Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Opel Vectra GTS

Trim : Elegance

Engine : 2.2 DTi 16V

Year : 2003

Mileage : 75 000

Some more F25, F35 and F40 technical information and upgraded parts :

http://www.genuinesaab.com/psi/gearbox.htm

Other technical information from GM about various gearboxes, including the F35 and F40 :

http://www.gminsidenews.com/index.php?page=trans_guide
    Last edited by Z80; 4th June 2013 at 22:55.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Z80 View Post
    Anyway, this topic is NOT about the F40 gearbox, so please stop hijacking.
    Hey, if you're spreading misinformation (about the F40), we're going to correct you fella, it's as simple as that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vauxhall Astra G

Trim : SRI

Engine : 2.2 DTI

Mileage : 330000

Interesting post about the F35 gearbox upgrades, my gearbox will be coming out soon for a clutch replacement, I have an Astra G with a Vectra C 2.2 DTI engine conversion currently tuned to 151PS and is running and has an Opel Astra 2.2 DTI map flashed to the Vectra ECU which is integrated into the fuel pump of the donor engine, the car now also has a hybrid turbo which is capable of squeezing more than 151PS out of the 2.2 engine if I have it remapped again to raise the boost thresholds which appear to be still set at the factory limit.

Opel made an Astra 2.2 DTI which has an F35 Gearbox, Vauxhall only went up to 2.0 DTI which has an F23 gearbox which is good for 230nm, I have sourced an F35 gearbox for an Opel Astra 2.2 DTI from Spain (P/N uu55351000) before starting work on the clutch replacement so I can see if the F35 will fit when the F23 comes out and if it fits I will source the driveshafts, gear linkages and gear selector for the box and the current F23 box is a cable shift and the F35 for the Astra uses a rod linkage.

If it looks like I will be able to fit the F35, might as well upgrade to the Quaife diff at the same time but there's not much information I could find about the dimensions and specification of the standard Vauxhall/Opel F35 diff for the 2.2 DTI engine.

The link below is for the Quaife diff I think is the closest match I will find for my F35 gearbox.

https://shop.quaife.co.uk/saab-9-5-v...d-differential

The Quaife QDH8J and the Vauxhall/Opel F35 differential both appear to use 12 bolts and have 27 teeth for the driveshaft spline but while Quaife provide all the technical info for the QDH8J I can't find the same information for the diff in the F35 gearbox I have to compare with as I'd like to be reasonably confident the Quaife diff will work in my gearbox before ordering it.

Has anyone here upgraded their Vauxhall/Opel F35 differential to the Quaife unit and is the F35 differential the same dimensions for gearbox's on the petrol and diesel engines ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Opel Vectra GTS

Trim : Elegance

Engine : 2.2 DTi 16V

Mileage : 75 000

Hi !

I don't know about the differential fittings, but the petrol flywheel doesn't have the same number of bolts than the diesel one. The number of teeth is common, however.

This Quaife kit has been commonly fitted on Saturn Ion cars, which of course have a petrol engine. Spacers may also bee needed for some fitments.

Maybe you could ask LMF for an advice ? They've been selling this kit in the past, and I can see it's still in their catalogue :

http://www.lmfvauxhall.co.uk/Quaife-...LSD-QDF7B.html

5. Thanks Ph1l thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vauxhall Astra G

Trim : SRI

Engine : 2.2 DTI

Mileage : 330000

Quick update about My Opel Astra G F35 gearbox and suitable Quaife limited slip differential.

The Astra is in the garage tis week to have the clutch replaced, the old clutch, DMF and ang F23 gearbox are all 2.0 DTI parts.

I have a new 2.2 DTI clutch, DMF and the Opel Astra 2.2 DTI F35 gearbox, part number 55351000 which I'm going to test fit first to be sure there will be no clearance issues since this gearbox was only factory fitted to left hand drive Astras.

If it will fit as I hope it will, I will order the new drive shafts which are required for this gearbox, the front lower gearbox mount which looks like it should accept a powerflex bush insert and have the gearbox rebuilt with new bearings and Quaife limited slip diff now I have confirmed which one is required and that the Quaife part will fit, I also have all the parts to convert the astra from cable to rod linkage for the F35.

I found some very useful information from the website below about my Opel F35 gearbox which confirmed the part number of the differential to be GM/Saab part number 90490986, this is also used in several Saab, Chevrolet, Saturn cars.

https://varuosad.alvadi.ee/en/reg/58...facturer/72/13

From the link above you may also be able to confirm the GM part number of the differential used in Vauxhall/Opel Vectra / Signum F35 gearbox's, it had a complete breakdown of all parts inside the F35 gearbox I have including all part number information.

I have been in touch with Abbott Racing who are the sole UK supplier for Quaife differentials for Saabs and they can supply and fit the Quaife differential and rebuild my gearbox with new bearings and synchronisers.

QDH8J appears to be the Quaife limited slip differential upgrade for GM/Saab open diff part number 90490986.

I should know if the F35 will fit early this week, then I can arrange to take it to Abbott Racing to be rebuilt and upgraded before it goes back into the Astra.
    Last edited by Ph1l; 16th September 2018 at 21:45.

7. Likes Dog_Book, llamallama liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : 2.0 tdi

Engine : Y20dth

Year : 2004

Default 2.2 dti clutch on 3.2 v6 f35 gear box

Quote Originally Posted by Z80 View Post
    Hi !

I don't know about the differential fittings, but the petrol flywheel doesn't have the same number of bolts than the diesel one. The number of teeth is common, however.

This Quaife kit has been commonly fitted on Saturn Ion cars, which of course have a petrol engine. Spacers may also bee needed for some fitments.

Maybe you could ask LMF for an advice ? They've been selling this kit in the past, and I can see it's still in their catalogue :

http://www.lmfvauxhall.co.uk/Quaife-...LSD-QDF7B.html

Can I fit 2.2 dti flywheel and clutch to a f35 gear box on 3.2 v6 vectra c ? That would be awesome.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C Saloon( sadly died at age 20 due to a hart attack)

Trim : SXI limited edition

Engine : 2.0 16v DTI

Mileage : 140000

No you can't.. 2.2 dti has a F23 gearbox therefor the flywheel and clutch are different.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information