0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Opel Vectra GTS

Trim : Elegance

Engine : 2.2 DTi 16V

Year : 2003

Mileage : 75 000

Nice car, and nicely attended...

I found the the 2.0 DTi is quite swift at low rpm, much more than my 2.2 DTi, and accelerates smoother (but the 2.2 has more grunt after the turbo begins to blow seriously )

It could probably be tuned to get more guts at higher rpm and more torque overall (the Vectra is still much heavier than my wife's former 2.0 DTi Zafira A).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : SRI

Engine : 2.2 Direct

Year : 2006

Mileage : 84,000

The low down grunt is really impressive I must say, but it does lack at the higher range, where you would expect there to be a bit more behind the boost, but you can really feel the weight. A friend of mine had an astra with this engine in it and it was damn quick, but it would be in a lighter car
    I'm more interested in getting the inside/outside sorted to how I want and keeping her in fine mechanical health than I am about getting too much more poke really, well, at least at the moment anyway!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

The Zafira's weight is probably between the Astra and the Vectra, but I cold feel the same lack at high RPM already.

I think it's easily sorted out with a powerbox, or even better, with a remap.

A remap is impossible for me here, but the powerbox is very efficient, and the huge torque gain makes it very pleasant to drive, not even talking bout dropping fuel consumption down by 20%...

You should seriously consider it, it's even more worth it considering your engine is almost indestructible and won't suffer from added stress. You may seriously consider fitting silicone turbo hoses and an uprated clutch, though.

On the exterior side, the first important easthetic mod you should consider would be to get rid of the ugly orange indicators... SRi side repeaters (or home-made smoke tint - there aren't much legal restrictions there), silver coated bulbs, and for the tail lights, it's up to your tastes : either SRi smoked (only the indicators, to be used with silver coated bulbs, of course) ones, or maybe some LED all smoked ones ?

The rest is more a question of shapes (many other models to borrow from : Signum, Opel... and aftermarket : Irmscher, Steinmetz, FK, Lexmaul), tastes and budget, and is much less prominent than those orange lighthouses !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

The orange tops are gonna be gone soon I hope, will have to see what postie wants for his clear topped ones, they would look quite good, certainly better than the orange!
    Looking at window tints for the rear and SRI bumpers (front and back) and side skirts too, before I look at lowering, but will need bigger wheels before I lower it.

Just out of interest, what power box do you have?
    I've seen the DTUK ones, but haven't seen or heard much feedback on them.
    Silicone hoses are gonna have to be ordered soon as on of the current ones has a tiny leak at the jubilee clip just at the front of the engine

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : insignia vxr

Trim : vxr

Engine : 2.8 turbo

Year : 61

Mileage : 38000

Quote Originally Posted by CLUB04 View Post
    The orange tops are gonna be gone soon I hope, will have to see what postie wants for his clear topped ones, they would look quite good, certainly better than the orange!
    Looking at window tints for the rear and SRI bumpers (front and back) and side skirts too, before I look at lowering, but will need bigger wheels before I lower it.

Silicone hoses are gonna have to be ordered soon as on of the current ones has a tiny leak at the jubilee clip just at the front of the engine
    @CLUB04 are you coming to a meet soon ( you can have the tail lights for say 15 pounds ( the money is going to the h4 h fund )
    Last edited by plasma; 7th August 2014 at 18:57. Reason: Seen this and allowed as its going to H4H otherwise would of been deleted! ;)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by CLUB04 View Post
    I'bve been using a Kitpower box with settings to the max (+31%) for 6 years.

The DTUK seems more interesting as having a connection to the MAP sensor, meaning it should be able to allow for more turbo boost (unless it just monitors intake pressure to fuel more precisely, I don't know, they're rather numb on technical details )

Beware, fitting a powerbox on a DTi isn't a piece of cake : you have to clamp a wire to one of the short thick wires joining hte injection pump body to the embedded ECU.

A remap would still be more efficient anyway, but nobody can do it here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

@happypostie I will be at the heritage meet in Luton in October I think it is, but not sure of any others coming up that are kinda local
    £15 sounds good to me if you are happy with that and anything I can contribute to H4H is worthwhile anyways. But thank you for the offer, greatly appreciated and I will take you up on that if you are ok to hold on to them until then
    @Z80 I haven't looked much at the powerboxes, but will do now, although as you say, a remap is much more effective route.
    Gonna have to figure out what the horrible noise coming from what I think is one of the belt pully's first as the last thing I need is it going wrong on me right now.
    I'm a bit flumoxed by it at the moment as it's kinda intermittant, but it is getting worse, although I can't see anything wrong via the small gap I can see down lol
    Hoping it lasts until next weekend when I will be putting new pads on the front and will have the wheel off to get at the access panel to have a proper look

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

The belt drives the water pump, alternator and air con compressor. Fortunately, it's just an accessory belt, but if it fails (I had to replace the damper pulley that broke to pieces last year, so don't forget to check it), you'll immediately notice the temperature climbing and your battery getting empty as the fans will try to cool down the engine !

On the other hand, the timing chain is supposed to last for the engine's life, as long as it stays correctly lubricated... And it can be a VERY long life. Some 2.0 DTi engines here have gotten past 400,000 km and are still running well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Temp. on the engine has been fine and the air con working well, as is the rest of the car. No flat battery or problems/difference in starting, so nothing has gone, yet, just can't see well enough down the gap to figure out which pully it is that's 'chattering', but the noise is getting more and more constant.
    I use it daily on a 60-70 mile round trip on motorways and has been faultless so far, just don't want this to ruin it!
    Driving it carefully, but guess I won't know what pully it is until I give it a look, which I won't get time to do before I do the pads next week. I seem to have gone through a set of pads quite quickly (around 15,000 miles), but it could just me enjoying driving a little to much lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Trim : Elite

Engine : 1.9 cdti 150

Year : 2007

Mileage : 145k

DTUK boxes work very well on the dti had one on my old dti for 2 years , takes the power from 100bhp to 130bhp .

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information