Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Jaguar XF 3.0D V6

Trim : Black

Engine : 3.0D V6

Year : 0000

Default Can someone help me out

I have noticed that some people refer to their Vec as 'The GSi' or 'The VXRD' or 'The SRi' or 'The 888' etc etc etc. Some even changing the colour of some characters.

Why do people do this ?? Isn't it a Vectra and not a model derivative ?

Or is it to demonstrate their additional prowess and masculinary that they have 'top' models?

I personally don't care what model of car people drive.

Comments welcome.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

sometimes it's relevant to the topic - for instance if someone is having trouble with their car you need to know what model it is in order to help

the sri and gsi are faily similar styling wise, so maybe why these are mentioned in topics.

i know these are fairly obvious things and not specifically an answer to the question you are asking.

in general, i don't think this forum is populated by people who are out to gloat about their vehicles - just show a bit of pride in the cars that they have spent alot of time and money over, whether it be fully modded or basic as chips

EDIT: Is it national bashing week?? what's the topic for tomorrow then?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

It's this kind of thing that gets me puzzled

'Well... I've manage to totally trash the VXRD over the past few days, so now we're skipping the country.... but will be back on Monday'

If I was going to post such a message, I would have simply used the word 'car' or 'vec' in stead of VXRD (and in the original post the D was red in colour)

Not a personal attack or bashing, just bemusement as to why people do this.

The above example is not intended to point at anyone in particular, it just shows what I mean. The model derivative is irrelevant to the post.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Have you not given your car a nickname? That's basically all it is. Mine was always 'The Beast'.

It's also a way for us to remember what cars everyone has, especially the more individually modified cars such as the VXRD, which is basically an Sri but you could hardly call it one now could you?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Life's too short to worry about trivia!

At the end of the day, I suppose what you call your car is down to you, If people see fit to call their car GSi, SRi, or whatever so be it.

I don't think it's oneupmanship on any part, just an alternative to the words 'Vectra' or 'Car'.

Mine had quite a few 'alternative' nicknames over the course of last year, thankfully none of them has stuck!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

VXRD is a name spoons has given to his car. and most people on here know the car as "The VXRD".
    i dont think people are tryin to say my cars better etc, its just a quick way of tellin people what car it is, as Harry said, which could be relevant to the post.
    its also a quick and simple way to name ure car as alot of people do.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

It saves time looking at peoples public profile when they express what they are sometime's doing to there own car and using there own terms such as GSi or VXRD. My avatar is posted everytime i place a post but iam not bosting about having a top of the range model. It's just part of the forum and like Harry said i don't think it's done in a toffee nose type style.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I don't spend much time worrying about it ! I just wondered and the answer seems to have been given, so thanks.
    No, I don't call my car anything, never have. It's a car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I agree that to the average man-in-the-street the Vectra is a Vectra and most owners consider them as a tool to get from A to B. The idea of visiting a forum to chat about their cars is about as alien to them as a sewing machine forum would be to us.

Apologies to any closet sewing machine fanatics.

Our presence on this forum indicates an interest in Vectra as a hobby; some to a fanatical degree. Many members have spent a great deal of time and money modding their cars and have produced fairly unique vehicles as a result. Other members take inspiration and use the forums to plan their own mods.

Modding is all about being individual and standing out from the crowd. As such, the use of VXRD, 888 etc are highly appropriate. At the end of the day, this forum is Vectra dedicated so if we all just said ‘Vectra’ we would all loose the individuality we’ve been striving for.

Equally, the forum provides a great bank of technical knowledge and Vauxhall experience, and any Vectra driver (enthusiast or otherwise) is welcome, whether they’re seeking some basic technical information for their workhorse or pursuing the ultimate modding project.

As long as we all appreciate and understand each others aims and desires then we can all co-habit here in peace and harmony.

BTW, anyone seeking the chance for instant Vectra VXRD individuality had better get in touch with Marshall’s of Leicester Vauxhall while Matt’s old car is still available.

Ex Vec-C Admin & Founder Bainie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I don`t know if I refer to mine as the vxr, the vec, the vectra or indeed the car, never thought about it, if I do call it the vxr it isn`t to gloat, just a figure of speech, as the vxrd is, Spoons is proud of the vxrd and so he should be, and it is a forum with a lot of enthusiasts on it so doesn`t look odd to me ?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information