Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Headlight beam too high after reinstalling the headlight leveling motor

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Question Headlight beam too high after reinstalling the headlight leveling motor

Hi all,

a few days ago I removed the headlight leveling motor from the right headlight and then I mounted it back but now the right high beam is way too high - it aims at about 60 degrees upwards.

I've obviously made some mistake when reinstaliing the motor and I was trying to find the instructions how it should be done but coudn't find any.

What is the correct way of mounting the headligh leveling motor?

Here is the picture of the part that I removed and then installed it back.

Vectra C 2.0 2002
    Y 20 DTH
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C Saloon( sadly died at age 20 due to a hart attack)

Trim : SXI limited edition

Engine : 2.0 16v DTI

Year : 2003

Mileage : 140000

put the light switch level to 0, than open the back of the the dipped beam, and by hand pull the dipped beam assembley up as far as it'll let you. than check it again you'll probably need to re-adjust the beam hight. but it won't be shining up 60 degrees higher... once you'r done with the dipped beam check the high beam too as once you moved one the other likes to move with it. adjust as needed. call it a day. ##the motors only fit in the housing one way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : Design

Engine : 1.8 VVT ( No2 ! )

Year : 2007

Mileage : ... 293 k

The ball engages in a 'clip' like you putting your thumb and forefinger together. Bet it hasn't clicked in but is pushing against the clip. You may need to restrain the bulb carrier with some wire or similar to keep it in position while you refit it. ( My new headlights came with no motors and had a restraint fitted )

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C Saloon( sadly died at age 20 due to a hart attack)

Trim : SXI limited edition

Engine : 2.0 16v DTI

Year : 2003

Mileage : 140000

if he didn't feel or hear it click than you'd be right but, with the preface headlights you can put in a lightbulb and unknowingly move the dipped and high beam up or down... and no it has nothing to do with them being old it's just how they are made, a constant pressure is enough to move them. ( which happens when putting on the dipped beam bulb or high beam bulb as the securing ring needs to be pushed in and latches behind those clips) I found that out the hardway but you can manually put them back where they should be by applying some pressure upwards on the back of the lamp socket(to bring the lot down) or upwards (to bring the lot up) pushing left or right on them doesn't really do anthing (I tried)

Thread Information