green 381cc ones click straight in to the standard loom.
    "Doing a good job here is like wetting your pants in a dark suit, you get a warm feeling but nobody else notices"
    Maptun Tuned 2.0T Estate - click HERE for mods list.
    Brentwood 2012: Winner, Saturday Show. Hull 2012: Winner, Best Estate. Hull 2013: Winner, Best Estate & Runner Up, Best I.C.E

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra 1.9CDTI

Trim : SRI

Engine : 1.9

Year : 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Ian-Highlander View Post
    381cc injectors will over-fuel the engine without a map to run them correctly and you won't see the benefit anyway with the standard Garret turbo on an '04 car. If you're not going to upgrade the turbo, don't upgrade the injectors it won't need them, just get a stage one map done.

Also if you do go down the road of upgrades and decide to go all out and fit the 630cc injectors you need a new wiring loom for them made up as the connection plugs are different, the green 381cc ones click straight in to the standard loom.
    Thanks for the reply, If that's the case I would definitely want to upgrade the turbo, after a bit of reading up I've came across the TD04L-14T mentioned a bit, is that the turbo to use? I would more than likely stage 1 map it first, buy the bits I want fit them at the same time and map it again

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information