Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default clutch problem

hope somebody can help
    got this problem ,it happens about once every 2 weeks.
    after i have been driving for a while and say i pull into a garage,park up and then come back out to the car ,start the car up select reverse,foot in on the clutch(no problem)but when i let the clutch out to reverse the car it tries to stall.the bite position on the clutch has changed i have to let the clutch pedal out all the way before it takes.the pressure on the pedal is totally different it feels as if there is a big spring pushing the pedal up, then when i go to select 1st i barely have to touch the pedal if i push in to far it starts to stall, but once moving there is no problem and everything returns to normal for the next few weeks, and as i said it only might happen once every 2 weeks any ideas

the car is a 2t signum with 37000 on the clock,and my network q runs out in 3 weeks
    thanks alan

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Get it straight back to dealer m8 had my clutch and flywheel replaced under warranty at 42k miles 1.9cdti 120

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

As above, definitely doesn't sound right - get it straight into the dealer.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

It's a thing called the dual mass fly wheel,I think it's fitted to yours also.
    A weak part,and had mine replaced at only 23k,and the car was in for a different job altogether!!! My dealer changed it whilst they had the car in,as they knew full well i'd be back at some point in the future,which i thought was most decent of them .
    Have to say i didn't even have any of your symptoms as it hadn't started playing up,(although a cutting out in first gear had started).However the drive i felt in the car after it was done was very noticeable so it was obviously wearing.
    Mad when my last astra did 120k and didn't even hint of such a problem.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I stand to be corrected, but I'm pretty positive that 2.0T doesn't have a dual-mass flywheel.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

thanks for the replies lads,i also should have said that the car has been cutting out a lot in first gear maybe once a day i thought it was just me.i would have to be gental on the clutch when moving of at traffic lights,i never felt i could floor it.i never had a turbo car before so for some reason i thought this was normal,not the cutting out part just the gental on the clutch part.
    i have had a few problems with the car i have only had it 11 months ,pulley tensioner,wiper linkage, shocks, sensor valves and all replaced under network q.
    as i said this might only happen every now and then every other time the clutch is ,well i thought 100% until sparky71a mentioned about cutting out in first.
    explain flywheel if you have a minute and Duncan do i have one? ,thanks again alan

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Think all the diesels have a dual mass flywheel its to stop the jerkyness when pulling away in first or something

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Sorry for the late reply..Life On Mars you know!!!!

Well belive it or not i'm a 2.2 SRI petrol,and was almost reliably told by a few on the forum that i didn't have a dual mass fly on my motor,until the dealer said,in Panto style of course...OH YES YOU DO!

Car parking is where cutting out happened most,or slow adjusting of position when pulling onto the driveway at home.
    As soon as i popped her into 1st and dropped the revs,it was goodnight sweet heart,
    Funny tho as it would have a bad week,but then be a good girl for a couple of weeks then play up some more.
    And just prior to the work it happened at the cinema car park,which made me look like a right Sh8te driver!!!

Since the work has been done it hasn't happened once,infact i took her for a run on my private runway after the flywheel had been replaced and the pull on her from 80 through to whatever was unbelievable,i'd certainly never felt her do that before in the 8 months i'd had her,so go get the job done mate,you'll be glad when you do.Don't forget to post and let me know if you found the same difference as me

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

thanks for the help and information ,the car is booked in to the garage in the morning,will let you know the out come.Alan

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Need some information please,dropped the car into the garage to get the rear shocks replaced under warranty a few weeks ago and while it was in i told them about my problem with the clutch,the service guy said that the car just needs its software upgraded which will fix the clutch problem.so i thought ok i will go along with that,but also thinking how will that help,anyway got the car back and everything ok, but today when reversing into a car park space the car stalled and when i started the car up i had no pressure in the clutch pedal and the bite position was was on the floor,then after about 2 seconds, the pressure came back in the pedal, and the bite position was instant (as soon as you touched the pedal) so after pushing the pedal a few times everything returned to normal(correct pressure on pedal and correct bite position) so my question is, what do i need to get replaced.
    and as Duncan asked above do 2.0T engines have a flywheel.
    i found a new garage to bring my car to,and the lads are very good but the more information i have the better
    Thanks for any help,Alan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information