Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Been told off.

Went to bed last night, laying there trying to sleep, all of a sudden, I get a funny 'fluttering' feeling in my chest. Thought nothing of it.

This morning woke up, felt really groggy, had a shave and shower, drove to work. On the journey, I felt uncomfortable and didn't really feel that I was concentrating on what I was doing. Got into the office, felt horrible. Got told to go home. Went home, felt better. Popped down the stealers to see if there were any XP Estates there - no. Went to the post office to get the Tax, stood in the que for an age while the bunch of idiots in front of me pratted about, felt myself feel horrible again.

Been to the doctors this afternoon, been told it was a 'warning'. Cut out carp food, cut out caffiene, CUT OUT STRESS!! Apparently my blood pressure is high too. Those of you that know me may find that as surprising as I have. I never in a million years thought that would happen to me. Been told not to return to work this week and keep monitoring if it happens again. I'm going back in on Thursday. Then we may be onto blood tests. This is bad news as I nearly fainted during a first aid course and was sent home from that!!!

So there you have it. I'm taking it as a 'sort your self out man'. Going to eat the right stuff, Excersise and basically, look after myself. I do not have a medical record as such. The Doctor had only seen me with Sharon for her operations, so really If it can happen to me, then it can happen to anyone.

spoons

Woa.... just noticed your age - 28 years old...

OK, I'm 40 this year, so would expect this sort of thing to be creeping into my life about now...

Sorry, was just a bit surprised at your age. (a mear kid !!)

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra Estate

Trim : Elite

Engine : 3.2 V6

Year : 04

Mileage : 000

I have a mate who is so laid back it is unbelivable, yet he has high blood pressure.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by spoons View Post
    Woa.... just noticed your age - 28 years old..

That's exactly the point.

Still can't really believe it.

High Blood pressure doesn't really worry me too much as it's kind of come through the generations. For example, My 81 year old Nan has been in and out of hospital for it for years. At the moment hers is about 250 over something. I guess we're just freaks of nature that way!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Signum

Year : 05

Been there m8, I had 6 weeks off in September with stress and was told to change my job. I had a load of tests 12 months ago as i was having chest pains etc. That was put down to stress too.
    So last week i started a new job, feel much more relaxed now Life is too short so make it as comfortable as you can. Think of the family as well m8.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

At 38, that's one reason I started to go to a gym six months ago. I was turning into a vegetable. I've found a really good, friendly one that's not full of wannabe Arnies looking in mirrors.

I've lost a stone and feel really good (even lost my manboobs...which can't be bad )

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew's SRi View Post

Been to the doctors this afternoon, been told it was a 'warning'. Cut out carp food, cut out caffiene, CUT OUT STRESS!!

glad you found out before its too late...but i have too ask
    what is carp food? do you keep fish?

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Signum

Year : 05

Quote Originally Posted by leeandjude View Post
    what is carp food?
    the swear filter won't allow the word he want's m8 rearrange the R and A

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew's SRi View Post
    Went to bed last night, laying there trying to sleep, all of a sudden, I get a funny 'fluttering' feeling in my chest. Thought nothing of it.

This morning woke up, felt really groggy, had a shave and shower, drove to work. On the journey, I felt uncomfortable and didn't really feel that I was concentrating on what I was doing. Got into the office, felt horrible. Got told to go home. Went home, felt better. Popped down the stealers to see if there were any XP Estates there - no. Went to the post office to get the Tax, stood in the que for an age while the bunch of idiots in front of me pratted about, felt myself feel horrible again.

Been to the doctors this afternoon, been told it was a 'warning'. Cut out carp food, cut out caffiene, CUT OUT STRESS!! Apparently my blood pressure is high too. Those of you that know me may find that as surprising as I have. I never in a million years thought that would happen to me. Been told not to return to work this week and keep monitoring if it happens again. I'm going back in on Thursday. Then we may be onto blood tests. This is bad news as I nearly fainted during a first aid course and was sent home from that!!!

So there you have it. I'm taking it as a 'sort your self out man'. Going to eat the right stuff, Excersise and basically, look after myself. I do not have a medical record as such. The Doctor had only seen me with Sharon for her operations, so really If it can happen to me, then it can happen to anyone.
    I can sympathise mate, I got exactly the same problem, had it for years (the fluttering). Its just heart palpitations and if you look on NHS Direct its perfectly normal for some people to have them. My blood pressure has been a bit high over the years also, but its not too bad at the min (bought one of the home monitor things). As the doc said, cut out the caffine and try and take it easy.
    Also, cut down on the beer. A mate of mine a few years ago went down the docs with chest pains. 2 different docs told him to cut down on the drinking and that stopped the chest pains.
    Also, as (like me) you dont cope with medical things too well, you may suffer from a little anxiety which doesnt help either.
    Just take it easssyyyy!!!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I had exactly the same, so I went to the doctors last week. Had blood taken and was told that I was in a very dangerous zone as far as my cholesterol readings were concerned. Iím now on pills for life (statins), with strict orders on what I can eat and what I canít eat, exercise every day, give up smoking etc. Was very scary to be told I was in the heart attack zone! And just to make you feel better, Iím 25ÖÖ

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information