User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

View Poll Results: Have you had any warranty work done on your car....

Voters
382. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - Fixed without any hassle.

185 48.43%
  • Yes - Fixed after a lot of visits/pressure

103 26.96%
  • No - It goes like a dream (Touch Wood)

94 24.61%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Common Faults.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

i had the misted up front fog lights,
    took it back once they said they had got a new one in, ' fixed ' it and sent me home , 2 dayz later it was misted again, phoned em up and they said to bring it right in as they have one ' on the shelf ' , me thinks it was the one they should have fitted to my car in the first place,

all done n dusted now, nice clear front fogs,

also got the water runnin into the boot when opening the tailgate in my Signum tho, need to fix that , but the howto on here doesnt realy explain what to do, or am i being stoopid ?

i do have one electrical glitch,, the rear passenger window will global open with the remote, but will not go back up by pressing the button on the drivers control panel, only the button on the rear door its self will make it go back up, however, if i use the drivers door button to drop it , it will work fine from there after, just seems to be a remote fob opening problem ???

BB

Ex Vec-C Admin / Founder Duncan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Brake buster
    also got the water runnin into the boot when opening the tailgate in my Signum tho, need to fix that , but the howto on here doesnt realy explain what to do, or am i being stoopid?
    If you're meaning this thread, it's not a How To as such. That section contains problems known to Vx that they have provided fixes for and will perform under warranty. The water dripping into from the tailgate on a Signum is one of them.

All you have to do is complain to your dealer and they do the fix under warranty. If they look at you blankly when you mention it, or give some bull**** that there's nothing they can do - just quote the Field Remedy number and watch them as they a) wonder how the hell you know that info and b) scurry off to their computer to look it up!!!

HTH

D

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

i had a 52 plate elegance 1.8 (lovely car but sooooo slow!), i took it back as the dash electrics went really weird one day, speedo was pulsing etc, they fixed ti no probs. I think they did something with a plug and socket somewhere? I bet now your thinking thanks mate im really glad i read that!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Saab 95

Trim : Vector Sport

Engine : 1.9 TiD

Year : 2007

When my car was in for its 1st year service (2 months ago), the service manager notified me of slight play in the front tie rods & said they would replace them free under warranty

Booked it in for 2 weeks later & they fixed it no probs !

I never actually noticed any difference, but it was good of them anyway

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Hi guys

Just had mine into Vx due to both the Steering wheel symbol with the Exclamation mark and the ESP light being on. Told I have a steering pump failure and something to do with the Traction Control. Mine is an '03 3.2 and so far I have had the Radiator done, the Springs done, The Fogs are going back in for their second change, The rear shocks were done (Irmscher ones as well) and two tyres done when the shocks failed. All this has been done under warranty, with little or no hassle and a free 40,000 service when i complained about the tyre wear when the shocks failed. Anyone in the area should use C D Bramall at York, they are excellent. C D Bramall at wakefield were terrible. The tailgate has yet to shed water into the boot but there is time. Currently on 56,500 miles.

Rich

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Was at the dealer at the weekend back axle wynning front n/s creak when brake pedal depressed at very slow speeds.A couple of hrs later and a phone call they could not find a fault with the back axle? The n/s front brake prob brakes need deglazed basicly cleaned plus they wanted to fit 2 new tyres to the motor.******** picked the car back up with out getting shafted by the dealer i bought the car from to be told £87.00 plus vat for them pointing faults out.Did not pay this and walked out of the dealership a very unhappy man, any advice on this matter would be welcome am f////// raging

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

They can't charge you without your authority, tell em to get stuffed mate, did you ask them to point the faults out?

L.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

As said above cavester they could not find the faults i told them about. But told me the 2 front tyres nedded replaced in the next few weeks. Brakes deglazed ******** its just the dealership trying to make more money from me

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

do they repace bulbs under warranty? headlights are poor

Ex Vec-C Admin / Founder Duncan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

No, bulbs not under warranty. Poor lights are due to headlight design - can be helped a bit with aftermarket bulbs. Have a search - there are a few headlight related threads.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information