User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  753
Likes Likes:  7,265
Page 1217 of 1222 FirstFirst ... 21771711171167120712151216121712181219 ... LastLast
Results 12,161 to 12,170 of 12214

Thread: What did you do to your Vectra/Signum today?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra VXR x2

Trim : VXR

Engine : 28NEH

Year : 07

Mileage : 74,600

Was it this one

https://www.saabits.com/all/saab-9-3...nverter-gasket

I can’t remember.
    ​​​VECTRA VXR‘s BOTH TEAPOT TUNED WITH A LITTLE OLD DOGGIE TWEAK.
    TECH2WIN AND GDS2 2021 DIAGNOSTICS.
    PIN RETRIEVAL FROM SOME MODULES.

2. Likes northpole liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra c estate

Trim : Life

Engine : 1.8

Year : 2007

It started with the headlights but I had to give the car once over with polishing machine aka my drill.I have a few rust spots to take care of. It is expensive journey.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

4. Likes Dog_Book, northpole, watchman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C

Trim : SXI limited edition

Engine : 2.0 16v DTI

Year : 2003

Mileage : 140000

so I just replaced the leak-off pipes on mine as they were long overdue... they actually had a date stamped on them and i could trace the date of fabrication back to 2002 ( so they used old stock to put them together since my car left the factory in late 03)... I wondered why the car always had this hard cold start on normal temperatures days (with a nice big old white smoke screen for less than a second), or hard starts when left parked up for a about 4 hours... simply because the old leak-off pipes had seen better days... I just bought the right diameter standard diesel leak-off 1m pipe and cut to size as needed than replaced the lot.

i didn't take any pictures of the offending old ones but they had cracked everywhere, rubber rubbed through in certain parts but sealed nicely on their connectors and t-splitters. and because the outer top bits(that are visible) seemed to be in good nick i never looked at replacing them, but realizing that when it was cold the car would start within a few seconds i knew it was just the fuel running back to the tank.

It also makes the car respond more direct to the throttle position, so all in all it was more than worth replacing them. and i won't see no more grey cloud of smoke on a cold start, or after 4 hours of it parked up.
    Last edited by northpole; 22nd June 2021 at 13:11.

6. Likes Vwdub2000, Aero liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra c estate

Trim : Life

Year : 2007

Less talk more action, started the rust repairs. @newboy respect to you it is hard.,

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

8. Likes northpole, Dog_Book, new boy liked this post
    East Midlands - Regional Organiser new boy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : INSIGNIA

Trim : SRI

Engine : 2.0

Year : 11

[QUOTE=Vwdub2000;2533288]Less talk more action, started the rust repairs. @newboy respect to you it is hard.,

Just take youre time dont rush 90% of the finished result is in the prep.

10. Thanks Vwdub2000 thanked for this post
    Likes Vwdub2000 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Trim : GTS

Year : 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Castiel View Post
    The painting will be the real test.
    Got the final coat of clear on her today. Just have to wait for it all to "settle".

Overall I'm happy enough with the outcome. It could have been better, but I learned a few things and the end result is 100 times better than the poo show i had before.

I made some rookie mistake, because I'm a rookie, but I also had to fight a loosing battle given my location. I blocked off the garage, and while I done my best, dust and other particulates were always going to be a problem and perhaps some still got in. Luckily it was minimal and while I've yet to take it into daylight it seems it landed when primer, paint, and clearcoat was dry (to the touch) so 99% seemed to wipe off without any issues.

Mistakes I made:

• Could have better prepared the area I blocked off to make it more "air secure/tight".
    • Not checking the weather in advance (the last two clear coats were tacky after 30 minutes due to drop in temp, rise in humidity, but easily solved with garage heater being left on)
    • Missed one or two spots (almost unnoticeable) when sanding the primer. Luckily the clear plastic primer was fairly smooth, but it doesn't half show up through the black paint when you know where to look. Others that checked couldn't see them.
    • Should have given more care to the number plate area. It's going to be covered I know, but given how well the rest came out I realise I rubbed my backside against that particular area.

Still the whole job has taken 7 days (9 if you allow for me leaving the bumper to fully cure over the weekend). Mostly spending a few hours each evening. If I were to do it again I'd dedicate a (long) weekend to it (allowing for drying overnight) and try cut that to 4 days.

Total cost was €128 (£110).

• Primer - €28 (1ltr tin and have 500ml left)
    • Paint - €48 (500ml colour code matched)
    • Clearcoat & hardener - €42 (1ltr & 500ml tins of which 700ml & 350ml remain)

All other items I already had so not bad considering local quotes started at €320 (£275+) and went Northwards from there.

Lastly @northpole, the lip didn't turn out quite as good as I hoped, but I think its far better than it was and is now a blended black instead of faded, badly marked, black/grey. So thanks for the suggestion on trying to match it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

12. Likes Vwdub2000, davoc220, northpole, Aero, Dog_Book liked this post
    VIP-Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Engine : Diesel 150 bhp

Nice work mate, you'll need to post a pic of it back on the car.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

14. Thanks Castiel thanked for this post
    VIP-Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by northpole View Post
    so I just replaced the leak-off pipes on mine as they were long overdue... they actually had a date stamped on them and i could trace the date of fabrication back to 2002 ( so they used old stock to put them together since my car left the factory in late 03)... I wondered why the car always had this hard cold start on normal temperatures days (with a nice big old white smoke screen for less than a second), or hard starts when left parked up for a about 4 hours... simply because the old leak-off pipes had seen better days... I just bought the right diameter standard diesel leak-off 1m pipe and cut to size as needed than replaced the lot.

i didn't take any pictures of the offending old ones but they had cracked everywhere, rubber rubbed through in certain parts but sealed nicely on their connectors and t-splitters. and because the outer top bits(that are visible) seemed to be in good nick i never looked at replacing them, but realizing that when it was cold the car would start within a few seconds i knew it was just the fuel running back to the tank.

It also makes the car respond more direct to the throttle position, so all in all it was more than worth replacing them. and i won't see no more grey cloud of smoke on a cold start, or after 4 hours of it parked up.
    I did not know about this, I have this issue too. Is there a thread with more info or can you take a pic of these hoses?

Apologies for being completely useless.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Trim : SXI limited edition

Engine : 2.0 16v DTI

Year : 2003

Mileage : 140000

mate i have DTI so probably not a problem on yours with yours being a CDTI but if you want to see the leak off pipe stuff i got here is a link
    in your case you might want to make sure the injector seats aren't leaking... (another thing that can cause this)
    Last edited by northpole; 25th June 2021 at 08:27.

17. Likes Aero liked this post
    VIP-Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by northpole View Post
    mate i have DTI so probably not a problem on yours with yours being a CDTI but if you want to see the leak off pipe stuff i got here is a link
    Thanks mate, your kidding, i have the exact same thing white smoke on inital startup

Page 1217 of 1222 FirstFirst ... 21771711171167120712151216121712181219 ... LastLast

Thread Information