User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  794
Likes Likes:  8,479
Page 1300 of 1301 FirstFirst ... 3008001200125012901298129913001301 LastLast
Results 12,991 to 13,000 of 13002

Thread: What did you do to your Vectra/Signum today?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : opel

Trim : signum

Engine : z20net

Year : 2007

Mileage : 120000 mi

Did a oil change in the middle of the winter last week, 5 months early and 10.3k on the clock. Bitter cold, luckly it's a old car so a oil change is very quick. The usual gm dexos2 oil and mann filter.
    WhatsApp Image 2024-01-26 at 08.47.15.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-01-26 at 08.47.14.jpg

Midlands - Vxr Owning Dick Dog_Book's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra Estate

Trim : VXR

Engine : Z28NEH

Year : 07

Spent the last week cleaning up only small areas of rust and priming and painting a new used power steering line for when the subframe is dropped and lots of new parts go in
    I think a satin POR15 spray would have been easily to apply over the etch primer. But the finish although thin on sharp edges is very tough, not scratched any yet.

IMG_2011.jpgIMG_1995.jpgIMG_1997.jpgIMG_2007.jpg
    Vectra VXR estate 2007 Sapphire Black
    Teapot Tuned 255/300
    Eibachs B8's, fully loaded factory options

Tech2 & MDI diagnostics + SPS

Midlands - Vxr Owning Dick Dog_Book's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra Estate

Trim : VXR

Engine : Z28NEH

Year : 07

Finally the Halfords 200 lumen 5 yr guarantee LED side lights failed, replaced them with a less powerful but whiter one. Definitely white with no blue hue to them but still bright at night where it counts, looked a good match to the white Osram D1s.

IMG_2118.jpgIMG_2119.jpgIMG_2120.jpg
    Vectra VXR estate 2007 Sapphire Black
    Teapot Tuned 255/300
    Eibachs B8's, fully loaded factory options

Tech2 & MDI diagnostics + SPS

4. Likes northpole, horaa, watchman, NeilGo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Found a oil leak, a big one... water pump cover gasket has failed. Asked the boys the price. They said almost 30 euros. 30 euros for a pepsi can thick sheet of metal. For now i have tightened the bolts a tad more and i will just use some copper silicone instead of a metal gasket. I ain't gonna pay that much for such a small gasket...
    IMG_5243.jpg
    IMG_5244.jpg
    IMG_5246.jpg

6. Likes NeilGo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Opel Vectra

Trim : Caravan Elegance II

Engine : Z18XER

Year : 2006

Mileage : 185990

I sold the car last weekend ��
    After 3378 days and 85.419km. Fairly reliable, but I was fed up with small gremlins, rear leccy windows, connectivity and a manual gearbox.
    Sold it a friend's father, so MOT'ed it first. Well, that cost four new disc, an exhaust, rear splash guards and a new spanner for the CV joint boot.

Got a 2020 Mazda 6 Estate aut. in top trim instead. The kids are already complaining about leg room on the rear seat, but they also enjoy the heated seats, electric windows and Android Auto with Bose speakers.
    This site has been an excellent help in my various quests with the gremlins, but I'll probably be even less active in the future.

PS. Rear electric window kit for sale. PM me ��Attachment 128132
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by NielsJ; 14th May 2024 at 22:14.

8. Likes Kill_Rill, Dog_Book, horaa, watchman, NeilGo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : 2007 Opel Vectra C 3.0 V6 CDTI

Trim : Cosmo

Engine : Z30DT Isuzu DMAX V6

Mileage : 252000 km

Quote Originally Posted by NielsJ View Post
    Got a 2020 Mazda 6 Estate aut. in top trim instead. The kids are already complaining about leg room on the rear seat, but they also enjoy the heated seats, electric windows and Android Auto with Bose speakers. Attachment 128132
    How's that Mazda6? Tell us about the Mazda6. I always that generation of Mazda6 were absolutely gorgeous visually, from the exterior. They look very rich (if that makes sense). How is it to drive? What are expecting from cost of ownership? How is your Mazda6 specified, in terms of trim and equipment?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Replaced the air filter, cabin filter and spark plugs. Apparently one year is what i get out of the plugs.
    LPG annual service and MOT, passed MOT with flying colors again
    Server is very slow, especially this topic unfortunately

11. Likes Dog_Book liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

so far I'm happy with it. It's an Optimum trim line. As far as I can see it's like a Sport Nav+ in the UK, except suede leather and "real wood" in the instrument trim. Also the rear view mirror is not frameless, but it's automatic none the less. There's fancy headlights, ventilated front seats, heated rear seats, adaptive cc, HUD, and 11 Bose speakers ����
    I'm not over the moon, as there are some things that annoys me a bit.
    The A-pillar takes a lot of view, and a simple thing like lowering the windows with the keyfob (like the Vectra) is not possible. The 2nd gen 6 had that feature, but apparently not 3rd gen, unless I buy a Chinese module and install. It's only 80euros or so, but it's just stupid.
    The wipers also halt wherever they are, when turning off the engine.
    Compared to the Insignia B, I would have liked a sunroof, electric tailgate, and a swiveling hitch. The sunroof was too expensive from new, so I'd need an import to get that in the 6. There's no room for the swiveling hitch behind the bumper, and the electric tailgate is about 1000euro for an aftermarket kit. The boot lid is very easy to reach and close, so I'll skip the electric version for now.
    I've bought a Webasto parking heater instead. I had it in the Vectra and wouldn't go without. The stupid part here is, that the ECU can't figure it out if the engine is pre-heated, so it'll only heat the cabin. I feel no difference, but the mechanical engineer in me would have liked a warm engine too.

I haven't been on any "spirited rides" on the country roads yet, but despite the 225/45-19 wheels it doesn't feel as sharp in the turn in, as the 1,8 Vectra on stock springs/Monroe dampers and 215/50-17 wheels. That suprises me a bit, but I can live with it. The engine note is excellent!

I've never had Android Auto before. I do now, and some of it disappoints me, but that's not exactly Mazda's fault. The original navigation is crap for finding things. Why can't I just enter a street name, and THEN let me choose between the cities that have a street name like that? Or various shop names, and just about anything else you can think of.

From my dubious Excel sheet, expected TCO is a little higher that an equivalent Insignia, but over a period of three years, it sums up to about 1.000 euro, so that wasn't a very deciding factor.

So, still early days, but we'll probably not keep it as long as we did the Vectra (nine years), but then again, we didn't expect the Vectra to keep delivering and fullfil our needs ��

13. Likes horaa, northpole liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C Saloon( sadly died at age 20 due to a hart attack)

Trim : SXI limited edition

Engine : 2.0 16v DTI

Year : 2003

Mileage : 140000

@NielsJ if you got andriod auto you should be able to set it up to use your favorite satnav program... it's hidden in the settings... i sugget you take the time to set it up properly.

15. Thanks NielsJ thanked for this post
    Likes NielsJ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by northpole View Post
    @NielsJ if you got andriod auto you should be able to set it up to use your favorite satnav program... it's hidden in the settings... i sugget you take the time to set it up properly.
    Google Maps is excellent, I think, it's just the original Tomtom that's annoying. I have been tinkering with the setup of AA, but I'm far from finished (apparently). It requires cable, and I thought that would be just fine at first, but besides the extra window module, I'm also considering the wireless AA module

With some luck, here's the cabin
    1712646495368.jpg1712646490738.jpg

17. Likes northpole, horaa, NeilGo liked this post
Page 1300 of 1301 FirstFirst ... 3008001200125012901298129913001301 LastLast

Thread Information