0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default VX mis-diagnosis!!!!

I had a tererible juddering on my signum, dropped it off at VX, the next day i got the call saying my 3rd injector plug needs re wiring? but they recommend all are done @ £250.00!!!!!

Asked them not to go any further until i can get down there. I had noticed the day before the manifold /swirl valve alignment bar had come off. i told VX this when i dropped it off but there was no report of it being checked. i took the mechanic out to the car and showed him the loose manifold part. He looked suprised and then told me i will need a new manifold before going any further!!! (as advised by you guys) i then dropped in to the conversation that i should get a new modified manifold as this was a common problem with the CDTi engines. again i got a blank look!

After they disappeared to look on the computer they announced the manifold will cost £250.00 + £250.00 to fit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG and its 1500 miles out of warranty but only 2 years old, so i may have to foot the bill, but i argued the toss and the service manager will be contacting VX head officed to see if they will cover it???

So at first the tech 2 highlighted a faulty injector when they now think its the manifold...

I cant see how they can charge such high labour charges and then have the customer diagnose the fault....

Will let you know the outcome......

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is the matter with these dealers

Why can't they do their jobs right any more. The sooner they bring back REAL apprenticeships the better. Soon we will have no tradesmen (and women ) left in the country

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You should push for goodwill on the basis your car is only out of warranty, if they be awkard ask why the sudden price hike??????

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

250 quid to remake an injector connection???.. sounds very fishy to me....

And as for the inlet manifold, they should do the decent thing and hopefully do it under some kind of cost sharing or freebie arrangement hopefully..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The injector connections consisted of a plug, rubber gromet, heat shrink, two wires with connectors and a rubber seal, but even the mechanic said he "had never done one before" but even better he suggested that as im a sparkie that i try looking at the connector and wiring myself or even give the zip tie a tighten!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In my mind the parts should cost about a fiver max! but WTF £250.00 which may not fix the problem, im not a happy bunny...

Reading other posts, i should have my cam belt replaced at the same time as the manifold as the belt is removed when the manifold is replaced, so in my mind the price should only increase by the price of the belt? Cam belt price anyone?

I just hope VX cover the parts and or labour, i wont hold my breath..

Woodsta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there was a problem on these engines where corrosion was forming in the injector plugs, i have done a couple. But i cant see what made them go for them when it is obvious the swirl flap was at fault, if you do get it under warranty make sure they renew the actuator motor aswell!! (i am sure you will get it under goodwill)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

was that electrolytic corrosion, or due to water ingress Sundance??.. only as the injectors are under the top cover and sealed with the grommet in the plug it seems odd that they should corrode?..

like you say, if it's obviously the swirl valve mechanism, why the heck not just do a 'first visit' repair and change the manifold in the 1st place..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is something i found that may interest.
    (2006.07) - Vectra-C, Signum, Astra-H 2004, Zafira-B 2005 - Engine Types: Z19DTH (& Z19TJ For Astra-H) - Intake Manifold - Swirl Flaps Out Of Order, DTC: P1109 Set

Vectra-C, Signum, Astra-H 2004, Zafira-B 2005 - Engine Types: Z19DTH (& Z19TJ For Astra-H)

Intake Manifold - Swirl Flaps Out Of Order, DTC: P1109 Set

Customers complaint of lack of power and the SVS being illuminated. TECH2 shows DTC: P1109 or sometimes P2279 (11).

This concern might be caused by a sticking swirl flap or due to a malfunction of the swirl flap actuator.

Several modifications have been introduced since start of production (SOP). The latest is a design change to the swirl flap to make the flaps more robust and to prevent them from sticking, engine B.P: Z19DTH17110597.

In case of a customer complaint, perform a TECH2 actuator test in order to evaluate the problem.

Recommendation:

Remove the upper trim cover from the engine in order to see the swirl flap linkage mechanism. Switch on ignition (no need to start the engine), take TECH2 out of the vehicle to the engine bay. Select swirl flap actuator test and perform test. If the linkage does not move at all but the actuator motor can be heard working (audible), it may be that:

- either the internal actuator motor mechanism is faulty

or

- the pin ball from the actuator lever has come off, the lever is bent or has just slipped off from the actuator joint.

In this case the actuator needs to be replaced.

In any other case, it may be that the swirl flap linkage got stuck during the actuator test or does not move completely from one end to another. If this happens the intake manifold needs to be replaced together with the actuator.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Funny.. plasma was in for that this week.. but they never changed the actuator, they just 'updated' the software....

if it doesn't work.. then why not just change it eh?.. beats me..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hope this might shed some light GSi;
    Vectra-C, Signum, Astra-H 2004 To 2006, Zafira-B 2005 to 2006 - Engine Type: Z19DT, Z19DTH, Z19DTL (Plus Z19DTJ For Astra-H Only) - Engine Jerking, Sometimes Trouble Code P0201, P0204 Set

Customer complains about the engine jerking and occasionally the SVS lamp coming on. DTCs P0201 and P0204 are set.

This is caused by a software malfunction and / or fretting corrosion on the injector plug. A modified wiring harness has been implemented in production as of engine number: Z19DTH17000444

In case of a customer complaint, reprogram the ECU according to E0001849 before changing any parts.

If E0001849 does not cure the problem, install injector plugs Part No: 93189918 / Kat No: 62 86 769.

E0002049 is carried out by using a wiring harness repair kit, which contains all relevant wiring profiles. Please refer to TIS2000 in order to identify the appropriate wiring profile required to carry out the repair.

Note: The field fix kit does not contain 1.5 mm wire as mentioned in the TIS 2000 wiring diagram. Please use a 2.5 mm wire instead.

TIS Reference Number: E0002049

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information