Got a bunch of things planned for the car for Saturday, and possibly Sunday depending on how things go
  • Fitting new mirror housings to give me the folding mirrors mod. Reckon my door modules are the right ones as I have memory seats, so will soon find out! Housings arriving today courtesy of Andyvec.
    Will try to do a comprehensive set of pics for a How 2.
  • Fitting the new side skirt after previous one started to peel due to faulty primer from the factory.
  • Fitting new wheels.
  • Changing the 314mm grooved discs I got with my new brake kit to solid discs - prefer the solid discs. As the discs come with pads (brake kit) the grooved discs and Police spec pads will be going up for sale shortly.
  • Whilst at the GSi's workshop meet, we thought my dealer had given me the wrong OEM rear pads I had bought separately as they looked totally different (they way they were held in), so I fitted the after-market pads that came in the brake kit. The pads were correct after further checking, just a new design, so they'll be getting fitted.
  • Fitting a new rubber front lip - this one colour coded. Have always ruled out a splitter as I'll rip the bl**dy thing off on the first car park ramp/ferry ramp! with me being lowered - so this will just remove the last bit of black trim on the car.
Phew!, I think that's everything!!

Mark and Cara are coming down on Saturday for the weekend so I'm sure Mark will be getting roped in to lend a hand! Mark's bringing my new wheels, the painted lip and the new 314mm discs and pads. Well I hope he is!

I think Cara and Mrs Duncan may be hitting the shops on Saturday afternoon!

D