Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Rant - Sorry

Their are some ****** inconsiderate people in this world.

Last night went shopping with our 6 week old Girl. Every one of the parent and child places was taken up. so had to park in a tight space than made it difficult to get here out of the car.

I wouldn't mind if all the spots where taken up by genuine people with toddlers and babies. But as usual this wasn't the case.

We spotted 4 men who came back to their car jump in and drove off. Not a child in sight. Cheekily they had car seats in the back so if anyone had passed the car they would have thought that they where parked legitamately.

To say I wasn't impressed was a understatement.

Next time I spot them I'll be having words ....I may even create a few flyers to put on their windscreens.

Feel better now I've got that off my chest.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

feel for you mate, must be real difficult trying to load and unload a baby into the car without being able to fully open your door.

definitely have words next time.

or just block them in and go do a shop!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I had something similar a few years back with my nipper, no parent and child, so I went towards the back of the carpark and parked across 2 spaces.

Coming back to the car 2 lads got out of a Nova and commented out loud about the parking on my car, they obviously didn't realise it was mine. so I shouted back to them that I could have parked properly and whacked their doors with the pod and my door.

They soon scurried off feeling a bit foolish.

I also hate it when...

All the disabled bays are full and the people with disabled badges use the parent and child !!!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Jaguar XF 3.0D V6

Trim : Black

Engine : 3.0D V6

Year : 0000

No one is commiting either a moving traffic or parking offence at these supermarket spaces. These spaces are not a right, but a benefit when available. Same with the disabled spaces. I confess to using them when all the other bays are full, and only disabled bays are empty. (which happens a lot as there are so many disabled bays at my local Asda).
    Why should I not use them when there are always some free and 'normal' parking is full?

I have twins, when they were small it was even more difficult.

Anyway, I go shopping with my mother now, she's in her 60's and she can park legitimately in the parent and child bays now. lol

I once had a moan at the customer services desk. The queues for the normal tills were long and as they had just served a chap in a wheel chair, I moved in behind him. They refused to serve me. I then complained that I was being discriminated against because I was able bodied. The wheel chairs can easily pass through the normal tills, he just couldn't be bothered to wait. I thought that what is good enough for him, was good enough for me. WRONG, WRONG, WRONG.

Why does society pander to the minority and disregard the majority? Positive discrimination is just as bad as negative discrimination.

Maybe I had a bad day.

Rant over....

Have a good day !

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : saab 95

Engine : 2.3t

Year : 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Ste View Post
    No one is commiting either a moving traffic or parking offence at these supermarket spaces. These spaces are not a right, but a benefit when available. Same with the disabled spaces. I confess to using them when all the other bays are full, and only disabled bays are empty. (which happens a lot as there are so many disabled bays at my local Asda).
    Why should I not use them when there are always some free and 'normal' parking is full?

Anyway, I go shopping with my mother now, she's in her 60's and she can park legitimately in the parent and child bays now. lol

I once had a moan at the customer services desk. The queues for the normal tills were long and as they had just served a chap in a wheel chair, I moved in behind him. They refused to serve me. I then complained that I was being discriminated against because I was able bodied. The wheel chairs can easily pass through the normal tills, he just couldn't be bothered to wait. I thought that what is good enough for him, was good enough for me. WRONG, WRONG, WRONG.

Why does society pander to the minority and disregard the majority? Positive discrimination is just as bad as negative discrimination.

Maybe I had a bad day.

Rant over....

Have a good day !
    i been to ASDA a lot they seem to enforce there parking bays but tesco seem to be a free for all i have the same problem and trying to squeeze thru a narrow gap to pull your 15 month kid thru is not on .

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

how did people ever manage before parent & child bays? You might have to park a bit further away and walk but In the scale of things its not really a big deal, imo not worth getting into an argument with someone over a space, you dont want to be setting that kind of an example in front of your kids and you never know what kind of idiot your arguing with. They might come back and damage your car / be a knife wielding loony / or just be abusive and leave you totally stressed. Relax and park somewhere else and explain to your kids (if old enough) that there are some selfish inconsiderate people about - but you are better than that.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Audii A3 Sportback

Trim : S Line Black Edition

Engine : 2.0 Diesel

Year : 2011

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Ste View Post

Maybe I had a bad day.

Rant over....

Have a good day !
    My favourite is bank machines that are sited so low in shopping centres and some banks, 99.9% of the users have to almost kneel to use them!

I must admit, I would like to see a total ban on children (and old people) from supermarkets (and all other shops) except for weekday mornings and then allow those that work to enjoy the shops during weekday evenings and weekends.

This system would mean that the the parent and child spaces can be used in the evenings & weekends by people like me who resent having to park miles away from the door of the supermarket or shop that we want to visit.

Furthermore, supermarkets should have one way aisles to help avoid
    trolley congestion.

I think I should go into politics!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra cdti estate

Trim : Get a

Engine : Dirty diesel

Year : 2006

even worse than the spaces being used by childless morons is when they cant be arsed to walk the 20 yards to put the flaming trolley back in the bay and leave it in a right stupid place as to nearly hitting your car, i had a go at a couple in tesco's about 3 wks ago as they were in a van in the parent spots and also left the trolley a foot from my door so i couldnt even open it properly as we pulled up to park, all i got was a mouth full of abuse from the woman and the bloke just hid himself...

bring back £1.00 deposit trolleys to all supermarkets and enforce the use of bays for the correct people with the threat of clamping

rant over now
    Midlands Mod Shop - NFFC.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Try Tesco's in Thurrock - the disabled bays are full of chavved up old Nova's and beemers, with not a sticker in sight

An attempt to complain about it a couple of years ago with my disabled mother in law resulted in threats of violence and considerable bad language in front of said mother in law. What a society...........

Had to wheel mother in law a considerable distance after parking where there was a space to get her our of the car

Tesco's simply do nothing. At least Asda Colchester attempt to control the situation, but you get a better class of chav in Colchester anyway (the slammed Nova is only 5 years old)

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I have an easy solution to all these supermarket car parking tales of woe.

Do your shopping online and let people like me deliver it for you

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information