Thread: Vauxhall Quality??!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Aleco View Post
    I've got the same as you Addyboy, an ex company car with relatively high miles (104000). I thought buying ex-company would give me reliability as the majority are maintained to a high standard, I guess I've just been unlucky with mine so far.
    Anyway I feel a lot better having got my rant off my chest!
    I just can't decide whether to percevere with the car or cut my losses and run.
    Hold on!! I just read all the messages on this thread........... I think that a car with 104000 on the clock is going to have slightly different reliability traits than a car with only 10400 miles. I really think that to whinge about things breaking on a car of this mileage is pushing it a little bit too far, no matter how the car was driven before.

Come on, give Vauxhall a chance, please ....

Agree about the generally useless dealers, but I never got better service from Audi either.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Aleco has stirred up a hornets nest! But if you look at the What Car site and see what people say about Mondeo's, Passat's and the like and then compare those comments with the grumbles about Vectra's, it appears the others more than enough problems compared with the Vectra.
    As regards getting parts at Vx dealers, why don't people just hand over their car pass at the counter? I've always got the right part doing that.
    DenisCB

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

[quote=G.O'Rilla;256610]Hold on!! I just read all the messages on this thread........... I think that a car with 104000 on the clock is going to have slightly different reliability traits than a car with only 10400 miles. I really think that to whinge about things breaking on a car of this mileage is pushing it a little bit too far, no matter how the car was driven before.

Ehh?! I couldn't disagree more. A modern car should be capable of more than 100k miles without a major drama, this isn't the 70's where a ford X-flow would be knackered after 80,000 miles. I accept that there will greater maintenance demands of a high mileage car but to have the list of faults and issues that I have suffered with my Vec-C is not good.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Heres a different view point.
    Simply because we drive Vauxhall's and talk about them and there faults, doesn't make them ad cars. I work in a the motor trade and I see far worse coming through the door on a daily basis. Yes Vauxhalls have got there faults, but so to has any make or model. from where I sit, build quality, reliability and price makes it a good package.
    Try driving a Mondeo 2.2 duratech with a dash that lights up a like a space ship night.
    Bottom line it's personal choice.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information