0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C 1.8 VVT

Trim : Exclusiv

Engine : 1.8 VVT

Year : 2007

I ordered a thermostat from them on 29th January with next day delivery. 15 days later still not here. I have been told "it will be there today", for the 3rd time. We will see.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia Tourer

Trim : Elite

Engine : 2.0 CDTI (160ps)

Year : 2010

Quote Originally Posted by manmaths View Post
    I ordered a thermostat from them on 29th January with next day delivery. 15 days later still not here. I have been told "it will be there today", for the 3rd time. We will see.
    Extremely unusual from my experience. I ordered a non-stock coolant hose for mine last week and it was here within 4 days despite them having to order it in. That's been my experience with them whenever I've used them. That said however, they're their own company and we are not responsible for any issues you may have with them of course.
    "Doing a good job here is like wetting your pants in a dark suit, you get a warm feeling but nobody else notices"
    Maptun Tuned 2.0T Estate - click HERE for mods list.
    Brentwood 2012: Winner, Saturday Show. Hull 2012: Winner, Best Estate. Hull 2013: Winner, Best Estate & Runner Up, Best I.C.E

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : SRi

Engine : CDTI 150

Year : 2006

Mileage : 103000

I ordered the Z19DTH under-engine cover damping mat on Sunday at 11:40pm, despite being special order and there seemingly being none in the UK, it arrived today packaged well enough to survive a nuclear bomb and at a significantly lower price than direct from Vauxhall.

Top marks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C 1.8 VVT

Trim : Exclusiv

Engine : 1.8 VVT

Year : 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Ian-Highlander View Post
    Extremely unusual from my experience. I ordered a non-stock coolant hose for mine last week and it was here within 4 days despite them having to order it in. That's been my experience with them whenever I've used them. That said however, they're their own company and we are not responsible for any issues you may have with them of course.

I've no reason to believe it's a common occurrence. I deal with suppliers and carriers from time to time in my own job so I know how difficult it can be. Once they dispatch the item it's out of their hands figuratively and literally.

Anyway, I arrived home from work to find it waiting for me. It was just frustrating to have missed 2 weekends in a row that I could have done the job. I will be fitting it in the morning.

Everyone I spoke to at Autovaux seemed reasonable and the stat was well packaged. I will give them another try in the future.

Nathan

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : Sri/Cloth

Engine : 1.8

I too ordered a thermostat for my 1.8 vvt last sunday with 2-3 day delivery. By the middle of Thursday it was a no show. I emailed them and they told me that they were out of stock but some had just come in and they would ship one to me next day delivery before 1pm. It was supposed to be delivered to my work address and i had booked off the friday anyway so i'm not sure if it actually arrived. I will know Monday. I also confirmed my discount status with them (being a member of Vec-c) but was still charged full price on the stat. An oversite, maybe?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Important note:

We keep getting Autovaux discount applications through with no membership number on them and in a lot of cases using different email addresses to the one registered here. This makes it impossible for us to verify if you are a full member on here or not.

Applications like this will be declined (and have been being). Please make sure your membership number is on the application or you contact me to verify it if you have issues on the Autovaux site.
    "Doing a good job here is like wetting your pants in a dark suit, you get a warm feeling but nobody else notices"
    Brentwood 2012: Winner, Saturday Show. Hull 2012: Winner, Best Estate. Hull 2013: Winner, Best Estate & Runner Up, Best I.C.E

Ex Vec-C Admin & Founder Graeme's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I have to say I have used them the first time for an online order and am very impressed. Ordered set of mudflaps on Monday night at 11pm with standard delivery and they arrived at my work before lunch on Wednesday superbly packaged.
    Even more impressive for me though was with another item. I ordered a vaccum reservoir for the boost solenoid on the insignia and had an e mail to say Vauxhall had stopped selling the part so they would give me a full refund or if I could wait 7 -10 days they had sourced the part from an opel dealer in Europe and could get it for me at no extra cost.
    First rate service and I will definately be using them for all my parts going forward.

Huge thanks and credit to Ian and the Admin lads for sorting the discounts.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Signum

Trim : Design

Engine : 2.8

Wish I'd known about this discount the other day, my bits arrived earlier today, again great service.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Hi

How much discount do members get? Is it a percentage of the total cost or is it worked out another way?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by welshhuw View Post
    Hi

How much discount do members get? Is it a percentage of the total cost or is it worked out another way?

Thanks
    Varies entirely on the product, there is no set scale as Autovaux's prices are good anyway. In general it's equivalent to trade prices or better on most things, but not all. Sorry I can't be any clearer than that. They've just signed up as professional traders on here too so watch for them plying their wares in their own traders forum soon.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information