Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Triple eight re-map failed

B***er & a**e...!
    I went to their factory last Friday for my re-map on my Signum 150 cdti, and while things didn't go well (entirely down to my car) Tony was very persistant with trying to get it to behave.

What has come out of this is my ECU can be very difficult for Tech2 to gain data from. Ten attempts to read it no less! It also refused to take a standard program by way of a check before software arrived back.

I also recall several other things about my ECU in the recent past...my bluetooth kit keeps dropping it's connection with my handset.

Whenever Tech2 is plugged in I seem to loose all my DAB presets (but not FM).

My local garage had a bit of bother a couple of weeks ago resetting my service light - cleared the display manually in the end (not sure if tech2 is showing service timer reset or not).

Also T8 reported problems with high and low speed CanBus.

ECU seems to generate mumerous fault codes which come and go .

I'll be speaking to my dealer Monday as motor is under warranty.

As a foot note, first class service from Triple Eight. They are coming to me to Map my car when ECU is OK, and they are happy to talk to my dealer about the issues they had.

Anyone else have any pearls of wisdom to offer apart from speaking to main dealer?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by apr68; 11th March 2007 at 21:10.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Will it be best not to mention triple 8 when you speak to them due to warranty issues they may say its void due to attempted re-mapping. Just a thought fella.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vauxhall

Trim : Astra gtc vxr

Engine : 2.0 turbo

Year : 2014

would agree with above comments mate do not mention triple8 when you log complaint just tell them the electrics seem temperamental and you want them checked out

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Fair advice gentlemen, thank you.

I have in fact outlined the situation to them (not imparted the fact that I was there for a remap). I am not sure how interested they are in delving into the depths of ECU's as they never seem willing to take on fixing a fault unless something is hanging off the car. I watched the tech. fail to reset my service lights, then he got rid of it by using a button press sequence as detailed in the handbooks. I think they need somebody who is familiar with tech2 to tell them in their language what is going on.

When it comes down to ECU issues garages sometimes don't want the bother if you don't have any lights on the dash glaring at you. The approach of 'if I cant see it I can't look for it or fix it' is what usually gets fed back to the owner. They are frightened of incurring cost when it comes to this sort of thing...

I am supposing (maybe not fairly I admit) that T8's knowledge and use of a diagnostic tool might stretch beyond that of my dealership.

I am also hoping that an attempted read will not invalidate the warranty.
    Last edited by apr68; 11th March 2007 at 22:33.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

i had a problem many years ago with a 2.2 vec c ....loads a faults when tech two plugged in and some times wouldnt chat to the car and so on same as you mention here ...the fix was to remove the dab system every time techh 2 was plugged in ..vx and opel have had a few cars throw hissy fits with the dab system in .(not a common problem and only when tech 2 pluged in)....dont know how your gonna get on with it removed as it is a later car and the canbus system uses the radio to chat to the engine ecu .. but do try it ..............also is the power sterring system ok as the can bus system uses this as its wire run to the ecu, if the pas isnt working usally the cars wont run / start but if the wiring was a little losse or coroded may give wrong can bus readings ...hope this sheds some light onto your problem .........benny

Ex Vec-C Admin & Founder Bainie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

This is a bit of a catch 22, though 888 is a reputable company and will offer you warranty once the map is in, you have a faulty part (the ecu) . the only way to prove this could invalidate the warranty, and they could refuse to replace the ecu ?? I would ask 888 exactly what to say to your dealerthey will have a better idea what you are allowed to do. You can get a car serviced outwith your dealer now so you could say that you were getting a service at 888 and they could not read the ecu and have told you it is faulty perhaps ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Progress has been made. The garage are happy to have a look at the car, if there is no fault found a small charge may apply - happy with that. They have also spoken to Triple 8 and gained an insight as to the symptoms. I spoke to the tech today at the garage and it may well be as Benny suggested...the DAB radio (as fed back by Vauxhall). Going to have a full diagnostic system check all the same and determine if this is the case. No issues with warranty, and they know I was there for a re-map if things had behaved. I don't know what their stance will be after the re-map, but up to this point its all very sensible.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vauxhall

Trim : very

Engine : Z19DTH

Year : Nosey

Sounds like 888 are less keen to just have a go after bu**ering mine up so badly.

I wouldn't get your hopes up of Vx fixing it, in reality they know very little about the bits that go into their cars. Fact is, they are just selling someone else's cars with their badge on it. 888 had to drag mine to Luton to have a new ECU reprogramed to the car just to get it going again. Never even got an explination of why?!

If I didn't know better, I would have though Vx got their software from Micros...(don't want any legal issues there do we)

Thread Information