User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  757
Likes Likes:  7,461
Page 1234 of 1237 FirstFirst ... 23473411341184122412321233123412351236 ... LastLast
Results 12,331 to 12,340 of 12361

Thread: What did you do to your Vectra/Signum today?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : Design

Engine : 1.8 VVT

Year : 2007

Mileage : ... 252K!

Been having a rumble for a while now from front O/S. Changed the hub ( well it had done 252K ) a couple of weeks ago but still doing it. Today fitted another driveshaft, and it's sorted. Odd - it wasn't knocking, but the outer CV does not feel good now it's off

2. Likes Dog_Book, watchman, northpole, Vwdub2000 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C

Trim : Life

Engine : Z19DT

Year : 07

Quote Originally Posted by JagRigger View Post
    Today fitted another driveshaft, and it's sorted.
    I think I need new hubs and shaft. How much did that set you back?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : Design

Engine : 1.8 VVT

Year : 2007

Mileage : ... 252K!

Quote Originally Posted by Drogen24 View Post
    With the age of the car now, i went second hand. One from a late car in good external condition set me back £20. If it lasts a couple of years I’m happy with that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by JagRigger View Post
    With the age of the car now, i went second hand. One from a late car in good external condition set me back £20. If it lasts a couple of years I’m happy with that.
    Probably a good shout. I've found brand new hubs using eBay's current promotion for £75, saw drive shafts for another £100 but second hand if probably the best bet

Midlands - Vxr Owning Dick Dog_Book's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra Estate

Trim : VXR

Engine : Z28NEH

Quote Originally Posted by Drogen24 View Post
    Shaft price won’t matter as yours are different, only the hubs are the same. See my info on oem FAG ones from ecp.
    Vectra VXR estate 2007 Sapphire Black
    Teapot Tuned 255/300
    Eibachs B8's, fully loaded factory options

Tech2 & MDI diagnostics + SPS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Trim : SXI limited edition

Engine : 2.0 16v DTI

Year : 2003

Mileage : 140000

so not my own car but an Astra H with a 1.6 vvt Z16xer engine.... one of my neighbours sons came on the door yesterday saying his car went to ****... had a quick look found that the PCV valve was blocked... and since the darn thing is part of the cam cover (which is plastic) you have to remove the whole cover to actually get access to the thing to unblock it...

did that and as soon as i saw the state of the engine, i told him to go grab an engine flush and some 5w40 full synthetic oil... the 5w30 that was in there had literally started to cause sludge in every corner of the head... i dreaded what it had done to the rest of the engine... well went to remove the oil filter (it's a paper one like on the diesel engines) well that was so old it actually broke while removing the cap off it... so that took me a good half hour to get it all out, the oil that came out was in such a bad state i would never ever tell anyone to put 5w30 in their cars again... this is now the 5th car i have replaced the oil on and all of them had the same problem with 5w30... it causes a lot of sludge for no reason other than it being the wrong type of oil for the car... (well to me it is and all the owners that i changed the oil for are amazed at how much their cars have gained power, so it's not a placebo effect)

anyway i drilled a few holes in the oem PCV valve to sort the stupid designed thing out for 4 ever... but he needs to replace his alternator as the car on idle keeps dipping... turn on the interoir lights and they dip with the revs... I'll soon be out with the Multimeter to see if i am correct.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

and i was correct the power keeps fluctuating between 9.0v and 14.6 volts... regulator busted... told him the bad news, and handed him his car back... he should be able to replace the alternator himself he also has a stuck open thermostat so he'll have to buy a new one of those too... and an outside temperature sensor and it's cable as that is cut on his (but since he wants to put on a new bumper i told him to get one with the lot on including the foglights that'll sort the car to a decent standard)

9. Likes Dog_Book, watchman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vec C sw

Trim : xx

Engine : Z19DTH

Year : 2008

Installed new windshield myself. 90€ for the windshield and 50€ for suction pads, glass glue, primer, knives. Job well done.

11.jpg22.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Missus wrote off her/my other car so now mine's the only car and doing the school runs so chucked a Wynns eXtreme clean in the tank and pumped up the tyres.

Will be taking the suspension apart again tomorrow as the clunk's come back and I need to get to the bottom of the heavy steering as it's getting worse.

12. Likes northpole liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

yesterday helped my neighbor replace the alternator, F-er was still skeptical, than took the car for a spin and said it is alright the light is out but it still feels a bit sluggish... I asked him what he expected since the car has been running on treacle instead of oil, and that the one oil flush i ran for double the amount of time clearly wasn't enough to clear the system out completely... so said to him, listen mate, drive around for a while so the new oil can get the rest of your components lubricated enough so they'll start working like they should, than well do another oil flush again, and put in fresh oil and filter. also you still need to get a new outside temperature sensor, a thermostat, and new brake disks and pads all round before your car is back to normal... I suggest you start saving up to get the last bits done first instead of moaning... buying a cheap car that has been SORN for at least 3 years means you bought someone's headache car... it won't be as it should until you do everything that needs to be done... and with your brakes being the way they are, well you don't want to be speeding anyway... change them asap... including the other bits.. as right now your engine is cooling to much and that isn't helping the new oil do it's job either.

the only thing i like about his car is that it actually picked up the fact that his thermostat is stuck open and logged a DTC... my half canbus pre-facelift doesn't do that.

But hey i did my good deed for the day yet again... today there is a smart forfour on the list of getting checked and possibly sorted.... I should start charging people for this

14. Likes Vwdub2000, vauxlover123 liked this post
Page 1234 of 1237 FirstFirst ... 23473411341184122412321233123412351236 ... LastLast

Thread Information