User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Pics of my new car - collected Saturday.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Pics of my new car - collected Saturday.

Well following on from this thread http://www.vectra-c.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14425 I have been far too busy with work to get anything more done on my garage especially with the winter weather and short daylight so the Uno is still in the container awaiting it's assessment as to restoration feasability.
    The upside of all the work has enabled me to take a large shortcut to the end product.

Absolutely loving it The guy I bought it off spent thousands on it and it is the nicest example I have seen in years. Standard looking but with Koni suspension all round, poly bushed all round, and a very fit engine and gearbox out of a Mk2 Turbo. Engine is mint and reportedly was dyno'd at around 150bhp. In a car weighing less than half weight of a Vectra it goes like the proverbial. Can't stop grinning every time I take it out. And the best bit is it qualifies for classic car insurance so even though my NCD is on the GSi it only cost me £156 fully comp.

It will also be appearing on ITV1 sometime around August as the previous owner was contacted by a film company making a series reconstructing real incidents following a Collision Investigation Unit around and they wanted a white Uno. He went all the way down to Exeter to do the filming and reckons the series is going to be called Crash or something similar.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thats awesome Rich, I very nearly bought one years ago but I noticed a v.small hole in the inner wing and walked away. Thats a fine example though, small cars, relatively big BHP = massive grin. I used to have so much fun a 1.1 fiesta cos the handling was so poor you could slide and scare yourself silly. How are they for parts these days?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I used to have the under 1000cc model in the same colour and it was great on fuel, never locked it and never worried about parking it anywhere. That looks a VERY fine example

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Hi Ian, you're right you can't beat a little pocket rocket to make you smile. Bits aren't too bad to get hold of and I make a point of checking ebay all the time so I don't miss any bargains - picking up a tailgate in the morning from North Duffield won for 99p as the one on the other car has been de-locked and I wanted to return to standard., Also picked up a brand new genuine Fiat radiator for £22 delivered and various leccy window switched etc for just a few pence to have in reserve. Panels are available for them so you can keep them nice if you spend the money. Hopefully this shouldn't need much to keep it spot on as I don't plan to ever sell it. Just a few little jobs to do such as a few dashboard bulbs, tighten up wing mirror, replace soft gearbox mounting with new one which I have ready to go on.

You can take it for a quick blast at the next Yorkshire meet if you like mate, but it will only be coming out to play if the weather is nice

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Wow, I bet that shifts.

Nice car mate.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by ion View Post
    Wow, I bet that shifts.

Nice car mate.
    Just a bit , there is certainly a rather arrogant 330i Beemer driver around these ere parts that will think twice about trying to bully a 20 y/o funny little white Fiat box out of the way on the dual carriageway. Must have felt a right prat with his bit of totty sat next to him as I dialled up warp factor 5 and disappeared towards the horizon Wicked I know but I just couldn't help it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Originally posted by richardg3.2
    It will also be appearing on ITV1 sometime around August as the previous owner was contacted by a film company making a series reconstructing real incidents following a Collision Investigation Unit around and they wanted a white Uno. He went all the way down to Exeter to do the filming and reckons the series is going to be called Crash or something similar.
    Series will be called Crash and is due to be screened around Aug/Sept time.
    The documentary follows the Collision investigators of the Devon & Cornwall Police Traffic Unit. A prize to the first Vec C member who spots me on it!
    And it is a very nice Uno Turbo.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Cheers Sonic - only got to try and remember for 5 months to watch it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

hope ya dont mind me asking but what sort of money are these little pocket rockets making???

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

A very low mileage one went the other week on ebay for over £3k. Not many about so pricing is a bit difficult. I bought a restoration project a few months ago for £200 but this is in storage until my garage is built I can assess what condition it is in. I paid £1500 for this one and it is in exceptionally good nick especially for a 19 y/o Fiat.

Thread Information