User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  793
Likes Likes:  8,462
Page 1221 of 1300 FirstFirst ... 2217211121117112111219122012211222122312311271 ... LastLast
Results 12,201 to 12,210 of 12992

Thread: What did you do to your Vectra/Signum today?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C Saloon( sadly died at age 20 due to a hart attack)

Trim : SXI limited edition

Engine : 2.0 16v DTI

Year : 2003

Mileage : 140000

Today I replaced the injector seals and cleaned the intake and egr...as it was so bad the swirlflaps actually were caked in carbon and every flap was bend by the big blocks of buildup carbon soot rock formations that gathered inside the intake.

But the hard starting is a thing of the past now... starts as it should within a second. And even better no more clouds of white smoke on a cold start

So to everyone dealing with that that have already replaced the leak-off pipes... if it still does it, take the time and replace the injector seals. It's a big job but it doesn't need to any special tools if you know what you are doing. I managed to replace the seals without removing the camshaft but I got a DTI so it might be the reason why I got away without pulling the injectors all the way out as the bottom copper seal usually isn't a problem but the intermediate seal is the problem.

Anyway it took me longer to take the engine apart, cleaning the intake and all the parts that came off and getting it to start (tow started it) than replacing the offending seals. As that took minutes.

2. Likes Castiel, Dog_Book liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C

Trim : SW

Engine : Z19DTH

Year : 2008

yesterday evening/night:

picked out mr. little f*cking stoney, which was sitting between the front brake disc and the disc shield, making a horrible driving noise

4. Likes Dog_Book liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra Estate

Trim : Sri

Engine : CDTI 150

Year : 2008

Finally got around to fitting my bigger calipers/discs...not really had chance to test it properly as the pads are bedding in but certainly looks better behind the wheel!

Hampshire (Near Havant) . .Drives: Signum 1.9 CDTi
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Signum

Trim : Design

Engine : 1.9 CDTi

Year : 2005

Replaced the thermostat.

Used to go up and down between 70 and 90 when driving and using aircon etc and now it goes to 90 and doesn't move.

Midlands - Vxr Owning Dick Dog_Book's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Trim : VXR

Engine : Z28NEH

Year : 07

Exhaust centre bracket repositioned so its central, investigated lamp fail to find i hadn't even swapped over the standard orange lamps to the Osram chrome ones. No issues found but scotchbrite all contact points and red rubber grease the o rings to stop them dry seizing in as its a common evil of the Vectra headlights and AFL ones have a tendency to burn the contacts out. Bumper red clips replaced as there was nothing left to grip against.

IMG_7953.jpgIMG_7954.jpgIMG_7956.jpgIMG_7957.jpg
    Last edited by Dog_Book; 20th July 2021 at 22:47.
    Vectra VXR estate 2007 Sapphire Black
    Teapot Tuned 255/300
    Eibachs B8's, fully loaded factory options

Tech2 & MDI diagnostics + SPS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

As part of the ongoing powerflex uca outer bush issue it’s been agreed my idea of using quality arms and keeping the inner as powerflex is the way forward. Powerflex have authorised a full refund for the outer bushes which will be put towards the labour costs of removal swapping bushes and the alignment check. They sent me new shells as requested to save having to remove them from the old arms. So either before this is done or after ill update the diary with the full Powerflex bush upgrade job thats dragged on since March But can't have it half a job can we?

IMG_7963.jpg
    Teapot Tuned 255/300

9. Likes northpole, Vwdub2000, watchman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Powerfkex make good bushes, but IMHO they do ruin the ride... now since you got the heavy 2.8t lump in the front it might be better but seriously with new oem bushes I can now feel some stuff that before was smoothed out by the softer ride... I can just about deal with it...

Don't get me wrong I used to slam cars into the ground and didn't need any comfort. But now? Hell no! I want my comfort as close as oem... I will go for shorter sport shocks with matching springs but that is it. (Coilovers no thanks unless they are fully adjustable both inbound and rebound settings) Bushes for me have to be OEM period, end of story.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by northpole View Post
    Powerfkex make good bushes, but IMHO they do ruin the ride... now since you got the heavy 2.8t lump in the front it might be better but seriously with new oem bushes I can now feel some stuff that before was smoothed out by the softer ride... I can just about deal with it...

Don't get me wrong I used to slam cars into the ground and didn't need any comfort. But now? Hell no! I want my comfort as close as oem... I will go for shorter sport shocks with matching springs but that is it. (Coilovers no thanks unless they are fully adjustable both inbound and rebound settings) Bushes for me have to be OEM period, end of story.
    Its a night and day difference, with all bar the front ARB changed to powerflex the ride is way smoother. Its like driving on silk, come up and have a go its unreal.
    Teapot Tuned 255/300

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I don't wanna drive 4 hours to just have a try ... I'll take your word for it... but as I said I have had them before but always in combination with having the car slammed down to the ground. That might be the reason why they always made the ride rock-hard...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Remember I said I made my leather seats black... well yesterday i spotted some patches of that nasty charcoal grey on the whole interior... so I got my leather recolour satin black out and resprayed the lot... I have to... it finally has a complete satin black finish.

And when I say complete I mean the lot has gotten a new coat. Doorcards, seats, arm rests, it's just the steeringwheel left to redo but I decided against it... I have a spare one so that will get a proper prep before I respray it.

But for now it looks so much better actual satin black with almost no shine so it doesn't get that hot in the sun, combined with the black roof liner and all the pillars and handles...

Just need to krub down the damaged rubber coating on the doorcard handles and spray those in rhe same colour as the interior strip to make it standout even more. But it looks like I have had the lot re-done in new leather.

Page 1221 of 1300 FirstFirst ... 2217211121117112111219122012211222122312311271 ... LastLast

Thread Information