0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

confused 3.2 auto jerking when changing gears

Does anyone know of any faults that cause jerking on the 3.2 auto/tiptronic box especially when changing down the gears when going down hill especially when the engine is cold?

I'm now on my 3rd visit to VX and they claim it's mapped ok and the COMPUTER SAYS YES its all ok when it's definately jerky especially when the mechanic gets out the car!!!

Tiptronic works ok but in auto its sometimes quite violent as my wife's neck will testify!!!! I only have two months Network Q warranty left and want it sorting before then! Is the clutch anything to do with it? Want to get the warranty's money worth!

Cheers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, you haven't got a conventional clutch, you've got a torque converter instead..

Have they looked at the rear engine mounting?.. just a thought..overrun and shock loading..

Just because the software says it's fine doesn't mean you haven't got sticking valves in the valvebody.. be slightly more 'firm' with the dealer on this as an out of warranty repair will be 1000's..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're probably falling victim to the 'they all do that mate' standard response.

Do a search on autos on this board and you'll find a fair bit of discussion on auto problems. My auto is displaying similar symptoms to yours, although not yet as bad as you describe. The AW box in the Vectra has climb/descent sensors so that it should not let the box change up too soon when climbing or alternatively 'run away' when descending. This feature used to work imperceptibly in my car - now when cold, it is quite obtrusive.

As GSi3.2 says, the software can say one thing and the driving experience can be quite different. My car was VERY smooth when new and up to about 25K miles it was fine. Since it's last software update, the gearshifts have been significantly more noticeable - it's like the professional chauffeur has been replaced by a learner driver. I agree that it is worth badgering the dealer - my warranty is up in June so I can share your concerns. I'll certainly be having my car looked at again before I'm out of warranty cover.

There is very little you can do yourself to sensibly interpret auto characteristics without access to the diagnostic equipment as there are so many sensors/variables to take into account. The real problem seems to be in finding a dealer with a mechanic who REALLY understands how to interpret the readings from the diagnostics - if you find one, let me know!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well just got it back,the garage couldn't find a fault in the ECU but they reworked it and when I took the mechanic to show him how bad it was itnever jerked once!! Mechanic now tied up and left in the boot cause if he's there it'll never do it!! Will see how it gets on in the snow when I go to work tonight!!

Thread Information