0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : vectra 1.9cdti elite 150

Trim : Black leather

Engine : 1.9 cdti 150

Year : 2008

Default CD70 Navi existing hardwire phone mic

Hi all,

This is my first posting here (2nd on any forum). So please excuse any mistakes, for now at least ;-)

The last few days I've been searching here and elsewhere as a guest and have found great information but I have a few extra questions that I can't seem to find...

I have the CD70 navi with what seems like a hardwire phone connection by bury with a brodit pro cradle. There is a mic near the courtesy light. However there doesn't seem to be bluetooth?! The phone cradle is for an odd shaped phone which is probably obsolete now.

I have an iPhone 4 which I would like to use hands free (ideally handwired which I gather is impossible?!). I've seen on this forum the various ways in which it could be rigged up using either vauxhall bluetooth uhp4 (which I take it, I do not have?!) or parrot systems. But wondered if I can use the existing mic or any of existing wires cables etc.

also...I've only once installed a car stereo. It worked but I think this head unit might be above my skill level. Is there anyone in south east wales (Cardiff area or there abouts) that would be able to install something for me?

any assistance greatly appreciated.

jamie

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : SRi

Engine : CDTI 150

Year : 2006

Mileage : 103000

If you want to fit a hands free kit, you'll probably find that the existing stuff is so old as to be useless.

I'd recommend a parrot MKi kit (if you want to stream music through the stereo) or a CK kit (if you just want bluetooth). Ideally a MKi9100 or 9200, or a CK3100 or 3200.

You will need an SOT lead, specifically SOT-122 to plug it in, and to be honest if you have fitted a car stereo before, then fitting a parrot kit won't be that much different. All of the connectors are keyed and it pretty much goes straight in. The only slight difference with the use of the SOT lead is that it will have a loose red cable which needs to be connected to a +12v switched live. This can be obtained from the cigarette lighter plug fitted on the bottom of the socket, and is simplicity itself to tap onto.

If you fit the parrot mic in the same location as the existing one, you could quite easily tape the parrot mic connector to the existing wire, snip the wire from the existing mic and simply pull it back through, feeding the new parrot mic wire through. The rest of it is straightforward, and the vecs come apart really easily.

Only other thing to remember when fitting parrot kits is to swap the orange and red fuse holders over, and ensure the yellow loose wire on the parrot loom is connected to the pink wire on the SOT-122 loom. It is honestly as easy as that!

Tools-wise, you'll only really need a Torx T20 or T25 screwdriver, some double-DIN radio release keys and either some half decent plastic prying tools (bojo or similar) or some well protected flat blade screwdrivers to gently release trim and poke wiring into gaps with. (A largeish flatblade screwdriver coated in a liberal cover of black tape will usually work ok!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by BoostPuppy View Post
    If you want to fit a hands free kit, you'll probably find that the existing stuff is so old as to be useless.

I'd recommend a parrot MKi kit (if you want to stream music through the stereo) or a CK kit (if you just want bluetooth). Ideally a MKi9100 or 9200, or a CK3100 or 3200.

You will need an SOT lead, specifically SOT-122 to plug it in, and to be honest if you have fitted a car stereo before, then fitting a parrot kit won't be that much different. All of the connectors are keyed and it pretty much goes straight in. The only slight difference with the use of the SOT lead is that it will have a loose red cable which needs to be connected to a +12v switched live. This can be obtained from the cigarette lighter plug fitted on the bottom of the socket, and is simplicity itself to tap onto.

If you fit the parrot mic in the same location as the existing one, you could quite easily tape the parrot mic connector to the existing wire, snip the wire from the existing mic and simply pull it back through, feeding the new parrot mic wire through. The rest of it is straightforward, and the vecs come apart really easily.

Only other thing to remember when fitting parrot kits is to swap the orange and red fuse holders over, and ensure the yellow loose wire on the parrot loom is connected to the pink wire on the SOT-122 loom. It is honestly as easy as that!

Tools-wise, you'll only really need a Torx T20 or T25 screwdriver, some double-DIN radio release keys and either some half decent plastic prying tools (bojo or similar) or some well protected flat blade screwdrivers to gently release trim and poke wiring into gaps with. (A largeish flatblade screwdriver coated in a liberal cover of black tape will usually work ok!)
    WOW! Wasn't expecting that!!! Thank you so much for all the info! This is great.

I was looking at the ck3100. It's reasonably priced and I'm quite happy using aux in for audio. Money isn't really a deciding factor so ill go and swat up the best one.

again...Many thanks for spending your time answering,

Jamie

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

***Update***
    I installed the parrott ck3000 evolution.

i really didn't like the idea of having the parrott controls so visible for both security and aesthetics. So I found a great place that's still accessible but out of the way. In the dash tray underneath the aircon controls, underneath the rubber grip mat there is already a hole which the control lead can be pulled through.

as for a review on the ck3000 evolution. I'll maybe post a review when I've had a bit longer with it.

Thread Information