User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  766
Likes Likes:  7,877
Page 1263 of 1264 FirstFirst ... 2637631163121312531261126212631264 LastLast
Results 12,621 to 12,630 of 12636

Thread: What did you do to your Vectra/Signum today?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : opel

Trim : signum

Engine : z20net

Year : 2007

Mileage : 120000 mi

Damn those are some big brakes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C Saloon

Trim : SXI limited edition

Engine : 2.0 16v DTI

Year : 2003

Mileage : 140000

gave the car a needed clean up and half clean out... removed a load of stuff out of the boot that didn't need to be in it also... but most importantly I sorted out the marks left on the leather seats made by the boxes i removed from my storage unit(don't ask but i removed 30 years of stuff) and binned most of it... anyway in doing so i managed to damage the leather seats, just sliding marks that i just sorted out it just means i can't drive anywhere for the next 7 hours... didn't plan to go anywhere so it's fine.. than tomorrow i can finally hoover the carpet and wash the mats out as they are filthy. Will use a steam leaner on that and probably give the liner on the bonnet a stream clean first to than do the engine bay too...

I hate working on a dirty engine let alone driving a dirty car.. tires aren't dressed yet either.. something for tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C

Trim : SW

Engine : Z19DTH

Year : 2008

..forget to mention, that i created a one minute special tool for not breaking my fingers by opening or closing the pita drain plug.
    be free to copy the design

IMG_20220612_122755_copy.jpg

IMG_20220612_122803_copy.jpg

IMG_20220612_122833_copy.jpg

greets

4. Likes watchman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

That's for the coolant radiator plug? If yes when i flushed the coolant i removed the turbo hose since it's staying in one screw clip ( i don't know their name in english but i know it's a funny one)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra c estate

Trim : Life

Engine : 1.8

I have finally received the part , a brand new pipe fitted after 20 minutes of messing about. The bushes on the car need refreshing for a better steering feel. I managed to change wishbones definitely the originals and popped drive shaft in the process wee drop gearbox oil . Rust as usual * All good on to the next.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

7. Likes Dog_Book, horaa, watchman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Started to remove the old tint since the netherland tint is illegal in romania. A big bummer, lots of elbow grease for removing the trims and the old glue and now it looks like ****. I already talked to the tinters but they won't remove the tint from the windows because it's too much work for them and for sure they won't remove the hatch window tint since they will rip the defroster, maybe i'll get more luck, i really wish i had a steamer but i'll use the clothes iron instead. That being said, i started removing the tint, clean the surface for new legal tint next week. Without tint the car looks like crap even tho the glasses are already 70% transparency but that's not enough for me, i want more on the rear windows because all of my cars had factory rear windows tints.
    Bonus pic: average fuel consumption +1.5-2 liters for LPG
    PS: in the back you can see the astra mk6 not being happy
    IMG_0473.jpg
    IMG_0470.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-06-13 at 9.11.25 PM (1).jpg
    IMG_0474.jpg
    IMG_0477.jpg

Midlands - Vxr Owning Dick Dog_Book's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra Estate

Trim : VXR

Engine : Z28NEH

Year : 07

Yesterday removed and cleaned up and locktited the NSFR strut drop link nut as it was loose and knocking

Don’t ask, it was gunned up the other week and I hung off it with a spanner.
    Last edited by Dog_Book; 15th June 2022 at 23:55.
    Vectra VXR estate 2007 Sapphire Black
    Teapot Tuned 255/300
    Eibachs B8's, fully loaded factory options

Tech2 & MDI diagnostics + SPS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

2 days ago, removed the remaining tints, cleaned the windows as best as i could, there is some tint left on the driver's glass since i was already tired of scrubbing the residue and removing door panels. There is like 25% glue left on the rear hatch, gave the headlights a small sloppy fast polish because they started to shed above the turn signal, just for the MOT as i will have them tinted with clear tint maybe in a few weeks.
    Today the car passed the MOT with flying colors, the inspector was amazed by the car overall mechanical feel, the difference between wheel brakes are within 1-3% wich is better than like 90% of the cars according to him. Even he was happy about the car, they don't get that unique cars very often and he really loved the smoothness of the engine. The only thing they mentioned was the rear crankshaft seal leak but they noticed that my temporary plates will expire soon so they gave me a pass since they know it will get fixed soon anyway. They also complained why i didn't have LPG stickers in the windshield , this is the 3rd car with lpg, the other 2 didn't have lpg stickers and there was no issue with that so i glued the 2 lpg stickers just to have something to peel off .
    PS: i managed to remove the hatch tint without breaking the defroster, or at least not at first glance, we will see if it will defrost in the winter or not
    PPS: the car looks very ugly without the tint, i really need to get the rear tinted or replace the glass on the doors and only tint the hatch but i'll see what i will do about this when i'll get a quote for the tint since used privacy glass are very cheap
    Attachment 126876
    IMG_0487.jpg
    1.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C Saloon

Trim : SXI limited edition

Engine : 2.0 16v DTI

Year : 2003

Mileage : 140000

pulled out the hoover and cleaned the carpet and mats in the car... was needed after i used it to empty my storage unit, took no pictures as i couldn't be bothered.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Today is a sad day in the history of our opel family. Don't worry, the signum is fine. There is a slightly big bigger biggest enormous problem with my mom astra h z18xe AF17 gearbox. A lovely car to drive, and that reason being in the gearbox.
    My mom went from work to a restaurant with my dad to eat after work, you know, like 2 normal human being late in their 50's enjoying the little their life has to offer. She parked the car, ate, went back to the car, the engine wasn't cranking, just ticking. You know, the normal diagnostic for a flat battery. So i jumped into my mistress signumareasa, went there, put the yato jumper cables that are rated at 600A, the car struggled to start and the engine instantly sucked the coolant when it started. The engine for sure now is dead as the dipstick is overfilled so i suspect a crankshaft issue or something internal but something big and the car being unable to crank something has seized good.
    So now here comes the 2 options.
    1. get a z18xe from junkyards, only god knows how long will that last but being a z18xe it should outlive the car, ignoring the elephant in the room
    2. repair the astra j that i had a crash back in march
    Why the 2nd option? Both cars needs about the same money invested into them. The H needs shocks, brakes, and everything related to steering except the steering rack, + engine+fee; the j needs a front end+airbags+windwscreen(this one is cheap tho), bumper, one headlight, signals, radiators, seatbelts and it should be good to go. Honestly the j is worth investing the money, newer, more features but lacks the automatic transmission and the parts are still available on the market while for the z18xe the parts are starting to fade as i found out in the winter when 2 back hoses popped and they are out of production not even afm ones can be found.
    Here's when i took the pic to brag about me helping mom to start her car. A very unlucky year, king kong ain't got sh*t on us (training day movie)
    PS: the bonnet started to rust beneath the seal line but i won't bother with it untill it's completely rusted out, also you can see how reliable that engine is based on how dirty the front end upper tie bar is
    IMG_0548.jpg

Page 1263 of 1264 FirstFirst ... 2637631163121312531261126212631264 LastLast

Thread Information