0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Car handsfree kit for Nokia 6100

In my old Vectra (51, 2.0 DTi) I had CARK-91 with a Nokia 6310i handset.

Now I have changed cars to a 04 1.8 and have also got a new company phone, ie Nokia 6100.

How do I fit a car kit so that the stereo mutes and the sound comes through all the existing car's speakers and the volume can be changed by the volume control either on the stereo or on the steering wheel? This was exactly what I had done on my old car and phone.

However, I do not know what model of handsfree kit to get, or how to wire it up. Anyone know if it's even possible on Vec C?

EDIT:- Can I salvage any of the old parts, eg controller, mic, aerial etc
    TIA
    Last edited by Ste; 20th September 2005 at 22:50.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Ste you can convert the cark-91 to pop port by using the the following item....http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?...RK91_CONVERTER we have a further 100 units due in in about 48 hours if the few we have go.... great product and it means you can use the complete kit again.... fitting is a pain in the *** so you could use the following http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=121215 they cover the UK will fit it where ever you want home or work when ever you want

dont worry im not on commision i work for the trade division of the group just thought it may help

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I bought the kit that Halfords had on offer a few months ago which connects to your stereo for my Nokia 6230i... it works OK, not fantastic as sometimes it gives a little bit of feedback.

Have a look here ... I think they also do a Bluetooth kit but can't find the link at the minute.

HTH

Chris.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Car Phone

Check behind the glovebox, if there is an ISO connector taped up with ordinary masking tape then it is an easy job, Sio communications (among others) sell the adapter leads to connect Nokia kits to the sterio and you can even increase and decrease the volume using the steering wheel controls.
    Nokia kits are available on ebay, I suggest you go to the Nokia site and find out which car kit is suitable.
    If your phone is bluetooth then it is a straight forward job. Suggest CARK 128

Good glas mount areal and run the lead under the passanger side sill trim up to the glove box.

No holes brackets are available if you want to use a pop port cradle.

Just fitted the Nokia 610 bluetooth kar kit to my Elite estate an absolute breeze. You can even put the Sim card straight into it and not use the phone.

Regards

David

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Nokia 610

Quote Originally Posted by ABYSS
    Now they are one nice bit if kit David what kind of money did u pay for that mate? If you dont mind me asking
    ebay, brand new in box for £150 or therabouts, couldn't resist it as I had a CARK 128 in which did not work with my new Nok 6822

Fitted the display to the no holes bracket where I had my old cradle, the only real problem was deciding where to put the control switch.

Also works with her indoors phone, just detects either one when you get in the car, bit of a fight when we're both aboard though. LOL.

BTW anybody want to buy a CARK 128 complete with Nokia 3310 before I fit it into my boat???

David

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Nokia 610

Quote Originally Posted by ABYSS
    Now they are one nice bit if kit David what kind of money did u pay for that mate? If you dont mind me asking
    CARK 126 NOT CARK 128 as I mentioned is suited to the 6100 handset, ever so very sorry

ebay, brand new in box for £150 or therabouts, couldn't resist it as I had a CARK 128 in which did not work with my new Nok 6822

Fitted the display to the no holes bracket where I had my old cradle, the only real problem was deciding where to put the control switch.

Also works with her indoors phone, just detects either one when you get in the car, bit of a fight when we're both aboard though. LOL.

BTW anybody want to buy a CARK 128 complete with Nokia 3310 before I fit it into my boat???

David

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi abyss..... i can sort out a phone no probs just cant do it to often due to some t**t at working buying 10 phones at cost and putting them on ebay.... but let me know if i can do it i will.....

Ste if you go for the cark 126 you will have to get a MBC-15S holder if you dont already have one....
    the nokia 610 is a great if you can get it for £150 or even look at the new kit the 616 not much different but it does support multiple profiles (sadly not at the same time though) great if you have 2 phones ie work and your own as you can switch between the phones when you want....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dazza-diesel
    Hi abyss..... i can sort out a phone no probs just cant do it to often due to some t**t at working buying 10 phones at cost and putting them on ebay.... but let me know if i can do it i will.....

Ste if you go for the cark 126 you will have to get a MBC-15S holder if you dont already have one....
    the nokia 610 is a great if you can get it for £150 or even look at the new kit the 616 not much different but it does support multiple profiles (sadly not at the same time though) great if you have 2 phones ie work and your own as you can switch between the phones when you want....

The 610 also supports multiple profiles, I really don't think there is any advantage in getting a 616 unless you are a very sophisticated user, I did a lot of research before choosing and the price difference simply was not justifiable.

David

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right.

Thanks for the input from you all. I have come to a decision what I need and this is my plan.

Fit CARK-91 (keep original cradle, as I still use my old 6310i sometimes)
    Obtain a cradle adaptor for the 6100 phone. One of those things that sit in the cradle itself and convert it to pop-port.

My problem now, is that there is not an ISO connector behind the glove box.

Does anyone who which terminal on the stereo is for the mute function (and what is the input signal - is it +12 V or ground or something else?) and the other question is what pin is for the sound signal to get it through the speekers with volume control from the stereo also?

Could be answered in 2 parts really,

1 . Anyone got a 'phone loom' diagram? The loom can be spec'd as an option for the car???
    2 . Anyone got the diagram for the connector lead that is mentioned above by DAVID2452?

The whole point here is that I don't want to spend a lot on money right now, I'll got a cash flow problem - it's flowing away from me quicker than it flows towards me......

Thanks for all your help so far, just a little more needed. I'll do a 'how to' if it all pays off to help other out if wanted.

Cheers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK.................

If you're going to do the job without a mute lead it can be easily done but it may cause warranty problems as you will be splicing into the cars wiring loom. Also you may lose some functionality -v- using a mute lead

BTW there is a mute lead available that plugs to the back of the sterio as well as one for the ISO connector.

To save posting here as I'm a bit pushed for time right now Sio communications site contains all the info you will need, they have diagrams showing which colour from the Nokia harnes does what and which pin out on the sterio connector block it needs to be spliced into. Go to the forum area rather than the shop area.

Also as usual be prepared for all the implications related to battery disconnection.

David

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information