User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's the largest AH battery type I can fit in my 3.2 ?

North West - Assistant RO Woody's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C 3.2 Elite Estate Auto Facelifted

Trim : Elite with loads of "Extras"

Engine : 3.2 Z32SE

Year : 2004

Mileage : 94,000

Thanks Ian, much appreciated

I'm a bit confussed over whether to get a 90ah Bosch with a CCA of 720 or an 85ah Varta like yours LOL

Numbers numbers numbers

I guess the cold cranking might be more of an issue for countries with longer harder winters than the UK whereas the higher AH rating would mean I could leave the car for longer with just the ECU's drawing minimal current before the battery died although if it's a case of the battery going flat over 12 days instead of 11, then it makes no difference if you are away on a fortnights holiday, ie the battery is still going to be flat

So, on reflection, then, both the 85ah and the 90ah will allow me to play the radio for half an hour without leaving me with a flat battery when I try to restart it LOL

Anyone got anything to add to that ? Size - Well BlueEstate has got his clamped on the side, I guess it's too long a battery to fit on the other clamp, and Ian's battery size is showing as 175x315 so that should fit either way. So the only question left about the Bosch, is whether it is actually too tall at 190, but BlueEstate says his fits ?

Price for the Bosch is £75 (3 year guarantee) and for the Varta is £73.50 (5 year guarantee)

I'm coming around to thinking Varta now
    Last edited by Woody; 10th February 2014 at 11:55.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia Tourer

Trim : Elite

Engine : 2.0 CDTI (160ps)

Year : 2010

I spent ages looking for the biggest I could find (rating wise) that would physically fit correctly in the battery tray. The Varta one fits perfectly, lines up against the end stop on it's last notch, clamps perfectly on the side clamp and is the right height
    "Doing a good job here is like wetting your pants in a dark suit, you get a warm feeling but nobody else notices"
    Maptun Tuned 2.0T Estate - click HERE for mods list.
    Brentwood 2012: Winner, Saturday Show. Hull 2012: Winner, Best Estate. Hull 2013: Winner, Best Estate & Runner Up, Best I.C.E

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I can see that you certainly did your homework there Ian, very useful but thinking about it, I wouldn't have expected anything else from you

Cheers matey

Battery test lined up for 2pm so will then have to make my mind up (assuming it is crackered)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : Sri

Engine : 2.2 direct

How did you get on with the battery test ?

currently I'm using one of these and it's more than sufficient http://www.eurocarparts.com/mobile/e...8f27419&000020

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Owens View Post
    How did you get on with the battery test ?

currently I'm using one of these and it's more than sufficient http://www.eurocarparts.com/mobile/e...8f27419&000020
    I can't get that link to bring anything up mate, just a cut down menu, but no details of product or anything ?

What I have since worked out from all the answers to my original question is that the type 110 format battery is the largest that the Vectra-C/Signum battery cage is capable of carrying using the existing battery clamps. Also, that this seems to be available from Bosch, Varta, Yuasa and probably others in a 5 year guarantee product with a 800amps CCA, and a 85ah capacity. Lesser life/guarantee batteries in this format also seem to be available, but I was looking for the largest battery that will physically fit, and bolt in with the existing battery clamps, and also offer the maximum battery capacity.

So, unless anyone knows different, this is the "spec"

Anyway, to answer your question, Halford's Bosch/Yuasa battery tester told me there was nothing "wrong" with either my battery, starter motor, or alternator , so, I am back to stage 1 and have to hope that it doesn't die on me again before I find out the real issue.

BUT, for anyone wanting to know the information, essentially, @Ian-Highlander did all the "legwork" but may not have realised that several brands have the same spec battery on offer

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C Facelift

Trim : Elite

Engine : 1.9Cdti 150

Year : 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    I can't get that link to bring anything up mate, just a cut down menu, but no details of product or anything ?

What I have since worked out from all the answers to my original question is that the type 110 format battery is the largest that the Vectra-C/Signum battery cage is capable of carrying using the existing battery clamps. Also, that this seems to be available from Bosch, Varta, Yuasa and probably others in a 5 year guarantee product with a 800amps CCA, and a 85ah capacity. Lesser life/guarantee batteries in this format also seem to be available, but I was looking for the largest battery that will physically fit, and bolt in with the existing battery clamps, and also offer the maximum battery capacity.

So, unless anyone knows different, this is the "spec"

Anyway, to answer your question, Halford's Bosch/Yuasa battery tester told me there was nothing "wrong" with either my battery, starter motor, or alternator , so, I am back to stage 1 and have to hope that it doesn't die on me again before I find out the real issue.

BUT, for anyone wanting to know the information, essentially, @Ian-Highlander did all the "legwork" but may not have realised that several brands have the same spec battery on offer
    I fitted the Bosch 110 to the wifes siggy and it starts really well the car tries to rotate around the starter Motor lol its a 2.0Dti with 117k
    Its was a bit of a pig to start at times with the old battery but never fails now even after it has stood for 10 days.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Signum

Trim : Exclusiv

Engine : 2.2i Direct

Year : 2006

How do you remove the spacer/stop thing in the base of the battery box please?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : Cosmo

Engine : Z19DTH

Year : 2006

Mileage : 100000

Can anyone tell me will original battery bag fit type 110 battery? I'm currently on dying 74Ah which I plan to change with 85Ah.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Inovator View Post
    Can anyone tell me will original battery bag fit type 110 battery? I'm currently on dying 74Ah which I plan to change with 85Ah.
    I had an 096 battery in my 3.2 and the Vx battery cover was a snug fit so I doubt that it would fit a bigger battery.

HTH

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information