User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  22
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NL57 NKF Vectra SRI Estate 1.9 CDTi auto. Did this belong to anyone on here?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vauxhall Astra-J

Trim : Elite

Engine : 2.0 CDTi

Year : 2013

Default NL57 NKF Vectra SRI Estate 1.9 CDTi auto. Did this belong to anyone on here?

Saw this Vectra being bought on YouTube yesterday for £1200, and later advertised it for £3295

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vauxhall Vectra C

Trim : SXI

Engine : 1.8

Year : 2003

Sounds like a typical dealer markup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : 2007 Opel Vectra C 3.0 V6 CDTI

Trim : Cosmo

Engine : Z30DT Isuzu DMAX V6

Year : 2007

Mileage : 250000 km

High Peak Autos videos. I generally find his videos light entertainment. TBF he sells these things for a profit. Buys them, cleans them, fix whatever that can be fixed on a very low budget, and says something more or less like "That could be a 3 grand car!" He is also doing courses on the used car trade business. He's more of a salesman than a petrol-head.

4. Likes vauxlover123 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C Saloon( sadly died at age 20 due to a hart attack)

Trim : SXI limited edition

Engine : 2.0 16v DTI

Mileage : 140000

yeah he buys cars to sell on at a profit and makes an extra income from people watching his youtube videos... so he sells the cars on at a serious profit while also making a profit during the repairs as people watch him fix certain problems they might have with the same model car.... I wouldn't buy a car from him period, there are a few more people that do the same on social media and not one of them i would buy a car from.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : opel

Trim : signum

Engine : z20net

Mileage : 120000 mi

2000k markup? wtf? did he change clutch, done all the suspension and paint the car for that kind of markup?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : 2007 Opel Vectra C 3.0 V6 CDTI

Trim : Cosmo

Engine : Z30DT Isuzu DMAX V6

Mileage : 250000 km

Quote Originally Posted by northpole View Post
    yeah he buys cars to sell on at a profit and makes an extra income from people watching his youtube videos... so he sells the cars on at a serious profit while also making a profit during the repairs as people watch him fix certain problems they might have with the same model car.... I wouldn't buy a car from him period, there are a few more people that do the same on social media and not one of them i would buy a car from.
    yeah honestly I agree. I wouldn’t buy anything from him either if I were living in the UK, but I would say that watching his videos kind of thought me of the way that dealers think and it also taught me that essentially all of them are trying to get the most profit out of you, so you kinda have to walk into the whole situation of buying a car really with your head screwed on tight. would say the best benefit of watching his videos is that now I know in the future the next time that I buy a used car, I would probably not spend as much and I would really be looking for a good deal. Basically, I would buy a used car the way that I think a car seller would buy a used car. I would really think about if I can buy that car for cheap and ask myself can I fix it up cheap and get it good for driving and stuff like this. basically I would have a better eye of how to look for a deal and I think I would put myself in less of a position to be a sucker because I say all this because I recently bought my first used car and that’s the Vectra V6 CDTI and genuinely I feel like the problems that it has, you know with the CIM module and the swirl flap, I don’t know if I would’ve spent €2800 on it to be quite honest. I think now that I overpaid, but I’m not sure. I just know that if I have to do a lot of this kind of work, which is not the most straightforward, I probably would’ve paid less not to mention the CIM problem didn’t even show up until a day or two after I left the dealer, so I don’t even know what that’s about to be quite honest. had I been smarter I could’ve dodged a bullet but we all make mistakes and we all learn from them. I’m not gonna change what happened. I have no time machine, but overall I think that next time, I would be looking for a much better deal becuase the deals are out there. I would not trust any dealer because I now know for certain that they’re trying to make a profit at all costs, so they’re trying to make a profit at my expense essentially. you know these guys are selling cars and they’re not even fully testing the car; you ask them what’s wrong they don’t even know what’s wrong with it. it’s not a good situation actually, but if you watch video like this, you basically learn how to think like a seller and you see the car business through a sellers eyes and you know what they are up to. You know what they are trying to do. you get to know your enemy.

8. Likes northpole, horaa liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vauxhall Astra-J

Trim : Elite

Engine : 2.0 CDTi

Year : 2013

He doesn't always make a profit. A lot of his videos he barely breaks even once he's paid his "mechanic" and Jimmy the Magician.

Some of the mechanical stuff I'm sure he could tackle himself. Matt is a bit like Mike Brewer - i.e. likes being in front of the camera, but doesn't like getting his hands dirty.

Also obsessed with wanting to change number plates

10. Likes northpole, horaa, Kill_Rill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Like all wheelerdealers I used to do it with a mate but we had one rule.. not one car is sold at a loss. We always managed to eek out a profit. Mostly 500 to 600 pounds minus the money spend on parts... but after the last car took me over 2 months to fix i called it a day. It was a golf mk1 gti convertible... engine gearbox and suspension where shot and needed a complete rebuild, than we redid the complete interior... and because we could added some really rare mods like the votex midconsole with the 3 analogue gauges, a full retrimmed recaro interior, heated seats, electric windows, electric powersteering... than it went up for sale people.kept moaning about the paintwork... it got completely resprayed in the oem colour, clear headlights, clear/red rear lights and a brand new roof. Oem BBS refurbished with Michelin rain sports. And the total price of all that without the time I spend doing all the mechanical stuff ? Over 3500 that was without the price of the car another 1100 ontop. And in the end my mate gave it away to charity... (ofcourse he did tax deduction galore!) What the car was actually worth after all that? A good old 6 to 7k. He should have sold it.

But as I pulled out he saw it fit to not even consider giving me something for all the hardwork of getting the car mechanically sorted.

Mweh I now fix cars mostly for myself. Don't even think of selling them at a profit as long as they serve me well.

12. Likes horaa, Big Dave, Kill_Rill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : opel

Trim : signum

Engine : z20net

Mileage : 120000 mi

I used to be a car dealer for a small period of time. In romania it doesn't worth buying cars and fixing them if they are already registered in romania. Noone will ring or even come to see it but if it's fresh from another country and is junk you will get calls but honestly for me is not worth the time unless you have a stock of 20-30 cars and i am not that rich, under 10 years old import cars are selling the best because of loan sharks banks, it still amazes me why people wanna buy a 6k car and pay to the banks 13k+ in under 5 years. The profit margin is too small to risk it especially since idi0ts don't like to buy fixed cars, they want to buy broken cars, drive them for 2-3 months then fix them for more money. On my old astra that was mechanically immaculate, not a single speck of rust noone called and it had a full 7 years worth of invoices. In the last 2-3 years the car got a new clutch kit(dmf aswell), gearbox rebuilt, new alternator( denso or delphi wich was the OEM one and it was like 200 euros fitted 2 months prior...), full bushings front and rear(those were very expensive especially since they were OEM), new front struts kit, one new oem headlight(almost 600 euros at that time), timing kit, new accesories belt rollers and tensioner, new front bumper(also OEM) sold it for scrap price(1500 euros) to the first person who came to see it. I know i lost a bunch of money by selling it but in the end i did a good deed because the dude was orphan, working 12-14 hours a day and his old golf 3 was a pile of rust. I told him that he needs to buy a new a/c compressor clutch soon, tires after a year and a egr clean or just replace it(i wasn't gonna clean it since i was selling the car for way less than it was worth). So here i am, honestly i don't even want to buy another car because for me it's too much stress.
    1. i can't find a vectra or signum 2.0 petrol turbo in romania that is worth buying
    2. there aren't any mechanics
    3. they ask too much for a car
    4. this car in germany now sells for 4-7k and again, i ain't gonna pay that much, i would rather just walk for days

14. Likes northpole, Kill_Rill, Big Dave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

And that is the reason why I ended up buying the audi... I needed an estate to carry the that is now always in the boot. And not one vectra c with an engine I wanted came up for sale... so audi it was I walked for 3 weeks, since the engine seized on the veccy.. it wasn't a good time.

16. Likes horaa liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information