User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: advice please (1.8 vvti sri estate)

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default advice please (1.8 vvti sri estate)

hi,
    just bought a 06 vectra estate and am having a few problems which i am hoping someone might be able to help me with.
    to start with i have filled the tank twice now and kept and eye on the fuel economy which is averaging at 21mpg??? i have read some other posts on the site and people are reporting avg's of 35 -40 mpg, does any one know what could be wrong as the man at perry's vauxhall said there's nothing anyone can do, it just does what it does but i cant see this to be true! some thing must be wrong?????? i haven't been hammering it either! i have been trying to get the mpg above 25 (which is still rubbish) by driving like a pensioner but still stays around 21-22?
    could the problem be the air flow meter as i read that some one had theirs replaced but theirs was recalled. any help would be so highly appriciated.

also, i am involved in an ongoing battle with vauxhall about a kind of rattle in through the clutch pedal when engaing/disenaging the clutch. this mainly happens tho which setting off with higher revs eg. hill starts. it makes a scratching/rattling noise and feel but vauxhall had a whole day and found NO FAULT. i took it to a back street garage and the mechanic got in, kept the hand brake on and within a minute said its probably a problem with the dual mass fly wheel?? so, armed with this knowledge i headed back down to vx. they didn't want to know and after some heated conversations ive got it booked in tomorrow to get re-assessed but ive got a feeling that they gonna say the same as before. what can i do??? if they dont agree with me im stuch with a hefty bill to get it fixed. do i complain straight to vx themselfs instead of thu perry's?
    i also took it to another vx dealers in the next town and alas the mechanic did here and feel my problem but said it was normal and it was the engine mounts or something. said that the engine shakes when engaing gear and so shakes and this is normal but its NOT NORMAL and really annoying when driving around all day. if any one has any advice on what i can do with either of my problems then PLEASE HELP ME.
    thaks in advanced.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Cant help much other thn saying my 06 VVTi SRi estate averages 30-35MPG. 21MPG seems very low, there must be a problem.
    And it certainly doesnt vibrate when pulling away. So as for it being normal...Cobblers!
    If I was you I would go to Vauxhall UK, if your cars less than 12 months old then its their warranty, the dealer warranty kicks in on years 2&3.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thumbs up

i think i might have a air flow meter problem because after tinkering with it today i managed to get from 21 mpg to 25 mpg!!!! not a great difference but its a start. also managed to get vx to authorise my local dealers to look into my clutch/flywheel problem a bit closer so my car is booked in for its box off in 2 weeks. thank god. i know they will find a fault as the problem is getting worse!
    thanks for the reply.

Thread Information